“Good value, good location” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Old Grange Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Scarborough
Old Grange Inn
Ranked #8 of 13 Scarborough B&B and Inns
Wellington
“Good value, good location”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2005

My husband and I stayed here just before New Year 2005. Unlike the other two reviews I read we had no problems and the Inn while aging, was clean and the room we had was large with a false wall between the living area and bedroom. The bathroom could do with relining but was adequate, especially for the reasonable price charged. The room had a fridge with ice box and very small t.v. On-site there is also a (Chinese)restaurant which after driving most of the area between Crown Point and Scarborough was one of the best choices, inexpensive and tasty.
For payment it seemed easiest to bring US dollars to pay. The Inn also has a large swimming pool and is in a quiet location not far from Mt. Irvine beach.

• Stayed December 2004
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
15 Thank MacKiwi

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2003

Management is in this business only for himself and not for the benefit of travellers. Decided to stay at Old Grange with a family of three. Promised exceptional service only to find out it was a dungeon. Given a room practically under the earth near the kitchen. Television never worked and had to go outside and look at television in a little porch area. Air conditioners never worked. Pools never cleaned. Old Grange is the worst place to stay in Tobago. Workers try to be pleasant even though I have witnessed them being abused on a daily basis by the owner. Stay away from this place if you are looking forward to enjoying a relaxing, enjoyable vacation.

9 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Travelers are raving about these Scarborough hotels

A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2003

Have stayed there a couple of times. Have ALWAYS had a problem with the phones in my room not working. After hours there is nobody in the office to contact if having a problem.(Standard I hear for GUEST HOUSES in Tobago). A notice in the room gives a room number and phone number of someone to call. That did not work out at all as my room phones never worked properly. People came to visit me at the hotel They reported they saw nobody there to ask if I had checked into the hotel or my room number. I was upstairs in my room (complete with leaking toilet and wet floor) not knowing that I had visitors downstairs. They left without seeing me. I gather that GUEST HOUSES close their offices after a certain time of night. My flight brought me into Tobago after this time. How was I to know !I arrived hungry as hell, went to bed hungry as no food places are nearby The cafeteria was permanently closed down the last time I was there in April 2003 and there was ABLSOLUTELY NOWHERE near the place to get breakfast.This is definitely NOT a place to go now ! Like I said I used to be very happy staying at Old Grange Inn but my last visit there so turned me off, that I am now looking for somewhere else to stay. I started dealing with them after a real bad experience with the hotel immedeately next door. Again a leaking toilet, window and balcony door that could not be locked and cafeteria staff who were angry at having to prepare dinner for me after my flight arrived late in the night. I WILL SAY THOUGH THAT THEIR STAFF MEMBERS ARE VERY POLITE.I am now going to try a different hotel.

6 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
, manager at Old Grange Inn, responded to this review, February 17, 2006
I find it very harsh that this person finds it necessary to close down this establishment ,especially that the reason was that the phones ,rather phone in the room , was not working properly ,I rather say maybe they have a problem with following simple instructions as a telephone is an essential tool in the hotel business and must be operational . If the toilet leaked ,as it is a possibility anywhere ,it does not take much to have it reported to the front desk and surely it will be attended to . I do not thik that it is fair to hang the blame on our establishment ,when her friends do not visit or want to visit ,as our reception is manned from 7.30 morning to 9.30 at night ,then the night manager is on duty .What revalant reason does this adviser have to suggest that old grange inn be closed down ,apart from a clear personal anger that suggest that requires professional attention .Please this review is unwarranted and certainly misleading and damaging to our establishment .I implore you to disregard it and focus on someone elses sane and true opinion .

Also consider these accommodations in or near Scarborough
Blue Haven Hotel
#2 of 2 in Black Rock
Candles in the Wind
Candles in the Wind
#2 of 20 in Crown Point

Been to Old Grange Inn? Share your experiences!