“Home away from home!!”
other travelers have booked this property

Review of The Fort Cottage

Fully equipped kitchen
Hammocks
Breakfast nook
Cozy reading nook
View of Scarborough from the back porch.
Sunset view from historic Fort King George - just a short stroll away...
Holiday lights
View of side deck
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Any
ArvisA11
“Home away from home!!”
Reviewed March 10, 2017 for a stay in March 2017
people found this review helpful

I had a memorable (2) night stay at the Cottage it was more than I expected it to be, my sister and I felt so comfortable and at home during our stay. The cottage is the perfect place to stay for anyone who enjoys tranquility and a beautiful scenery. Glenn G and Christoper (his caretaker) did everything in their power to make our stay at the cottage a memorable one. I am looking forward to staying at the cottage again hopefully in the very near future. Arvis Ash

Your age range 65+
Reviewed January 4, 2017 for a stay in December 2016

Jan 12, 2017
Thank you Guys. It was a pleasure hosting you. Please come again.
Glenn
Rachelle...
“A rustic getaway”
Reviewed November 14, 2016 for a stay in October 2016

The Fort cottage was so beautiful. The perfect mixture of a rustic historic house and a modern decor. As the description says, the house has been there for many years and yes the floors do creak but we loved the homey feel. The bedrooms are great size and can sleep 6 or 7 comfortably.
The view is spectacular! Sunrises and sunsets that will just make your day. We quite enjoyed feeding the resident chickens off of the balcony. They don't bother you they just like food lol

On the inside of the house, the kitchen is not modernized but clean and comfortable. The living room has great seating and a flat screen TV with DVD player or Hdmi connector that you can play movies from your laptop etc. WiFi 24/7.
It's literally 5 minutes away from the port if you are taking you car like I did. I recommend it. Tobago is so much more enjoyable when you can do everything on your own pace.

The fort cottage was really a fantastic stay. A home away from home and the owner is very accommodating.

Nov 16, 2016
Thank you so much for your generous review. Please come back soon.
R H
Charlotte, North Carolina
“The Cottage made us feel welcome and at home...”
Reviewed August 18, 2016 for a stay in August 2016
person found this review helpful

We thoroughly enjoyed the cottage, fruit trees, and chickens minus the mosquitoes. The fruit trees were the highlight for me since I hadn't been home in 13+ years. I was in Julie mango, chennette, zabuka aka avocado, sapodilla, and soursop heaven. If you're local or familiar with fruits of the Caribbean you'll understand what I mean.

The view from the deck was fantastic, and the distance to Fort George was less than 10 minutes for an even more fantastic view overlooking Scarborough, Tobago and surrounding areas.

Given the opportunity to stay here again we certainly would.

Traveling group: Spouse/Partner
Aug 19, 2016
We are really glad we could help make your homecoming even better. You came at the perfect season for fruits too. Come back anytime.
Cathy J
“Quaint cottage, charming touches throughout.”
Reviewed June 8, 2016 for a stay in May 2016
person found this review helpful

This is a beautiful cottage with all the necessary amenities in place. It doesn’t take long to truly become attached to the house, fruit trees and even the chickens. It’s a short stroll to Fort George for the panoramic views and a quick drive gets you to a choice of many beaches and restaurants nearby. Our group had enough seating and comfortable lounging areas, including hammocks, throughout the Cottage – we never felt crowded. We cooked, hung out and rested. It was great to relax. I didn’t want to leave and will definitely come again.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Gathering on the back porch, the option to pick fruits
Liked least: Nothing
Traveling group: Friends
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Jun 9, 2016
Thank you for your review. We are really happy you enjoyed the place as much as we do. Please come again.
Lisa M
“Cosy, Comfortable and Rustic”
Reviewed June 7, 2016 for a stay in May 2016
person found this review helpful

I loved the house. It reminded me of my days growing up and it brought back a lot of memories. The fruit trees and pet chickens in the yard. It's a little oasis located in the heart of the Captial. Cant ask for a better combination of the "ole time days" with all the modern amenities. I would visit again without a doubt.

Overall condition of the property Bedding & mattresses
Kitchen & utensils Bathroom cleanliness
Other facilities & amenities Service
Liked best: Everything
Liked least: There was not anything that I did not like.
Traveling group: Friends
Recommended for:
Friends getaway
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Go137201
“Nice Historic House ”
Reviewed March 11, 2016 for a stay in March 2016
person found this review helpful

My friends and I stayed at this guest house for 6 days. I must say we had a great time and felt very comfortable. The kitchen we used a lot to cook, all utensils included, with a big refrigerator and stove. There was also a new washer and dryer which came in very useful for us. The view is overlooking Scarborough and the Fort King George is 1 minute walk away. We had a great time there, we took some pictures and gain some knowledge about the island. We will definitely return to this place for our Tobago vacation. I would like to thank Chris and Glenn for keeping available anytime we needed them. God bless.

Mar 12, 2016
Thank you so much for the review and for the tips you gave us in person.

We look forward to your return.
Glenn
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing