Hyatt Regency Trinidad
Courtyard
$250
$212
  • Pool
Kapok Hotel(Port of Spain)
$144
The Inn at 87(Port of Spain)
$90
$115
$108
$104
Forty Winks Inn(Port of Spain)
$109
Hotwire.com
Melbourne Inn(Port of Spain)
$55
$41
Tony's Guest House(Port of Spain)(Great Value!)
$60
$54
Culture Crossroads Inn(Port of Spain)
$95
Hotwire.com
2,372 results
All reviewsinfinity poolwaterfront restaurantsea viewglass showersushirain showercustomer servicebreakfast buffet isbusiness tripbusiness hotellobby bartrinidadportspainshipsgymgulf
Reviewed October 21, 2009

I stayed at the Hyatt for a weekend on my trip to Trinidad from the US.

My rental car got stolen from this Hyatt hotel's Valet and they have not made any effort to reimburse me the $US 6000 charge the rental company made from my credit card.

The hotel staff have been absolutely un-professional and un responsive in dealing with this issue. It has been over 60 days now!!!

On several occasions when I called the customer service representative about it, they hung up on me. I also called Hyatt corporate to complain and got no response from them (over 3 weks now).

I know of someone else who had a laptop stolen from the hotel, who knows what else is going on there. They are a disgrace to the United states business Community!!

ABSOLUTELY TERRIBLE EXPERIENCE!!!

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled on business
11  Thank UDSStraveller
Reviewed October 14, 2009

Our recent stay at the Hyatt Regency Trinidad was great. The physical appearance of the hotel doesn't blend in with the otherwise nastiness of Port of Spain. Food was excellent, service was good (lightening fast for Trinidad), pool was beautiful and rooms were well appointed. The rooms all have center-of-the-room showers, an interesting concept, not for the shy. The four-walled glass enclosure has a band of opaque around the center to allow for a degree of privacy, but still not for the overly timid. I loved it!!
The more expensive ocean views are not worth the extra money in my opinion. They look out onto ugly, muddy water which is crowded with old abandoned and dilapidated ships and the occasional black smoke water taxi running from Trinidad to Tobago. We also splurged for a balcony room which was a waste. We had requested a high floor and were assigned the 7th floor - hardly a high one out of 22, especially for a Starwood Preferred Guest member The neighboring (ie, arm reach close) high rise office building looked straight down on all the balconies - not too private. Request a low-numbered room, facing away from the tall buildings. The Presidential Suite appeared to be room 2201, away from the aforementioned buildings. So, our corner room 727 was not as good as corner room 701, etc. Then again if your special request was not honored as ours was not, it really doesn't make a difference for a request in the first place. (all the upper floors appeared empty at night - no lights)
The valet park is slow, so call well ahead at least 15 minutes. The doormen are very cordial and even called me by name upon being out all day. Considering Port of Spain is a congested, dirty city, the Hyatt is truly an oasis needing only minor fine tuning.

Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Drroady
Reviewed October 14, 2009

Being a quite frequent visitor to the Hyatt, I have become more and more disappointed every time I return. It is still a nice Hotel, but it will not be for long with the speed it is getting run down. The service has changed to the worse, much worse and a lot of things was broken in the room.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank EmlinThuCha
Reviewed October 10, 2009

Beautiful new hotel with super comfortable rooms. A beautiful clean place to stay. One of the nicest hotels we have ever stayed in. Super reasonable rates. I can't wait to go back!

Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank VanessaLaub
Reviewed October 7, 2009

I had actually stayed at the Hyatt twice before but never wrote a review. They deserve a review though. The Hyatt Regency is undoubtedly world class. Though a business hotel, it still has a charm and is perfect for any traveller really. If you're looking for great service, great accomodation and amenities, great location - the Hyatt is the place for you. I still contend that the Hilton's food ranks a bit higher than the Hyatt's but I would recommend the Hyatt to anyone.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled solo