“Wonderful, welcoming home away from home”
other traveler has booked this property
Stunning bougainvillea by the pool
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Excellent
Stunning bougainvillea by the pool
Dolphin villa & its dolphin gates
chill in the gallery's hammock as you enjoy the birdsong and sea view
Sea View-Minister Bay-the garden is full of flowers
totally unspoilt beach, Minister Bay, 3 mins walk away. Watch pelicans, herons, frigate brids and turtles (March-Sept)
Open plan area-Huge dining/lounge area, with kitchen to the left
part of the excellently equipped kitchen; washroom to far side, pool outside kitchen door.
The en suite  Frangipani room
Super King bed in spacious en suite Hibiscus room with its chic ensuite and  walk in shower
Trendy colours of en suite  the Orchid room with its ensuite bathroom incl.tub&overhead shower. The super King bed can...
Rose  lilies in our garden
Manager Kelvin with a leatherback turtle on nearby Mjnister Bay
Balisier growing in our garden
Enjoy this amazing sunrise over Minister Bay
There's a hammock for baby too in the covered patio
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
TaraJeanC...
Atlanta, Georgia
“Overall Disappointing - Poor Customer Service”
Reviewed May 9, 2016 for a stay in April 2016
person found this review helpful

I really wanted to love this place but we had several issues from day 1. More concerning than the actual issues was the owner's responses. She seemed completely unapologetic or remorseful. I can only assume it is because we paid in advance and she knew we had no recourse for our dissatisfaction. Here is an overview of our experience. You can draw your own conclusions and make an informed decision before booking.

1. We couldn't take showers as the showers had zero water pressure. The sinks were fine and the toilets flushed most of the time but the showers in all 4 rooms we had were useless.
2. Wifi was only available in the TV room and kitchen. You don't get a signal in the bedrooms or in the backyard by the pool. We expected to have wifi throughout the house.
3. The beach that is within walking distance is not good for swimming. I guess I missed that on the website. Kelvin told us how to walk up to where we could swim but it was too far for me to walk with my 9 month old and my 70 yr old mom and aunt. You should rent a car to get to the beach if you want to swim.
4. There was a mouse in Room 3. He jumped from the floor onto the bedsheets and tried to climb up the sheet onto the bed while my sister was on the couch in there reading. My husband went in to kill it but it escaped through a hole in the wall into the closet. We plugged up the hole to try to keep it from getting back out.

Liked best: Pool was nice
Liked least: No water pressure to take showers, poor customer service from owner.
Traveling group: Extended Family
Your age range 35-49
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
May 17, 2016
I’m sorry to hear you felt my reply lacked remorse. Kelvin did check with your mother, was assured that everything was O.K., & asked her to suggest you communicate directly with him as he is on site.
I am so surprised by your response: let me help people draw their own conclusions.
Kelvin checked for holes that a mouse might use & 1 has been blocked.
He was pleased to learn that you ‘found the villa clean and has all the amenities as described’ (April 16), so hopefully the mouse’s appearance was a one off, though as I said in my reply to you, we can’t do anything about the fact that the tropics is teaming with wildlife.
Re wifi: I explained to you that I advertised ‘wifi access’, not wifi round the pool. Our system stretches some 90’ ( from the kitchen to the lounge and into the gallery) , which is better than in many households in the U.K.
You complained about poor water pressure, not useless showers. Dolphin villa has been blessed with either mains water or reserve tank water for most of the time. Once reserve tanks are in use, the water pressure is low (detailed in our information sheets). We have had the plumber check the whole system & there is nothing wrong with it. All he could think was that, as you’d said that you had been able to shower for 3-4 mins(April 20)., someone had the washing machine on at the same time. The problem has now been resolved due to heavy rain and the Water Authorities’ opening of 3 new wells.
Re: beach. Kelvin did go to the trouble of accompanying you all to show you where you could swim. I told you that the beach is great for long walks and observing wild life. The water was not very calm when you were here, due to Spring tides, which mean the beaches on the Caribbean side would have been calmer that week( and vice versa at other times).I’m afraid this is not something we can control.
I was especially disappointed to note your point about lack of customer service. You originally booked for 9 days, then changed it to 7, then to 5. I acceded to each request with a good grace, even though we were inundated with requests for the Jazz festival & lost a great deal of custom. You even commented that I had ‘been so flexible -we appreciate how accommodating you’ve been).
I also spent many hours getting quotes for you for catering,then tracking down a caterer who would deliver, only to be told you didn’t want either. You booked a dinner for your first night, Kelvin bought in all the ingredients, marinaded the meat, only to be told less than 24 hrs before arrival, that you were cancelling.
Your husband asked Kelvin to book a van for you, he went to fetch it, only to find you had booked one yourselves. All very embarrassing for Kelvin.
MingLeah
San Fernando, Trinidad
“Wonderful, welcoming home away from home”
Reviewed October 20, 2015 for a stay in March 2014
person found this review helpful

We stayed here as a post-Trinidad Carnival cool down (myself, husband, sister-in-law, brother-in-law and his girlfriend) and it was everything we could have wanted! The Villa is lovely, with a scenic garden and a great pool of which we took full advantage. The amenities are excellent and everything is well-maintained. We loved that it felt truly home-like and so comfortable and we full enjoyed our stay! Would definitely recommend and stay again. Have only good things to say about Marilyn and Kelvin's customer service throughout the entire process.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The home-like feel of the Villa, which was in excellent condition
Traveling group: Friends
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children Large groups
raz0rback...
Paramaribo District, Suriname
“Dolphin Villa - It has it all.”
Reviewed February 3, 2015 for a stay in January 2015

My wife and I and our five children had a wonderful time at Dolphin Villa. It has everything you need to have a wonderful time in Tobago. It is situated near Scarbarough and central to the entire island. Each bedroom has its own bath. Large kitchen and living room. The pool is super relaxing if you get burned out at the beaches you can just chill there. There are kids toys, satellite tv, wifi, and more. They have thought of it all. Kelvin is also onsite and can help with anything you need. We hope to return again.

Liked best: The Pool
Liked least: Wifi signal only reached 1/3 of house.
Traveling group: Young Children
champ fleurs, trinidad
“AMAZING”
Reviewed August 21, 2014 for a stay in August 2014
person found this review helpful

The villa was awesome. The rooms and decor were really amazing. The villa has tons of space and lots of room to move around. Every room was laid out perfectly. I visited with my husband, two boys ages 8 and 2, my mother who is disabled and my mother in law. I really appreciated the fact that the villa was easily accessible for my mother, who uses a wheelchair. The pool was INCREDIBLE. Didn't want to leave the pool. The manager was really helpful and knowledgeable about Tobago. Also he was really, really nice and kind. I really appreciated his help and services during our stay. He has really set a standard that will be hard for others to live up to. We'll definitely be going back.

Liked best: everything

A romantic getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Luxury-minded travelers
Aug 25, 2013
Thankyou so much, Bill,
both Kelvin and I thoroughly enjoyed meeting you and your family. it was a pleasure to be able to have such considerate and delightful guests in Dolphin Villa. Hope to see you again some time..
Marilyn and Kelvin
Ks
Reviewed February 7, 2013 for a stay in January 2013

A romantic getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers
Feb 7, 2013
Thanks so much, Jerry and Sylvia, for your lovely words. It was a delight to meet you and enjoy our mutual sense of humours! We'd love to have you back.
Best regards,
Marilyn and Kelvin
Maryland
Reviewed January 7, 2013 for a stay in December 2012

People with disabilities
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing