“Best Food on the Island of Tobago!”

Salsa Kitchen Tapas Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 16 Restaurants in Scarborough
Cuisines: Caribbean, Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed January 23, 2014

I had spoken with Paula several months before our trip to discuss having the rehearsal dinner there, when I got there it didn't work out because of a miscommunication, but Paula recommended another restaurant that worked out well and then we came back two nights later to eat in the tree house! Magnificent! The best really, and we ate at several highly rated restaurants, the conviviality, the attention and the atmosphere are unique and wonderful. The food was just so superb!!! Can't wait to come back. Elsa

Reviewed January 5, 2014

I have just returned from a trip to Tobago and made an amazing discovery. I visited the Salsa Kitchen Tapas Restaurant with my in-laws and had a very memorable evening. We were greeted by Ian who owns the restaurant with his wife Paula. he showed us to our seat and took his time to review the menu with us. We ordered several dishes including lobster magic, lime fish, lamb chops with a really good tomato & tamarind garnish, and a pizza to die for it had local feta cheese,blue cheese, fresh Parmesan, and mozzarella, I would recommend you do not leave the restaurant without trying it. Also try the Salad Napoletana which was sliced Tomatoes with pesto and anchovy
Then to finish it off Ian offered me a Hendricks gin on ice with cucumber.I would recommend you make reservations as it is a very popular eating spot.
Great food !Great service! if you go to Tobago make sure you put it on your list for a great dining experience

Reviewed December 30, 2013

Very friendly atmosphere, delicious food, and good value for money. We enjoyed our evening at Salsa Kitchen - one of the best dinners we had in Tobago.

Reviewed December 25, 2013

Delicious food, friendly and entertaining owners. Couldn't be any better! All the tapas we ordered were unique, fresh and very good.

Reviewed December 22, 2013

I was visiting the island with a friend and the Salsa Kitchen had come highly recommended from where we were staying - and it certainly didn't disappoint. First of all, the setting is magical, hidden behind a mini flurry of trees and lit with what must be thousands of fairy lights. It really is a wonderful setting, with a personal touch given by the very friendly duo Iain and Paula.

There is a great selection of food from pesto calamari to Caribbean lamb, each menu item sounded more tempting than the last. It was hard to narrow it down, but between two of us, we managed to choose three dishes and a garlic bread - which was just the perfect amount. Each dish was expertly prepared by Paula and tasted great. It was a really memorable evening and I would certainly not hesitate to recommend this as a must when visiting Tobago.