“My favorite restaraunt in Trinidad”
Review of Apsara Restaurant

Apsara Restaurant
Ranked #17 of 169 Restaurants in Port of Spain
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed January 5, 2010

I'd been coming to Port of Spain for 5 years before I moved here 2 years ago. This is my favorite restaraunt in Trinidad. The food is always excellent. The service is good (for Trinidad - this is not the US so don't expect US service!). I always try and go with a large group so we can get many different dishes for the table. I've tried almost everything on the menu and it all is wonderful, although my favorite is the lamb vindaloo. With wine, the meal can be a bit pricey.

2  Thank Ralph T

Reviewed October 29, 2009

This is the second time we have dined here and I cant believe the time from when you order to when the food arrives . We waited an hour and a half for our starters and were past caring by the time it arrived . It was the same the time before but we thought we would give it a second chance - there will not be a third . The food when it comes is good not brilliant , the staff are snooty and not at all friendly with the exception of one older woman who was quite friendly but this restaurant is over rated and many diners were complaining about the time it took to get the food they ordered . They also ran out of the wine we were drinking so not a great impression of a supposedly top class restaurant in Port of Spain

1  Thank JackieO07PortOfSpain
Reviewed September 8, 2009

I was working with business associates in Port of Spain in November 2008. I am not a fan of Indian food, but my friends are. I was pleasantly surprised, and we had a great time sampling several dishes. The service was good the night we were there, and the staff was helpful in getting a taxi for us.

1  Thank Pappy43
Reviewed July 14, 2009

I have loved this restaurant since the begininning of its existence in Trinidad. It was one of the first places on the island to serve authentic Indian cuisine. One thing to bear in mind is that customer service is not very good in restaurants across Trinidad, so don't expect too much in that area, but once you have ordered, you will not reget this culinary treat. Only once was I ever disappointed in the food, and I believe that there was a new chef, but ever since they have continued to be spectacular. Their Murgh Tikka Makahni and their Paner Tikka are very good, as well as their Peshwari Naan.

2  Thank Birdiki
Reviewed December 26, 2008

Only place to get a decent sit in curry, at a price though. Go to the takeaway in Shoppes of Maraval and save your dosh.

1  Thank GM Port of Spain