“A unique and surprising evening”
Review of Table for Two

Table for Two
Ranked #37 of 143 Restaurants in Tobago
Cuisines: Contemporary, Healthy
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Canopy of stars, symphony of Nature ... And just one single table for two people---you and someone special (romantic, platonic or familial). More than simply "dining", Table for Two is a multi-dimensional creative and culinary experience for just you and your companion. Savour a world of surprises at your dinner table-inclusive of unique vegetarian cuisine and customized activities inspired by the essence of your relationship. Open for dinner only. Please book at least 5 days in advance and complete the questions on the booking form available on the website. Looking forward to creating a memorable experience for you and yours.
Reviewed March 17, 2014

My husband and I got this dinner at Table for Two as a Christmas gift from our daughter and her boyfriend. We didn´t know what was going to happen this evening until we met Chef Elspeth in her restaurant. It went out to be a lovely evening, so many nice dishes prepared specially for us, flavored with activities, nice and very creative made.
This was something different and unforgettable, a lovely place to spend an evening with someone!

Elspeth B D, Owner at Table for Two, responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2014

Dear Lena and Kjell Even

Thank you for your kind feedback. It is much appreciated. Wishing you both the best.

Elspeth

Reviewed January 26, 2014

After all the stellar reviews I'd read about Table for Two, I decided to give my friends a certificate to the restaurant as a wedding gift. I wasn't sure how it would work out as I wanted the experience to be a surprise, and Chef Elspeth requests that guests complete a brief questionnaire a week before their dinner date. As it turned out, it couldn't have been simpler.
I consulted family and friends and completed the questionnaire, which included their likes and dislikes food-wise, favorite songs, interests, and pastimes. Chef Elspeth provided a creative gift certificate--everything she does is creative!--and she e-mailed directions to Table for Two. She also has an associate with whom one can arrange round-trip transport for those wishing it. I deposited payment in Chef Elspeth's business account, and that's all there was to it.

Elspeth B D, Owner at Table for Two, responded to this reviewResponded January 29, 2014

Thank you for choosing Table for Two as the gift for your newly-married friends. I thoroughly enjoyed preparing the experience for them, especially knowing that it would all be a total surprise. It was also an honour having such a special couple as the first diners at TF's new location.
Xo
Elspeth

Reviewed January 6, 2014

My wife and I had originally made our Table for Two reservation to celebrate our wedding anniversary in May. Due to the flu we had to cancel our vacation in Tobago. We booked our Christmas vacation and contacted Chef E. to reschedule our reservation to coincide with the anniversary of our engagement. The TFT location had changed and the new location was not ready, however, Chef E. was accommodating and determined that we should have our experience. This was but one of number of "exceptions" that led to our truly unique experience that left us refreshed.

We had requested that our 4 year old son join us in our celebration so our TFT became "Table For Three, Made For We". The location in Goodwood was the original but the setting changed as the TFT terrace was not available. Our experience was a picnic outside on a natural terrace overlooking the sea. We reclined. Our son was able to play with his favourite toys and we roamed around exploring the area between courses. Because it had to be this setting the time was different - late afternoon instead of night. We dined at our leisure until sundown.

The meal was nothing short of excellence. Each course was "moreish" as we say. Our "experience" was about the journey we were and continue to be on through our lives as individuals, a couple and a family - very appropriate. It refreshed us.

Thank you, Chef E. We wish you the very best in the next phase of your journey. We highly recommend TFT.

Review collected in partnership with this restaurant
Elspeth B D, Owner at Table for Two, responded to this reviewResponded January 7, 2014

Dear Mark. Janine and Josse,

Thank you for giving me the opportunity to create a 'different' kind of TFT. It was enjoyable, inspiring and well worth the experience for me as well.

Love, Chef E.

Reviewed November 25, 2013

I heard about Table for Two from the facebook page and finally decided to book as a surprise to my girlfriend. The night turned out to be a surprise for the both of us as this was an experience that cannot be replicated anywhere. The experience that Chef E conceptualized from the booking form I completed was perfect from course 1 through 6. The vegan experience was also a welcoming difference to regular restaurants.

From arrival to departure the atmosphere was welcoming, calming and very romantic. From artwork drawn on the floor to welcome us, the music selections, the delicious dishes, the outdoor dining under a conopy of stars, the distant waves crashing to the candle light conversations and a night dip in the pool, made this the best gift to my girlfriend.
The fact that my girlfriend and I are a same sex couple made the appreciation greater since we were able to be completely comfortable and enjoy the romance in an open environment.

I would recommend Table for Two to anyone looking for a difference since this promises to be a very unique and private experience.It leaves you with renewed energy and appreciation for the simpler things.Table for Two is definitely worth the experience.

Review collected in partnership with this restaurant
Elspeth B D, Owner at Table for Two, responded to this reviewResponded November 27, 2013

Thanks for the review, Del. You and Ria are most welcome. It was my pleasure to make your night memorable.
Xo
E

Reviewed October 23, 2013

All our senses were catered to - on arrival we were welcomed with vibrant, original music. Our table was exquisitely set and we were treated sumptuous and colorful food while balmy tropical breezes kept us comfortable.

Chef Elspeth made sure we were not just fed but entertained and enlightened. I've never before had the experience of having an evening tailored to me and my friend before.

This was an unforgettable night in which an long friendship was renewed.

1  Thank Jo-Ann A