“Delicious Indian food” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Apsara Restaurant

Apsara Restaurant
Ranked #11 of 157 Restaurants in Port of Spain
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Families with children, Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Port of Spain
“Delicious Indian food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2014 via mobile

The food is delicious, the staff is very attentive and helpful. They will help you go through the menu and select combinations that enhance eachother. The place is at the basment of a house, so no view or a window. So it feels closed up, but it's not bad. The peshwari naan is awesome. Pricewise, it's a bit high but it's not like you are going to eat there every week. Well worth experiencing.

Trinidad and Tobago
“Great food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2014

the best authentic indian food in trinidad. takeout available as well which is great! it is worth the price the food is delicious. The atmosphere is so lovely as everyone is dressed in Traditional Indian wear and the rooms are beautifully decorated

Visited December 2013
Houston, Texas
“Consistently delicious authentic cuisine”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2014

Every time I visit Port of Spain on business I make a point of visiting Apsara. This must be my 6th visit and I am never disappointed. Indian food became a regular staple on a Friday night after a few pints when I grew up in London. This tastes as authentic as it did then. Of course it's not like Indian food in Mumbai but it's as delicious. Service is great, ambiance is great. I will visit again and again and again. Yummy!

• Visited August 2014
Cardiff, United Kingdom
“Almost but not quite”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2014

Excellent and scenic location on edge of the Savannah, it exudes a luxury dining experience. Inside is well presented and fancy, even down the chutney dishes. Menu enticing, if too broad, but plenty of appetising choices. Staff seemed a bit over bearing at first (too little to do) but it settled down. Food was superb and well presented in ample portions. Only niggle was I went to smoke outside, informed the waiter, and returned to find my table had been cleared and my half drunk beer removed. This took the shine off and meant I had to loiter to pay. Other than that error, an impressive dining experience.

• Visited August 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Trinidad
“Not what I expected”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2014

This restaurant needs a bit of a revamp!! They claim to serve authentic Indian cuisine but that was indeed questionable. First of all, the walk from the car park to get to the restaurant was taunting. Then when we were escorted to our seats, the layout of some of the tables (like ours) was in very close proximity to another. This made us feel like our privacy was invaded by neighbouring ears.

On another note, the servers were unprofessional in some regards. There was not one specific server assigned to our table. We asked one server for the drinks list and had to ask again when a different server came to our table. Similarly, we had to ask three times for a refill of water.

Furthermore, when the server rested the condiments on our table, there appeared to be a bit of seafood at the edge of one of the containers.

For a restaurant where the prices are not cheap, I expected to get superb, effective, quality customer service but instead. This experience reminded me of a trip to the poorer parts of India, with the musty smells and tainted cookware. I would not recommend anyone to visit this restaurant. It's not worth the money and definitely not worth the unpleasant experience.

• Visited May 2014