“Tasty lunch, poor service”
Review of Grill Rouge

Grill Rouge
Ranked #139 of 209 Restaurants in Turks and Caicos
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed April 8, 2014

Enjoyed a nice lunch at Grill Rouge; I'd like to give it 3.5 stars, but I wouldn't go so far as to say it was "very good" and a four star rating. It is located right on the beach in the Grace Bay resort. My husband and I both had the jerk chicken and it was tasty. We were pleasantly surprised by the generous portions because usually when a restaurant is more on the expensive side, you tend to get smaller portions. Yes, lunch was pricey, but where is it cheap in Provo?! A glass of white wine runs at $15 per glass and it was a LARGE glass; however, the wine was not cold and only lukewarm. The service was really poor at this restaurant; we had to flag someone down for everything...a glass of water, to order, to get the bill, to pay.....they could definitely make it a better experience at this restaurant if they improved the service. I could even see that other tables were frustrated by the lack of service. If you want a cheaper meal, the Seaside Café next door on the beach was much cheaper and had decent, typical lunchtime food. We would return to this restaurant as lunch was tasty.

Reviewed April 1, 2014

My beau and I stayed at the Seven Stars Resort down the beach, but decided to go to lunch at Grace Bay Club as they have a much better lunch menu. I was shocked at the poor service. We sat down, ordered our drinks and food and never saw the waitress again. The food was very good - but it took very long to get it. We ordered a salad and sandwiches. The salad never came. We were never offered more drinks, no one refilled our water and the sandwiches arrived but they were not as we ordered them. I had to get up and get my own condiments - luckily they were on a table near ours. I could not believe that was the level of service at this expensive and well-known resort. TERRIBLE. We returned much later than evening for drinks. The atmosphere is nice - with fire pits/couches to sit and enjoy the drinks. But again, very slow waitress service. Also I noticed many of the cushions on the couches were ripped...not would I would expect from this pricey hotel. The bartenders at the bar at night were excellent though - we went to sit at the bar after we realized the waitress would not come over to us for more drinks.

2  Thank NGLNYC
Reviewed February 16, 2014

We went for lunch today as it was across the road from our hotel. Service was poor, servers seemed indifferent. For example, we waited an inordinately long time with several waitresses walking by without acknowledging us. When they finally did, they took their time cleaning a table. Now, on to the food. Gazpacho was decent - both my wife and I had it - but it was $11 which was twice as much as it was worth. I had the grilled mani salad - decent, if uninspired. My wife had a shrimp salad - pretty good. Overall it was $96 for what was worth about $50. The other nice treat was that they slapped a 10% service charge on for their 'service'. Avoid.

Reviewed November 19, 2013

We went over one evening to check out Grace Bay Club for dinner next door to our resort, and Grill Rouge proved to be casual yet sophisticated and yummy, but I have to say our waiter made our evening with his personable and attentive service. I enjoyed every bite of my lobster, and my husband is working his way across Provo trying every mixed seafood dish and their Turks Seafood Pot had him smiling. We hope to get back before heading home. A memorable evening for us, ending at the stunning Infinity Bar nearby for a dessert cocktail and to soak up the amazing atmosphere of this resort. Highly recommend.

2  Thank Kathe I
Reviewed September 22, 2013

Beautiful casual atmosphere right on the beach. The whole grace bay club property is exceptional.
This restaurant is right next to Anacoana but you don't need reservation and the is more casual but the view is the same. Food was very good and the service fine.

1  Thank USA_191414