“Didn't Want to Leave”

28 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 33 helpful votes
“Didn't Want to Leave”
Reviewed March 12, 2013

If you love seclusion you will love Malcolm Roads Beach. The water is of course crystal clear and deliciously cool ranging in color from turquoise to teal to sapphire. Awe inspiring! There are large flat rocks leading out to the water. Sit you chair right at the waters edge, and pack a cooler, because once you're there you won't want to leave! You don't need a 4 x 4 to get there, but the road is a little rutted. Stop by Da Conch Shack on your way back for rum punch and conch fritters.

Visited February 2013
2 Thank Kenzor

Montreal, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great trek to a very remote beach”
Reviewed January 30, 2013

I had read many reviews about how a Jeep or 4x4 was necessary, so when I decided to check it out I thought I would only be able to venture so far. I drove all through the rugged terrain until I came upon a gated area, which instructed me that the gate closes at sunset. The road was very narrow, steep and rugged, so I tried to venture on foot for about 25 yards. Then I realized this little Toyota I had rented had been through much worse, and off we went... to a very secluded, unique beach on Provo. Glad I did - don't be deterred by negative comments.

Visited January 2013
1 Thank Lorie82
Chicago, Illinois
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Theft at Malcolm Beach”
Reviewed May 8, 2012

After laying on the admittedly beautiful beach for 5 hours today we walked a few hundred yards away to have our bag stolen by someone who ran off into the bush. Luckily we left little of value in the bag after reading the previous warnings. Obviously we were being watched the entire time. Believe the warnings! Nothing is safe at Malcolm Beach.

Visited May 2012
5 Thank Dave T
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“A Must See”
Reviewed April 28, 2012

We have been all over the Caribbean, Bermuda, Bahamas, Belize, and Mexico and have NEVER seen water the colors of the water at Malcolm Road Beach! Getting there is not so easy, it took us several tries as the map we were given was wrong, but the drive was incredibly worth the effort. when you get to the fork in the road with the sign for Northwest Resort, take the dirt (more white limestone road than dirt) road opposite that. It is bumpy, washed out on places, but passable with most cars.

Visited April 2012
1 Thank PitBossJunior
Montreal, Canada
76 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 102 helpful votes
“Beautiful, isolated, deserted beach!”
Reviewed March 2, 2012

We went to Malcolm's Road Beach in a rental car (Camry). Although the road is quite bad, if you go VERY slowly, you will be perfectly fine. The drive once you get off the Millennium highway offers a number of stunning views (you see your target - the ocean - in the distance!), and the vegetation is incredibly wild and dense. Really something.

We arrived at Malcolm's Road Beach at around 4 p.m., as the sun was slowly begin its descent. The beach was deserted, and absolutely beautiful. It reminded me much more of the pacific, or of Cape Cod, than the Caribbean. We brought all of our valuables with us as we walked along the beach (we were not swimming), so we didn't have any issues with theft.

Well worth the drive to get there.

Visited February 2012