Ways to Experience Governor's Beach
from $28.72
More Info
from $21.80
More Info
All reviews sea glass cruise ship golf cart grand turk clear clean water jacks shack snorkeling gear wild horses cruise center fish an excursion shipwreck trees shore ports island rocks
Selected filters
Reviewed January 14, 2020

Beautiful beach and water. We spent the day here and it is beautiful. A must see if in Grand Turk!!!!

Date of experience: June 2019
Reviewed January 14, 2020

Absolutely beautiful calm beach. Powder soft white sand and clear turquoise water. Very few people on the beach and a short walk takes you to an area with literally no one there.

Date of experience: January 2020
Reviewed January 3, 2020 via mobile

We were interested in seeing the ship and not being crowded in with the other cruisers. We walked straight there from the ship and were the only tourists there for a couple hours. We rented a couple loungers under a shade canopy and had WiFi access for $25. I didn’t bother to negotiate. There was a friendly dog that hung out next to us for the day and we saw a donkey come by and snatch some food someone left unattended. My husband enjoyed chatting with a local kid that was there snorkeling.

More people came as the day went on. You can go to the right, away from the ship, and find shady spots. I just bought a pop for $2 but there were various snacks to choose from. I saw people with styrofoam takeout containers so there must have been food close by.

Regarding some of the negative reviews, I am sure there are better beaches and we will look into them next time but this was (for us) a easy walk from the ship. We didn’t see anyone else walking there. We did pick up some trash on the walk. The snorkeling wasn’t good but we were happy to just be in the water. There were a couple vendors but they were friendly and not aggressive or bothersome. There was some glass in one area. After talking to others on the ship who stayed at the cruise center we were even more glad we went there.

Date of experience: December 2019
2  Thank JWWA
Reviewed January 1, 2020 via mobile

Governor’s Beach is stunning! Beautiful white sand and varying shades of blue/turquoise water. This little cove of paradise is my favorite beach. Each day I wake up on my “Turk-cation” looking forward to seeing the beauty that waits me at the end of my lengthy walk. Currently, the beach is officially closed. However, utilizing your two feet to embark the short walk down from the Grand Turk Cruise Terminal, will land you in this picturesque place. Truly amazing!

Date of experience: January 2020
1  Thank littlemiss5274
Reviewed December 30, 2019 via mobile

My husband went diving in this area (Grand Turk diving). You can walk to this beach from the cruise port. If you turn left off the pier and walk a short distant past all the sunbeds you are there. If you find my husbands wedding ring (yes it fell off when he was diving) please let me know! Its inscribed so I can confirm it's his. Nice beach but only spent time snorkelling to find a ring!

Date of experience: December 2019