“ok”
Review of Coconut Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Tobago
Coconut Inn
Ranked #80 of 92 Tobago B&B and Inns
Reviewed March 5, 2014

the overall experience was not too bad, but renovations in some area are necessary. however customer service and room service was received and accommodating. The pool is family freindly and the out doors was very peaceful.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank fluffy2buffy

Reviewed October 13, 2013

I have been staying at Coconut Inn for the past 10 years but I hate to admit that the quality of the place is going downhill. The facilities are badly in need of an upgrade, especially the pool area. The rooms need a thorough cleaning as well. The previous manager had this hotel running like a dream but the new managers do not seem to have the experience to handle this hotel and all there is to do. My biggest complaint is that the walls are paper thin so there is a lot of noise coming into the rooms. Guests are also not being told to keep the noise levels down so you have people shouting to each other four doors down, having parties in the shared corridor and basically bullying those who want a bit of peace and relaxation. The managers are not assertive enough to ask these kinds of belligerent gusts to leave the premises. I do not think I will be stayiong there in the future but I do love the grounds and the location is ideal.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Alicia S
Reviewed October 8, 2013

A group of us stayed here. One friend found a DEAD RAT at the foot of her bed. She was given lysol and told she could clean it if she wanted or wait for house-keeping to turn up the NEXT DAY! Another friend found two DEAD COCKROACHES under her comforter. Another had a cockroach fall on her overnight. We all had moldy, smelly shower curtains. The rags to use in the kitchen were dirty and discoloured. The broom in my room had tonnes of hair attached to it. There was a bird nest just infront of the AC condenser. Disease anyone? There were ants in my bedroom and cockroaches in the toaster. We all got wet, smelly, moldy comforters. The toilets were leaking and smelled. Some people had no water in their apartments. The pool is NOT well maintained. There were dusty fake plants everywhere. This place is nasty as HELL. NASTY to the nth degree. DO NOT STAY HERE!

Room Tip: Get new management for this place. That's all.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
5  Thank Rollingstone2014
Reviewed September 10, 2013

After arriving from New York, wanted to spend a nice weekend in Tobago. Well guess what! It was the most disgusting weekend ever. First, false advertising, the place didn't look anything like the pictures. Well I stayed at the managers guess house, since its seven of us, including my two kids. House smell like urine, complain twice before someone actually came. Sheets were dirty and smell,sand on the bed, my son found someone dirty under wear under our bed,don't know how long its been there. Overall my final say is that the coconut inn if dirty.

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed September 8, 2013 via mobile

If u are lookin for a comfortable clean safe and most importantly cheap place to stay then coconut inn is what u need. This is no 5 star hotel but it caters for your need. I loved the gardens it was so clean and well kept. The pool was nice but could have been a bit bigger to cater for more guests. I think if they build a nice restaurant on the premises it would give the place a better look and guests won't have to leave to get food else where. The rooms a comfy but I didn't really like the kitchen area, it seems a bit out dated. But never the less the price was great so I can't complain. If u have a big family and looking for something affordable yet comfortable then it's coconut inn u need. I will definitely be back

• Stayed: December 2012
Reviewed August 9, 2013

2/8/2013 – 5/8/2013
i will never recommend any one to stay here reasons are:
1) - NO WATER for 2 entire days...water tanks was empty....when we ask a member of the staff for assistance he had a serious attitude problem saying he said "he not god and can’t make water come back and do everything" etc.
2) - after hours of complaining from us and other guest... they ordered water from the fire service...(having insufficient number of water tanks to supply the enter resort) the tanks was filled... a staff member transferred water to the office tanks located at another location on the compound using a hose (from the tanks the fire service fill)..
NOTE: still not getting a water supply to the rooms. …after half an hour another guest went and checks the tanks for himself only to find they were empty again...
NOTE: due to NO WATER!! the same night a coupled of guest from upstairs where forced to leave and seek another resort!
We locked off the hose valve that was supplying water to office our self...then we got a low supply which last d couple of hours….(what kind of resort/hotel does this ????).
The next day fire service returned and refilled the tanks …we got a decent supply but in one room only hot water the other only cold and the third still no water…and the water was like mauby in colour..
3) - toilets will NOT flush in two rooms and the third room the toilet bowl was filled up to the rim almost to over flow.
4) - water leaking from to ceiling and making a pool of water in front of our door.
5) - pool was extremely dirty and oily and was never cleaned for the entire duration of our stay..
6) – the stoves and microwave was in a horrible condition..They were rusted and had a lot of muck and smelled like stale food.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Navin K
Reviewed July 28, 2013

I am currently here, my last night so here's my take on it:
Day 1) Found bugs and congoree's in the bed
Day 1) NO water , had to find persons three times over a 1 hour period several times to turn water on. ( I did NOT pay for this)
Day 3) A rat was found playing on the floor of the apt and ran under the bed.

I don't think I payed for this. Some of the staff was kind and assisted but I got a little bit of attitude from some. I will not advice anyone on this place. The place is nice but the little complains make it problematic. 1st time I stayed here because my usual place was booked.... I won't ever again.

• Stayed: July 2013