“amazing to see the drop off”
Review of Library Reef

Library Reef
Ranked #17 of 39 things to do in Grand Turk
More attraction details
Owner description: Shallow reef full of beautiful and curious fish, a perfect place to scuba dive.
Reviewed May 24, 2013

snorkelling here is good, you see a fair amount of fish, but perhaps not as good as some other places around the island. What is amazing is the huge drop off. I don't dive but I think that it would be an amazing place to dive

2  Thank WendyRaikes
There are newer reviews for Library Reef

Reviewed April 9, 2013

This dive, like most the wall dives on Grand Turk is quite good. Our perspective on the diving in Grand Turk is based on multiple trips to Bonaire and Cozumel, as well as Statia and St. Croix. We did a total of 10 dives while on Grand Turk and enjoyed them, but....

We would say the diving is good-to-very-good. That said, we would return to Grand Turk in a heart beat as we love the island and the people. The diving is good enough to keep us happy. We dove with Blue Water Divers and can not say enough good about Mitch and his staff. They go above and beyond for their customers.

3  Thank MaineDivers
Reviewed February 3, 2013 via mobile

My wife an I came here to snorkel as part of an excursion on a Carnival Cruise. We rode a catamaran out to the spot and got some basic training on how to snorkel (first timers).

You float about 15 feet above the coral and it's beautiful. There were lots of fish when we were there and the tour guides would dive down to the bottom to feed the fish and attract more. There is a ledge that drops off much deeper too which is very cool to float over.

Overall this is a fun place to go snorkeling in Grand Turk!

7  Thank KipsterED
Reviewed January 2, 2013

Over the holidays, I traveled to Grand Turk and had the opportunity to snorkel at Library Reef. As with any snorkeling adventure, the experiences will vary each time, but when I visited, I was able to see a barracuda, eel, lobster, and even a turtle. The reef seemed more barren than other places I've snorkeled, as far as parrot fish and tangs go, but this reef certainly had more interesting residents and a very large drop off. Definitely go here if you get the chance!

3  Thank Zeppi66
Reviewed December 29, 2012

There was a big dropoff in the reef, but not that many fish to see. I was disappointed in this particular location.

1  Thank joe m