“We came for the food but left filled with an experience!!!”
Review of Table for Two

Table for Two
Ranked #29 of 161 Restaurants in Tobago
Cuisines: Contemporary, Healthy
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Canopy of stars, symphony of Nature ... And just one single table for two people---you and someone special (romantic, platonic or familial). More than simply "dining", Table for Two is a multi-dimensional creative and culinary experience for just you and your companion. Savour a world of surprises at your dinner table-inclusive of unique vegetarian cuisine and customized activities inspired by the essence of your relationship. Open for dinner only. Please book at least 5 days in advance and complete the questions on the booking form available on the website. Looking forward to creating a memorable experience for you and yours.
Reviewed December 8, 2014

I am a 'local'... in a sense, I am a Jamaican living in Tobago with my Tobagonian wife for a little over a year. I had tried a few restaurants but it was coming up to our 1st anniversary and I wanted to do something extra special. I decided to choose from the top places in Trip Advisor. Very close to the top was this unique gem, the concept of a restaurant just for 2 people immediately piqued my interest and it was all I expected and more.
Upon arrival I was expecting to pull into a business place but I soon realised that it was nestled in the home of Elspeth, our amazing hostess for the evening. The setting was a private little balcony facing the ocean, with the night sky and stars as the ceiling. The setting was intimate and peaceful. Placed beside us was the custom themed menu board, based on my previous conversations with her. It outlined the many courses of meals and activities planned for the night. This is where the surprises came in, the evening was planned with activities that allowed my wife and I to bond and deeply discuss the far reaching effects of our love.
Each course of the meal had its theme and related activities. Elspeth was only around when she was serving food and would only come when we summoned her with a cool little 'bell soundy thingy' (please forgive me for forgetting its name). At the end she further surprised us by making a video of us verbally expressing our love to each other, while using symbolisms of items in the setting... it was beautiful.
Another reason I chose TFT was because my wife and I are vegetarians. I have experienced exotic vegetarian food at restaurants in Jamaica including raw food dishes but haven't found anything like that in Tobago. This however was the closest I had gotten since leaving home. Elsphet prepared a nice eclectic selection of vegetarian/vegan dishes and unique flavours that you wouldn't find anywhere else in Tobago.
I would HIGHLY recommend this for someone looking to have more than just food but an unforgettable experience.

Date of visit: September 2014
6  Thank frazras
Elspeth B D, Owner at Table for Two, responded to this reviewResponded December 12, 2014

You are most welcome! Always a pleasure to create and share memorable experiences. All the best to you both.
Elspeth

Reviewed November 29, 2014

I surprised my fiancé for his birthday with dinner at TFT. I must say, Chef E is simply the perfect hostess. I didn't know what to expect but it surpassed all I could of thought of. She went out of her way to ensure we were comfortable. The atmosphere was perfect, intimate and romantic. The sounds from the ocean, the calming background music all contributed to us having such a wonderful night. The food was delicious, healthy and presentation was spot on.

From Dominic and I, we thank you Chef E.

Date of visit: November 2014
Elspeth B D, Owner at Table for Two, responded to this reviewResponded November 30, 2014

Thank you! The night was my pleasure too.

"Chef E"

Reviewed November 8, 2014

Words do not not adequately describe just how magical and soulful this one of a kind dinning experience truly is. A combination of raw and cooked food -- all vegetarian, combined with the unusual paring of foods that take your taste buds on their very own journey. Who could imagine how beautiful - a full moon night, a shooting star, pending rain far off on the horizon, the indigo blue of the quaint porch, crashing waves below, and of course Venus, the most beautiful dog ever keeping us joyful company! Elspeth is extraordinary in her care and so thoughtful in the rituals she creates. This is not an experience or a meal that one can value in monetary terms... Go with an open heart, mind and soul, and leave the rest to her!

Date of visit: October 2014
Elspeth B D, Owner at Table for Two, responded to this reviewResponded November 12, 2014

Thank you, too, for a lovely night.

Reviewed October 16, 2014

Table for Two has been on my bucket list since I first heard of it from the Hostess, Elspeth. My birthday is Oct 12 and my husband's is Oct 14. I knew I had to do this experience for my birthday. I was hyped since the booking :) Upon arrival we were warmly welcomed by Elspeth and Venus (Her adopted adorable dog). Seated on the veranda, lit with candles and stringed lights we could hear the sound of the sea. Very gorgeous setting. Dinner started with a spiced tea and we had a 6 course meal that we got to name ourselves. Each dish was specially prepared in its own uniqueness. During each course, activities were presented to us and during this time, my husband and I began a rekindling process. For us, we say I love you every day but without an explained reminder. One of the activities had us describing intimate details between us and that made me feel an extra special way toward him. You can say Elspeth just created an avenue for us to re-instill what love meant for each other. Almost at the end, there was a surprise to do a video which brought out our creativity. At the end we had raw banana ice cream garnished with lime, that was truly an experience for my taste buds and I honestly couldn't have had a happier birthday! I thank you so much Elspeth for allowing me an opportunity to dine in such exquisite style. I hope the person reading this would take an adventure with Table for Two because if you are looking for a difference in dining, you will find it right here!
Thank you and All the best to YOU, Elspeth & Venus. <3 <3 Love & Light <3 <3

Date of visit: October 2014
3  Thank Amanda G
Elspeth B D, Owner at Table for Two, responded to this reviewResponded October 17, 2014

You're welcome! It was great having you here and seeing how everything came together for your birthday. All the best to both of you. (Elspeth & Venus)

Reviewed August 4, 2014

Where to begin? Many people told me about this intense and unique dinner for two that must be experienced with someone you care about, as they started to explain the concept i stopped them in mid flow as I knew deep down that this will be a journey and i didn't need to know what the road i was going to walk along looked like. Elspeth's obvious spiritual connection with her self, her unique creative flow and love blew me away with how she pieced and held together an emotional, deep and personal journey with all that sat around this perfectly situated table under the stars. Candles, Incense, fire flies and emotions where all burning through out the night whilst being guided by bespoke moments of reflection and love.

Come with a big heart and you will leave with a memory that will last a life time.

Thomas & Chantelle

x

Date of visit: July 2014
Review collected in partnership with this restaurant
2  Thank ThomasHutchinson2014
Elspeth B D, Owner at Table for Two, responded to this reviewResponded August 5, 2014

Thank you! It was indeed a magical night and I was glad to be a part of it.