“Gorgeous Beach, OK snorkeling, Trechearous Road”

Malcolm's Road Beach
Reviewed October 23, 2013

Malcolms Road Beach is absolutely beautiful. No boats, no people :) The water is calm. It is not a "snorkelers" beach but I did see a 7ft nurse shark and 3 baby turtles while snorkeling. There are also parrot fish, few coral areas, and a lot of little fish. It is definitely worth snorkeling even though there is no reef per se. I suspect there are also lobsters in the area as I saw a lot of dead shells in the water. If you are snorkeling, snorkel out 2-300 meters from the beach as the water is relatively shallow.

The sand is soft, the water is cool, and the view is picturesque. This place is also a great way to introduce small kids to snorkeling as there is a lot of life literally 1 meter away from the beach.

The road to the beach is rough but I made it with a rented Nissan Sunny (small subcompact car). You do not need to rent an SUV to reach the beach regardless of what others have said.

No facilities on site. If you need shade there is a cabana for public use. I suggest that you bring a lot of water before coming down here. It is not that far away and the beach does have CCTV to protect/spy on tourists.

Keep all your belongings with you at all times though. If you want to be surrounded by people, there is a resort 1km west of the public access point and accessible by walking along the beach.

3  Thank Thunderkat77

Reviewed August 30, 2013

Malcolm's Beach is by far one of the most beautiful beaches on Provo!
You will need a vehicle that can handle the rough stretch of road once you arrive at the "gate".
Be careful of the hungry mosquitos when you first get out of your vehicle...
There is a great parking area with a gazebo to indicate you have arrived! As the parking area is not easily viewable from the beach, don't leave any valuables in your vehicle.

The beach is beautiful and well worth the drive. I snorkeled for the first time and thought I was in an aquarium...breathtaking!

This beach is different with many large rocks, but adds to the beauty.

Pack a lunch as the only place to eat is Amanyara, which is very expensive. We noticed some activity at the resort, but were enjoying the beach so much didn't waste time looking for celebrities!

1  Thank labate
Reviewed June 20, 2013

We were a little nervous about coming out here with our children after reading the reviews about theft. So glad we decided to give it a try. After a 20 minute drive from our place on Grace Bay, we followed a moderately bumpy road for about 5 more minutes to the beach and discovered we had the entire gorgeous place to ourselves. We picked a spot on the left side of the beach, placed our very few valuables (phone, wallet) in a dry bag to take with us, and then hit the water for snorkeling right off the beach. We found many varieties of small fish just steps into the calm water. 100 feet out is a reef with bigger varieties of fish. We got some great sea biscuits at this beach. We stayed a few hours until the kids had eaten all of our snacks before we headed home for lunch. Tons of fun here!

2  Thank Klauswife
Reviewed June 5, 2013

What could be better than a full day snorkeling, swimming, and sunning on a beach with no one but you and your honey there to enjoy it? That describes this beach, deserted and beautiful. The drive out there might be what keep everyone away, but what is at the end of Malcolm's road is worth the drive! We found hundreds of fish and sand dollars squid, rays, the place was teeming with life and all there just for us! We loved it..

1  Thank dgress60
Reviewed May 5, 2013

We've read mixed reviews about Malcom beach, but we are so glad we went there. We've learned before that theft at Malcom do occur quite often, therefore we have been alerted to any potential threat. You'll need a car or scooter to get there; from downtown Provo, follow Millenium Highway west, then after around 15 minutes drive turn left to the gravel road leading to Amanyara Resort and Malcolm Beach. The azure sea is so inviting...I've ventured off shore searching for good views and I wasn't dissapointed. The sand is white as snow and soft. I'll let my photos to continue the story. Please have a look and enjoy.

2  Thank Robby_Cristian