“These guys are great!”
Review of Caicos Adventures

Caicos Adventures
More attraction details
Owner description: Caicos Adventures is one of the oldest dive and boat tour operation in Providenciales with 3 decades of operation & exploration. We offer Scuba Diving Trips, Instruction, Snorkeling, Boat Tours & Luxury yacht Charters. A team of real professional and passionate people who love what we do. We own our own private Marina, and dockage, our main shop is located at the Regent Village on Grace bay road. Visit our website, and contact us for more information or request.
Reviewed April 4, 2014 via mobile

My husband booked a dive and I was able to tag along for a little snorkeling. A very friendly and helpful staff, beautiful facilities at the marina and their boat (Caicos Cat) was top-notch. My husband had two great dives. My snorkeling adventure was fun, but the conditions were a little rough for it. I still had a great day.

Reviewed March 31, 2014

We were on Provo recently and wanted to do a bit more snorkeling but in a different area so we decided to take Caicos Adventures Pure Snorkel half-day trip. What a great decision. They arrived actually a couple of minutes before the assigned time and we were taken to their facility. They had our snorkel trip and a dive trip going out that morning. My husband and I were impressed by how clean their facility was and it had some of the cleanest bathrooms I saw on the island. The boats are kept in great condition. Everyone was friendly and working to get the boats off. There were about 15 of us on this trip. All the guests were really nice too and we chatted along way the way. We were taken to three snorkel stops and also a place to hunt for sand dollars. Along the way we were offered sodas, water or rum punch. The three spots varied. One was a deep snorkel along the wall. We spotted some sharks, rays and turtles. The other two spots were shallower and offered some beautiful coral and fish life. Some folks saw lion fish but I missed them somehow. After our snorkel stops, we were taken to a place to hunt for sand dollars and found some. They also provided a cold lunch of chips and sandwiches, which I did not expect given it was a half-day trip. The crew of 2 were both fun and friendly. Although nothing is cheap on Provo, I found their prices very reasonable and I would highly recommend Caicos Adventure's Pure Snorkel trip for a great day out on and in the water.

Reviewed March 29, 2014

Booked our dive trip with them through our hotel who recommended them as the best dive shop to use in Turks. It was a little bit unorganized when we first arrived at the shop and our first impression of our guides was not great. However once we shipped off everything went smoothly and the guides were great guys. We had 2 unbelievable and very memorable dives. First was a wall dive and the 2nd was a wall / reef dive. The 2nd dive ended up being basically a shark dive and was so good that we actually did not go back 2 days later as planned because we thought another dive would ever live up to the first day we did. We had some very experienced divers on our trip who said it was one of the best dives they've ever done.

Good food & snacks served between dives - really nice wrap sandwich which is more than I've had on most dives in other places.

Return boat journey was beautiful. The water was crystal clear and completely flat. We could see everything on the bottom and fish swimming under us. Spectacular day out

Reviewed March 28, 2014

We chartered a private vessel for our group of 11 to go touring, snorkeling etc. The boat and equipment were pristine! We had ages 8-80 on board and the captain and his colleague Rico were such gracious and knowledgeable hosts. Both were able to engage and interact with all members of our diverse group. Rico's gentle spirit and patience ensured the children loved him and trusted him to lead them through the ocean, dive for sand dollars and cliff jump. My husband is a safety freak and he never felt concerned while on our outing. They assisted my Mom and Dad throughout the trip and ensured the sites we visited pleased everyone. Just a magical trip. We will be back as our children slowly migrate to diving. Thanks for the incredible memories. Strongly recommend!

Reviewed March 25, 2014

I had to book eLearning certification dives for my girlfriend. I phoned them from home. The person I spoke to, over the phone, obviously did not know what needed to be organized. I was somewhat perplexed but, all other diving shops in Providenciales were sold out, so we went along.
It starts to go bad when we show up at Coral Garden, as instructed, for the confined pool training. The instructor is not expecting us, and says he won't be able to give us the training we paid for. To add insult to injury, he tries to blame this failure on us being 20 minutes late to show up. After lots of arguing, he phones to the boutique: yes, we are booked, yes we have paid, "So why did you not advise me?" , do I ear him saying over the phone. My gf eventually gets some confined training. On the beach, rather than on the pool. It lasted 2 hours, which, judging by past experiences by others friends is shorter than standards. What definitely is substandard was the shabby shape of the equipment which shows THAT DON'T CARE ABOUT SAFETY:
-A leaking buoyancy compensator
-A NON FUNCTIONING SECONDARY REGULATOR. "Don't worry", were we told:" tomorrow, on the boat, for the ocean dives, the equipment will be in good working order. Today , it is only confined pool (not really, no...) training." Anyway, how is my gf supposed to learn the use of the secondary EMERGENCY regulator??

We showed up next day, somewhat apprehensive. My gf had her 4 open water certification dives, over the usual 2 days course, while I dove with the other certified divers. I kept an eye on her progress. It seems to have gone smoothly enough. I cannot judge the quality of the training she received, not having been close enough, and not being an instructor anyway. But what I saw from her confined work leaves me less than impressed. I was not impressed by the pre dive briefing we got, nor by the absence of a row call at the end of the dive.

OPINION: The 2 days of open water dive was mediocre at best. The confined training, the business ethics and customer service was unsatisfactory.

Should you dive with them? Look at the other comments: some people seems to have been satisfied. Organizing a snorkelling excursion is less demanding than providing SCUBA training . So you will have to judge by yourself, depending on your needs and your expectations.

There are other shops , in Providenciales. Big Blue Unlimited provide SCUBA diving training and excursions. They were booked out during our stay.We made kayaking excursions with them. They seem to have a very decent business ethics and eco philosophy. Other companies are available: look them up on the Web. On TripAdvisor, Art Pickering's Provo Turtle Divers has mixted reviews. I know nothing of them, other than what you can read as well as me on Trip Advisor.

In my mind, you will NEVER GO WRONG with Dive Provo. They are superbly professional and impeccably organized. They will look after you.

Not all is bad with Caicos adventures. Samantha gave her instruction to my gf. She was very pleasant and obviously spared no efforts to give my gf the required training. Also, Eric, the guide I dove with, on the second day, was doing a fine job, contrary to Isa, who did not even seem to be aware of how many people he was diving with, on the first day.

3  Thank d l