“Trapdoor Spiders!!”

Tobago Forest Reserve
Ranked #9 of 101 things to do in Tobago
More attraction details
Owner description: Established in 1763 to combat European deforestation of the island, this was the Western Hemisphere's first forest reserve.
Reviewed October 14, 2012

This was excellent, the guide was extremely knowledgeable and showed me where there were trapdoor spiders in the banks, very exciting! He somehow was able to see birds that were hidden in the trees, calling to them until they came nearer! He had a telescope so that i could see what he was looking at and told me what they all were etc,
I founfd it tiring though, if you are not very mobile or have particular health issues it may not be suitable to go.

2  Thank paddysmum111

Reviewed October 1, 2012

We loved our experience in the rainforest. We went with Zolani, from Frank's Tours out of the Blue Waters Inn in Speyside. He was a wonderful tour guide and worked really hard to find specific birds for us. He is extremely knowledgeable about the forest, and just a nice guy in general. The forest was an easy hike, and picture perfect! I felt like I was on the set of a movie.

1  Thank Amanda C
Reviewed September 24, 2012

We took a trip to the Tobago Forest Reserve with Newton George. The plants and birds he showed us were fascinating, beautiful, colourful, mesmerising...... Newton's knowledge, enthusiasm, hospitality and professionalism were outstanding. To hear the torrential rain thundering through the forest minutes before it arrived was something special. Finding trap door spiders, watching huge colourful moths and butterflies, spotting beautiful birds, much to see and do.

3  Thank Duncan W
Reviewed September 1, 2012 via mobile

Wow, I have always wanted To visit a Rainforest. Barry, our guide, kept The children engaged throughout our 2 hour hike through lush bamboo And Palm trees, waterfalls And Tarzan swings!! We went in The afternoon And didn't see many birds, Possibly none if Barry had not Pointed them out. We saw a trap door spider And Amazing leaf eating Ants!! Certainly a must if visiting Tobago.

2  Thank PaulMarc
Reviewed August 29, 2012

My husband and I was touring Tobago and driving around the island. We took a turn and came through the Forest Reserve....it was cool and quiet drive. Driving through the mountains we could actually feel the coldness of the clouds... was an amazing experience.

1  Thank Alana S