“Always a pleasant stay”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Tobago
Belleviste Apartments
Ranked #47 of 98 Specialty Lodging in Tobago
Reviewed August 15, 2007

I have stayed at Belle Viste on numerous ocassions and have always enjoyed my stay there. The service is good. The rooms are very homely and comfortable. Planning a trip with family you can try the apartment to the far left of the compound. I enjoy Belle Viste so much that I am not comfortable anywhere else.

• Stayed: May 2007, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
There are newer reviews for Belleviste Apartments

Reviewed November 12, 2006

Rooms were cozy relaxing romantic quiet............ close to store bay n pigeon pt even the rentals of cars were 2 mins away ...........location is grt8. Loved it always !!!
It needs a restaurant that caters to homecook food as well and a live band on sat night. Tours can be arranged as well......thanks from Reshma

• Stayed: November 2006, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank Resh
Trinidad, West Indies
Reviewed June 14, 2004

We stayed at Belleviste for five days in June. After much seraching on the net, Belleviste seemed like the perfect place. I called and cnfirmrd my booking as well as making a downpayment. What was very interesting was that they had no taxis to their aprtments. Well, nevertheless being so excited, we walked for ten minutes to arrive to our destination. After a short meeting we were shown to our room. Firstly, the ocean view room that I expected and saw on the net was not so. It must have been an old picture since Sandy Point Beach hotel had occupied the strip of land close to the beach. So once you look over all the cars, you could get a glimpse of the ocean. The manager was not helpfull at all with reagrds to trips around tobago, No initiative was taken to help us at all with our tours. You just came and left not much to their concern. My flight was at two p.m. on Friday. It was discussed that chech out time was ten, but it was eventually decided that it would be ok for us to stay until around 12:30 p.m. or so I thought. The manager took a 180 degrees turn and informed us that there are other persons coming to occupy the room and we could only stay until 11:00 a.m. I was so upset that I left immediately. In addition at around eleven, someone even came to inform us that we have to go to the office. Obviously we know that we have to return the keys! It was if they were rushing us to leave! To make matters worst a 10% hotel tax was added without me knowing. When costs were initially discussed, no mention was made of this. I paid the extra amount and left in disgust. I took an earlier flight and went home. Clearly the Management of Belleviste needs training in Customer Service. They are only interested in the money rather than pleasing their guests.

9  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Bournemouth, UK
Reviewed April 7, 2004

We moved over to these apartments from the Sandy Point Beach Club when they ran out of room for us to stay in. I was not that impressed by them initially, but we stayed in the bungalow on the end (two bedrooms) and it was very adequate and nicely decorated (sunsets beautiful from the kitchen). I would recommend the accommodation. The pool is nice just outside your door and 30 seconds to the beach. Only one problem. A price was agreed when we booked, but a new price appeared on the bill at the end of the stay much more money! Get your quote in writing! Say hello to Stumpy the dog for me.

5  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
United Kingdom
Reviewed January 6, 2004

Everyone has different expectations of what they want when they go on a holiday so you can't really bad mouth about the place because it isn't terrible when it comes down to the condition and flexibility of the place. We have been to Belleviste many times and have found it very ideal for us. The cost, the flexibility and location was just fine for us because it is not our idea of spending loads of money on a very luxurious place, especially when we are not there for most of the day and it is not our idea of constantly eating out ! We spend time most of the time on the beach, driving around and the apartment was very practical with all the needed facilities for when it comes to self-catering. Okay, the pool doesn't look like it belongs to a Hollywood movie star but in general it is very clean and perfectly adequate. As I said, everyone has different expectations of how to spend their holiday, so if you're a only a pool goer and want to spend most of your holiday around your apartment and not budge, then yes maybe Belleviste may not be for you as it is not very luxurious. But if you are an adventurous person and want to visit beaches, discover the islands, want kitchen self catering facilities (especially those with budget limits), quick and easy access to the clean pool and want to be in an easy & simple surrounding then Belleviste is for you. So basically, think of what you want when you go on a holiday and research. Brochures are always going to glamourise about their places and you are always going to get different reviews from people because everyone is different and want different things e.g posh, snobby, down-to-earth, simple, active, etc...

11  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Manchester, England
Reviewed December 28, 2003

We booked the room and were told a price that included all taxes etc..
However when it came to checking out time they added lots of charges and we were given a room that was very dingy and reminded me of the 70's too much! The photo of the swimming pool is very misleading and must have been done using a wide angle lense or some other photo trickery! I would not recommend this place, if you are looking for somewhere cheerful and not too expensive, Johnstones apartments are much better and right on the beach.

6  Thank A TripAdvisor Member