“Great food”

Cuisines: Asian, Thai
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed May 24, 2014 via mobile

My wife and I went there on one of her nights off while we were in trinidad for the chiefs convention. We sat outside, the road that restaurant is on is a little busy but didn't bother us. There is a really cool koi pond. The food was excellent and I would recommend it to anyone who likes tai food. Prices were so so. But it was a great night out.

Reviewed March 30, 2014

I have been to this restaurant a couple of times before, had greatly enjoyed its food, and thought it would be a good place to take a small group of five colleagues. What a disappointment! The service was slow and chaotic, one of us got his meal a good 20 minutes after the first one had been served, the food was mediocre and almost cold, and the prices were very expensive. When we complained -- very politely -- about the poor service, someone came to "apologise", but he was so rude and his apology so ridiculous that he only made matters worse. One waitress tried to be helpful and was very embarrassed, but little she could do. This was a good restaurant, it no longer is.

Reviewed March 4, 2014

After living in Trinidad for a year, I miss this restaurant terribly. We went at least once a month and the food was always amazing. I love the cashew chicken and the shrimp dishes were delicious. It is a little expensive for T&T, but worth it!

Reviewed February 21, 2014

Visited the Tamnak Thai restaurant around the Queen's Park Savannah at the end of January for my husband's birthday. We had been to this restaurant twice several years ago and decided to return because the food was really good. We arrived about 8:45 p.m. (we didn't make reservations) and the place was practically empty for a Friday night. There was one table occupied in the outdoor seating area. We waited by the hostess station (which is located at the entrance to the outdoor dining area) but no host or wait staff was in sight. We waited for about 5 minutes before I decided to sit on the bench located next to the host/hostess stand. My husband went into the dining area looking for someone to assist us. Inside was deserted. We were wondering if they were open at all but the lone occupied table outside proved that they were. We waited another 5 minutes and then decided to leave. As we were walking out a staff member from the sister restaurant Apsara saw us leaving. We asked if Tamnak Thai was open and he said that they were. He went in and got the hostess who came out and simply stated that she was in the kitchen (no apologies offered). We were finally seated and offered menus. Besides the hostess, there was only 1 visible wait staff present. They both attended to us during the course of the evening but we got the impression that they didn't really care to be there.

On the other hand the food was excellent.....just as we remembered. It's a pity that a restaurant with so much going for it is not as busy as it used to be........I'm guessing that service could be a problem?!? Hope the operators up their game soon.

Reviewed September 16, 2013

The service is poor, the food is far from delicious and it came out room temperature. The entire restaurant needs to be revamped!

1  Thank Jason S