“A long awaited visit”

Ranked #2 of 31 Restaurants in Grand Turk
Cuisines: American, Barbecue, Caribbean, Bar
Good for: Families with children, Scenic view, Bar scene, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night
Description: Enjoy the local flavor from our grille and tiki hut bar while relaxing on our deck overlooking the crystal blue sea and sandy beach. We are only open on cruise ship days except for special occasions (Call or email us.)
Dorchester, UK
“A long awaited visit”
Reviewed December 10, 2012

Last year we should have called at GT, but problems with the ship meant we missed out, so I was keen to try it this time. We went straight there when leaving the ship and the owner was very helpful, allowing us to leave our bags behind, whilst we walked to the nearby town.
On our return we enjoyed very nice, but pricey, cocktails and a snack lunch, which was very disappointing and expensive for what it was. We had anticipated Conch, but apparently the recent sea conditions had prevented them from catching any.
The wi-fi was sketchy, presumably due to the large number of users? One member of staff, not a family member, who were all charming, kept asking us if we wanted further drinks and this put us off, so we left.

Visited December 2012

Chicago, Illinois
“Away from the crowds”
Reviewed December 10, 2012

Jack’s Shack is the place for me. It is on Governor’s Beach and just a walk down the beach from the pier. I do not enjoy the crowds and the beach chairs lined up almost on top of themselves at Margaritaville. Jack’s Shack is very laid back with friendly dogs and people and great drinks.

My visit started off with a torrential downpour (thank goodness for the umbrella). The chair & umbrella were included with the cost of a drink. Worked for me! And kept me fairly dry.

Snorkeling is decent off the beach at Jack’s Shack, heading toward the pier. There was a nice patch of turtle grass where I saw a good sized turtle. The reef is not spectacular but there are plenty of fish to be seen. Lionfish porcupine fish, trunkfish, flounder, butterlfyfish, etc.

Then back to my chair to dry out and enjoy a specialty drink from the bar. Paradise found.

Visited November 2012
Springfield, Massachusetts
“Great location to have a beer”
Reviewed December 7, 2012

Jacks Shack is a lovely bar, set right on the beach. It has great food and is always buzzing with people, but never crowded.

Little Rock, Arkansas
“Try the Jerk Chicken!”
Reviewed December 2, 2012

Just a short walk down the beach from where the cruise ships dock. They give you free beach chairs and you can rent an umbrella. The water is clear and warm (or was when we went in early November.) Order the jerk chicken, it's spicy and AMAZING! After the fancy fare we had on the ship, it was nice to eat off of a paper plate! Also, please don't miss Jack's dog. He'll be the one digging for crabs. He's hilarious and adorable. Jack is really nice as well. I wouldn't recommend this place if you are traveling with kids or anyone offended by foul language. They had the music blaring and much of it was not your radio edited version :) I wasn't personally offended, but I imagine some might be.

1 Thank Jennifer R
Athens, AL
“1:30PM and no Jerked Chicken....”
Reviewed November 22, 2012

What a let down. I had envisioned this little hole in the wall place with great food and drinks. Not really that far of a walk from the cruise terminal. Kind of a rustic place....right ON the beach. Ordered a couple of drinks...they weren't CHEAP that's for sure! Think cruise ship prices. Thought I'd try the jerked chicken.....well...no. It wasn't ready yet....at 1:30PM....and were told it would be another hour and a half.

So we took our expensive drinks and moseyed down the beach to eat elsewhere....