“What a fantastic Anniversary experience!!!”
Review of Table for Two

Table for Two
Ranked #27 of 167 Restaurants in Tobago
Cuisines: Contemporary, Healthy
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Canopy of stars, symphony of Nature ... and just one single table for two people---you and someone special (romantic, platonic or familial). More than simply "dining", Table for Two is a multi-dimensional creative and culinary experience for just you and your companion. Savour a world of surprises at your dinner table-inclusive of unique vegetarian cuisine and customized activities inspired by the essence of your relationship. Open for dinner only, by advance booking only. Please book at least 5 days in advance by completing the questions on the booking form on the website. Looking forward to creating a memorable experience for you and yours.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I'm so happy you decided to accommodate us and restart table for two Elspeth. I could not imagine a better way to celebrate our 10th Wedding Anniversary. Forget simply, value for money (I feel like I'm owing you still), but your passion, intuition, no holding back,catering to ALL our senses and then some....WOW! This is a night we will always remember. 10 out of 10 according to my wife and I certainly concur. Thank you so much for showing us the love that you did. We will recommend this experience to all our friends and family. Stay as great as you are Elpeth. Love from Larrisa, Chris ....and Emma.

Date of visit: July 2019
1  Thank ChrisMath23
Elspeth B D, Owner at Table for Two, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

So glad you both enjoyed your anniversary at TFT so much. I am grateful also to the three of you (even though one was not present physically ;) for an unforgettable evening and the inspiration to take the quantum leap. Best wishes always.

Write a reviewReviews (49)

Reviewed July 14, 2019 via mobile

It was a great experience, made me fall in love all over again. I wasn't so crazy about the vegan food but that's just my taste.other than that it was perfect.

Date of visit: August 2018
1  Thank Esther L
Elspeth B D, Owner at Table for Two, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2019

Thank you. Glad to know that you enjoyed the experience.

Reviewed February 17, 2018 via mobile

As I have already told Elspeth, this was such a lovely evening and a once-in-a-lifetime-experience. And it is difficult to find the words to decribe an evening so brilliant and full of atmosphere.
The table was set at a desk in a wonderful garden and the dinner we had was very delicate.
What made this evening so speciel was that Elspeth did so much to make us feel comfortable. And we did.
We could not have found a better place to celebrate our 25th Anniversay.
Thank you so much for that wonderful evening on 13th February.

Date of visit: February 2018
1  Thank poelsewoman
Elspeth B D, Owner at Table for Two, responded to this reviewResponded February 18, 2018

You're very welcome. It was really a pleasure to meet you and share in your special night.

Reviewed January 7, 2018 via mobile

My bf booked us a Table for Two. However, it was nothing as advertised. The location was underwhelming and not what was requested. Nothing that was described to him was delivered. We ended up leaving disappointed before the evening truly began because our table was set up in the middle of nowhere at an old house with very little decor or ambience and not the villa that was promised. The villa was cancelled because it may have rained and he was assured that the new location would meet our expectations. It was really not the special evening that he had planned. If a Table for Two is booked for this price then we expected a whole lot more, including another drink selection instead of a bottle of red wine only. Find out the details carefully before choosing to book this.

Date of visit: January 2018
4  Thank Zadh87
Elspeth B D, Owner at Table for Two, responded to this reviewResponded January 13, 2018

Dear Zadh87,

Thank you for your review.

A lot of time, care and personal attention goes into the creating and offering of each TFT experience. I care about what is given and who receives it. Over the past five years, this has translated into consistently happy guests, as other reviews to date testify.

I am sorry that you were underwhelmed by the venue for your surprise booking. While it is also unfortunate that you were not interested in staying to experience anything of TFT (the 6-course meal, nor the activities and surprises created for you and your boyfriend), I hope that the non-vegetarian restaurant I recommended was enjoyable and met your expectations.

At the risk of a longer-than-usual response, I will address concerns by clarifying some of your review points:

1. The "old house in the middle of nowhere" is called an 'eco villa', located in a nature sanctuary about 20 minutes drive from where you were staying. One of three venues currently used by TFT, it was the one available for the night your boyfriend booked. In retrospect, perhaps the word villa (in 'eco villa') brought a grander image to mind, leading to disappointment when an intimate, more rustic venue was encountered instead.

2. Re 'canceled villa': Due to abnormally heavy rain throughout the day, up to just before your arrival (and with the chance of more rain that night), the Table was repositioned from the wooden outdoor deck to indoors. Your boyfriend was informed of this. I can only assume that a huge misunderstanding in communication led to the impression that a villa had been promised then canceled because "it may have rained".

3. Re 'nothing as advertised': If inclined, you're welcome to send me an email highlighting what gave you that impression. The TFT website gives sufficiently accurate details of the service without ruining intrigue or making promises. However, there is always room for improvement. I will review the site to see if anything can be made clearer.

4. Re 'very little decor': This is true. TFT consciously chooses a minimalist approach to create a subtly pleasing ambience. The intention is to give couples rest from the external distractions of worldly clutter, bringing focus to the true beauty—their love for each other and quality time spent at the Table.

5. Re insufficient 'drink selections': guests currently enjoy a bottle of TFT's signature non-alcoholic beverage, a bottle of wine (colour preference can be stated beforehand and some guests also like to bring a bottle). An additional non-alcoholic beverage is provided for those who don't drink wine. Thus far these options, along with water, have more than sufficed.

6. Re 'nothing that was described to him was delivered': You are welcome to email me and let me know what was described and not delivered in the brief time you were there.

7. Re 'expected a whole lot more' for price: Thus far those who have experienced and enjoyed TFT are happy to pay the set price and, sometimes, more. When booking, clients are given the cost (inclusive of a non-refundable deposit required to secure the booking and cover basic start up for the evening). They are free to proceed or not.

I agree with you that people should "find out the details carefully before they book this"—as the unconventional, multidimensional nature of the TFT experience may not be what everyone is ready or looking for.

Best wishes,

Elspeth

Reviewed December 21, 2017

I am not a vegetarian but the food was divine. I am actually speechless and words cannot express the wonderful emotion I felt during our evening. Elspeth was just the consummate host. I took a journey of insight & romance and more which culminated in my unwavering belief and feeling that my wife and I had paths that were destined to cross. I am a man of few words, so rather than describe the whole experience, go and see for yourself

Date of visit: December 2017
1  Thank Kenny P
Elspeth B D, Owner at Table for Two, responded to this reviewResponded January 8, 2018

Thank you. Glad you enjoyed the experience. I also enjoyed meeting and being in the company of both of you. Best wishes.