“Peaceful & affordable”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Scarborough
Hummingbird Heights
Ranked #5 of 13 Scarborough B&B and Inns
Reviewed January 26, 2014

My husband and i stayed for 4 nights at this lovely establishment in January 2014. Ms.Voke a very lovely lady accommodated our early arrival. The rooms were very clean and so was the pool. The area was very quiet and the location was great as we had a vehicle. The hotel is close to Scarborough and there are two mini groceries 5 mins away. If you're looking for a cheap, clean and quiet place with a pool, this is definitely it!

Room Tip: If you can stay on the ground floor, the hotel is very high.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Allison C
There are newer reviews for Hummingbird Heights

Reviewed January 15, 2014

The new owners Leslie and Voke are great people.They are very helping andopen minded to any comments regarding your stay.

We stayed seven days in this apartment. It has two good size bedrooms, one bathroom, kitchen with enough pots and pans, large sitting area and a dining table. You can view Caribbean sea from the balcony and also enjoy the pool. Although washing facility is not on the premises, you can get your clothes washed same day. Leslie also provides pickup service from airport. Two grocery stores are very close too.

Only concern is the stairs to go to third floor and parking your car can be very tricky.

Thanks Voke and Leslie for giving us such a good service.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Desh M
Reviewed August 3, 2011

We stayed here once the first time we went to Tobago and it was really wonderful. the price is really good and Shirley, who managed the place back then was a gem. Management has changed since then so I dont know how it is now. I know the last time we were in Tobago they were doing some renovations and we could not stay there. I'm sure it is even better now but will miss Shirley alot.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank TArjoon
Reviewed December 11, 2009

my partner and I stayed here for four days. The apartment is very spacious and clean.Shirley is a very friendly and informative host and "sings" very well.. I would definitely recommend this guest house for value in tobago.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank galleonsview
Reviewed May 14, 2009

I stayed with Shirley for 4 weeks during my medical student elective. The apartment was in a very convenient location for me, and I could easily travel to pigeon point to spend time at the more popular beaches. There is a nice little shop, fruit & veg stall and taxi rank approx 3 minutes walk from the apartment. The apartment itself is very clean and spacious, and the swimming pool is well tended to. Shirley is extremely friendly and keen to make sure your trip goes well. It is very helpful having local knowledge at hand and Shirley treats you more like a guest than a paying customer. My stay was enjoyable and definitely good value, and I would return in an instant. Keep up the good work Shirley!

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank curlycat86
Reviewed February 17, 2009

My wife and I spent 11 days at Hummingbird Heights and loved every minute of it. We stayed in the 2-bedroom apartment, which included a full kitchen, 2 spacious bedrooms, a large sitting area, and a wonderful balcony with a great view of the Caribbean Sea. We had a nice large pool as well. We paid a heck of a lot less than we would have paid if we'd gone to a hotel, and we had much more space than even the largest hotel suite. When we return to Tobago, we will certainly stay at Hummingbird Heights again.

The property itself is set on a lushly-forested hillside above Scarborough. It's a 5-minute drive away from the downtown area. The airport at Crown Point, plus all the dive shops in the Store Bay area, is approximately a 20-minute drive. We rented a Jeep through Shirley, and this was a great way for us to get around the island.

Shirley, our host, met us at the airport, arranged our rental car, and served us tasty rum punches and a chicken pasta lunch when we arrived. She was always on hand to answer any questions and make our stay very comfortable. Her dog, Violet, was a very welcome presence. Hollis, her chicken, provided tasty eggs that we cooked for breakfast.

If you are looking for quiet, spacious, beautifully-located accomodations at a fraction of the price you'd pay at a large hotel, then Hummingbird Heights is for you. I can't recommend it strongly enough.

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank pilotguy1
Also consider these accommodations in or near Scarborough
Blue Haven Hotel
#1 of 2 in Bacolet Bay
Grafton Beach Resort
Grafton Beach Resort
#2 of 2 in Black Rock

Been to Hummingbird Heights? Share your experiences!