“Don’t be fooled by the pictures on the website of Canoe Bay” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Canoe Bay Beach Resort

Canoe Bay Beach Resort
Ranked #75 of 93 Specialty Lodging in Tobago
Tobago
“Don’t be fooled by the pictures on the website of Canoe Bay”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 4, 2013

I just got back from Tobago where I was shocked and disgusted with the false advertisement of Canoe Bay Beach Resort. I should have listened to the individuals who were kind enough to leave reviews about this rude staff and the Dump called Canoe Bay Beach Resort. Don’t be fooled by the pictures on the website of Canoe Bay, we rented the grounds of this facility for a wedding and the pictures am posting will tell you the anguish I went through when I saw the dump called Canoe Bay Beach Resort.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
17 Thank AmandaH701

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Hamilton, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2013

I took my wife and mother-in-law to look at your beach facilities at Canoe Bay this afternoon (Sunday March 17, 2013) a little after 4:00 pm. After I parked the car, I was accosted by a man sitting with two others who demanded we pay TT$20 per adult even as we were explaining that we were only wishing to assess the facilities for a future visit. He was loud, rude and the most unwelcoming of all the people I had met in my 2 weeks in T&T. I had no way of assessing whether he was there in an official capacity (no entry booth no uniform) or if he was just angry at some previous incident. It really doesn't matter...it doesn't bode well for your facility or any other hospitality business when visitors and potential customers are treated with such disdain.

Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
13 Thank BrianJoel

Travelers are raving about these Tobago hotels

3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2012

i visited this resort in July 2012 and it was not what i expected. the place was shabby and bushy, improper lighting, untidy, and unfriendly. People wishing to come to this place hoping that these reviews are wrong, please i beg u, dont book at this location... i BEG u. my family and i thought that despite the reviews the resort will still be nice considering the ads online. trust me, they are far from what they presume to be. as for the room accomodation, the room i stayed in for the one night i deposited (because i was not getting a refund on my deposit) was not bad however certain things they told me the room was equipped with, wasnt there and the staff had no problem what so ever in telling me to find another hotel.
please, save yourself the stress i had to go through. book somewhere else!!!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
8 Thank Rae G
Whitby, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 7, 2012

Visited Canoe Bay in late May 2012, took my family. The place had bush all around. Very secluded! I booked two rooms for six people and they were a block apart (through bush) from each other and there was no lighting at night between the two. Lots of sandflies biting everyone because of the bush. The two bedrooms are airconditioned but the rest of the place is not. It was very hot. No working restaurant. No place to get food within walking distance. I asked the staff to get our rooms closer together and they said sure if I paid $390 more per night. The fridge in the room did not work. I then told them that I would be moving since I could not get my rooms closer to each other and I had only used one room since they were so far apart. They refused to give me back my deposit. They said that the deposit was not refundable.

Save your money and stay somewhere else. They look like they are getting ready to go under. They do not have a working restaurant and there is no place within walking distance to eat.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
9 Thank Dissatisfied001
Caribbean
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2011

I read a lot of good reviews about Canoe Bay Resort Tobago so I decided to book there for my family vacation which was scheduled at the end of July 2011...I paid my deposit in May and confirmed my reservation or so I thought. The first week in July I called Canoe Bay Resort as I was enquiring about some details of the room, at that time I was told that I should cancel my reservation as the owners of the resort had booked a conference at the resort on the same weekend that I had made my reservation, I was also told that the staff were trying to contact me to inform me of this new arrangement and could not reach my cell, however there were NO missed calls to my cell phone from the resorts telephone numbers. I went ahead and canceled my booking and thankfully I was able to get accommodation at another resort. Canoe Bay did refund my deposit but in future I will book somewhere else and save myself the trouble.

Room Tip: check the online reviews before you book and don't book at Canoe Bay resort Tobago