“Caution - you may not see the rays.”
Review of Papa J Tours

$105.99*
North Creek Kayak Adventure in Grand Turk
Ranked #4 of 24 Tours in Grand Turk
More attraction details
Owner description: Private boat charter for snorkeling to Gibbs Cay, bottom fishing tours, deep sea fishing, Salt Cay day trips, and whale watching. An adventure awaits you on your arrival at Grand Turk Cruise Center! Located 200 feet from the Grand Turk Cruise Center, at the Local Village Bar and Restaurant.Snorkel, Swim, Bottom fish, Deep Sea Fishing and Explore Gibbs Cay.With Papa J Tour's you choose the adventure and we'll take care of the rest!Are you searching for the true beauty of the Turks And Caicos? Well search no more, we have the local knowledge and experience to take you on the trip of a lifetime.Climb aboard One of our boat's and prepare yourself to be whisked away to sights unseen. Indulge yourself with a tour along the south east coast of the Island of Grand Turk. You'll discover the beautiful uninhabited cays, and visit pristine reefs, with exotic tropical fishes. We're ready to provide anything your heart desires, from half-day snorkeling, light or deep tackle fishing tours, also Whale Watching! At Papa J Tours we are here to cater to you with private charters all your own. So come and explore the "Beautiful By Nature" Island of Grand Turk, and Gibbs Cays for a breath taking day at the beach.
Reviewed March 2, 2014

We booked after seeing reviews on Trip Advisor. The crew were great and one of them dived for a conch and we ate it raw on the beach. We went at the right times but sadly the rays were not to be seen and so although we spent time snorkling we didn't really see much in the way of fish. I did feel a bit let down given the great reviews so maybe we were unlucky.
Also best to double check times - P&O ship stays on Ships time which is an hour difference from Island time!! If you book it is Island time that they book you for.

1  Thank fisher25

Reviewed March 1, 2014

My review is a little late, but this great excursion can not be forgotten. We took our tour at the end of May and couldn't have been happier. The staff was very professional and the tour was excellent. I saw more fish on this trip than any other snorkel trip that I have been on. And Shark bait, the first mate and snorkel master was excellent. He was even able to bring a nurse shark in for our whole group to explore. What a great time. We would highly recommend this tour and we would look forward to taking this tour a second time if we stop in Grand Turk again.

1  Thank klaw1
Reviewed February 14, 2014

They are simply the best! We were first timers and they took really good care of us, made us feel comfortable, safe and secure. Our guide was very helpful, he even took pictures for us! Highly recommend them.

Reviewed February 11, 2014

My wife and I visited Grand Turk February 2014 with our two young children. We contracted Papa J's to take our family to swim with the Stingrays. The tour was amazing and our two and three year old loved it. The staff was very friendly and knowledgable. Our guide caught conch out on the reef and brought it back for us all to see and then gave the shell to our children as a gift. We would definitely recommend this tour and company to anyone visiting the island!

1  Thank Rickc1985
Reviewed February 11, 2014

Our guides were great. Accommodating, helped us to take photos. Nice guys. Boat ride & scenery were amazing, the snorkeling was pretty good. Possibly the best I've seen (I've done Thailand & Mexico), but previous experiences were just OK, so the bar might be low. Certainly nothing like what I've found online. Tourism just damages coral too much I suppose. But the Grand Wall made the whole thing very interesting. Loved that. I'd definitely recommend Papa J's, we easily developed a very good rapport with our guides.

1  Thank Jacob S