“More than a meal, a soulful and magical experience to last a lifetime”
Review of Table for Two

Table for Two
Ranked #29 of 157 Restaurants in Tobago
Cuisines: Contemporary, Healthy
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Canopy of stars, symphony of Nature ... And just one single table for two people---you and someone special (romantic, platonic or familial). More than simply "dining", Table for Two is a multi-dimensional creative and culinary experience for just you and your companion. Savour a world of surprises at your dinner table-inclusive of unique vegetarian cuisine and customized activities inspired by the essence of your relationship. Open for dinner only. Please book at least 5 days in advance and complete the questions on the booking form available on the website. Looking forward to creating a memorable experience for you and yours.
Reviewed November 8, 2014

Words do not not adequately describe just how magical and soulful this one of a kind dinning experience truly is. A combination of raw and cooked food -- all vegetarian, combined with the unusual paring of foods that take your taste buds on their very own journey. Who could imagine how beautiful - a full moon night, a shooting star, pending rain far off on the horizon, the indigo blue of the quaint porch, crashing waves below, and of course Venus, the most beautiful dog ever keeping us joyful company! Elspeth is extraordinary in her care and so thoughtful in the rituals she creates. This is not an experience or a meal that one can value in monetary terms... Go with an open heart, mind and soul, and leave the rest to her!

Date of visit: October 2014
Elspeth B D, Owner at Table for Two, responded to this reviewResponded November 12, 2014

Thank you, too, for a lovely night.

Reviewed October 16, 2014

Table for Two has been on my bucket list since I first heard of it from the Hostess, Elspeth. My birthday is Oct 12 and my husband's is Oct 14. I knew I had to do this experience for my birthday. I was hyped since the booking :) Upon arrival we were warmly welcomed by Elspeth and Venus (Her adopted adorable dog). Seated on the veranda, lit with candles and stringed lights we could hear the sound of the sea. Very gorgeous setting. Dinner started with a spiced tea and we had a 6 course meal that we got to name ourselves. Each dish was specially prepared in its own uniqueness. During each course, activities were presented to us and during this time, my husband and I began a rekindling process. For us, we say I love you every day but without an explained reminder. One of the activities had us describing intimate details between us and that made me feel an extra special way toward him. You can say Elspeth just created an avenue for us to re-instill what love meant for each other. Almost at the end, there was a surprise to do a video which brought out our creativity. At the end we had raw banana ice cream garnished with lime, that was truly an experience for my taste buds and I honestly couldn't have had a happier birthday! I thank you so much Elspeth for allowing me an opportunity to dine in such exquisite style. I hope the person reading this would take an adventure with Table for Two because if you are looking for a difference in dining, you will find it right here!
Thank you and All the best to YOU, Elspeth & Venus. <3 <3 Love & Light <3 <3

Date of visit: October 2014
3  Thank Amanda G
Elspeth B D, Owner at Table for Two, responded to this reviewResponded October 17, 2014

You're welcome! It was great having you here and seeing how everything came together for your birthday. All the best to both of you. (Elspeth & Venus)

Reviewed August 4, 2014

Where to begin? Many people told me about this intense and unique dinner for two that must be experienced with someone you care about, as they started to explain the concept i stopped them in mid flow as I knew deep down that this will be a journey and i didn't need to know what the road i was going to walk along looked like. Elspeth's obvious spiritual connection with her self, her unique creative flow and love blew me away with how she pieced and held together an emotional, deep and personal journey with all that sat around this perfectly situated table under the stars. Candles, Incense, fire flies and emotions where all burning through out the night whilst being guided by bespoke moments of reflection and love.

Come with a big heart and you will leave with a memory that will last a life time.

Thomas & Chantelle

x

Date of visit: July 2014
Review collected in partnership with this restaurant
2  Thank ThomasHutchinson2014
Elspeth B D, Owner at Table for Two, responded to this reviewResponded August 5, 2014

Thank you! It was indeed a magical night and I was glad to be a part of it.

Reviewed June 12, 2014

Table for Two is truly a once in a lifetime experience. Elspeth has an amazing and special energy, and her creativity, sincerity, diligence, and love, are a testament to her kind soul. The food was healthy, unique, and delicious. The amount of thought and attention to detail is unlike anywhere else you've ever dined. The entire meal is catered to fufill a special wish for you and your loved one, and is full of surprises. If you are ever on the island, it is a MUST DO. The experience will not disappoint and creates a memory of a lifetime!

Date of visit: May 2014
Elspeth B D, Owner at Table for Two, responded to this reviewResponded June 14, 2014

Thank you, A & R! I really enjoyed the night you two came. It was an inspiration for me as well. Wishing you continued flower blessings. Elspeth

Reviewed June 7, 2014 via mobile

When I booked "Table for Two" as a surprise for my partner during a visit to Tobago, what I had not expected was that is was actually also a surprise of my own...I was unprepared for the depth of the experience beyond the food!
On arrival, we were warmly greeted by Elspeth - the host/concept designer/chef - when we came inside, we were not prepared for the overwhelming beauty of the Table for Two setting. Just stunning.
Through the lounge area, onto the veranda where our Table for Two was set up. Just for us...with sparkling fairy lights, dream catcher and candles, on the backdrop of midnight blue skies, the rolling Atlantic waves and a (pre-orederd) crescent moon! Speechless as we seated ourselves!
My partner is "not one for Surprises" and when I said I had booked a special dinner & a bit of a surprise, I could see he was uncomfortable...but as soon as he met Elspeth he knew he was in safe hands, and then at the sight of the table setting, he exhaled....and continued to relax more & more into the experience.
5 specially designed courses, named thoughtfully from our advanced questionnaire - with the same thought and consideration attached to actually honouring the course names, with the preparation of the dishes themselves....each course reflecting in texture, taste and presentation, the carefully considered personal attention of Elspeth.
I hadn't even thought about what we were actually going to eat, and the cuisine actually does the concept proud too. It's not just a gimmick with average cooking...it's a culinary joy too! Prepared and served with Love as the main ingredient.
Between each course there was an additional layer of exploration between the diners, with the creative input of the host, and this added another dimension to the dining, that was an unexpected delight for us.
Elspeth is as present as you need her to be yet elegantly absent too, allowing space for your own personal Table for Two experience to develop in its own intimate way.....
The real beauty of Table for Two is the unique energy that each couple can bring, the evolving dynamic of each pair plus Elspeth, weaving their own tapestry making it hard to review in a general sense, just to say that it should be experienced first hand by anyone that is even considering it....GO and have your own Table for Two and see for yourself!!
Thank You Elspeth....I shall return!!

Elspeth B D, Owner at Table for Two, responded to this reviewResponded June 9, 2014

Thank you both so much for coming to Table for Two and infusing it with your special energy...during and after. And I really value your written expression. Wishing you the best in all things. xo Elspeth