Our first trip to this hotel and we can easily say that our stay was outstanding. From check-in to check-out the service was impeccable. The check-in was easy and quick. The front desk personnel were definitely top shelf, as was every one that we encountered from then on. The Concierge personnel were the same, service with a smile and ready to assist in any way. The restaurant and bar personnel were very personable and so very nice. The Regency club personnel were again, simply so nice and personable and would help in any way that they could. Everyone would always inquire if there was any thing that they could do for us. This included personnel from the doormen to Management. This to us is service that is very professional and personable and not found in too many upper end facilities today. The staff really made us feel welcomed and treated us just like family. We just loved it.
The hotel is beautiful with an impressive lobby/entrance of marble and water walls and pools and glass walls. Very contemporary and very clean. Just check out the "fireplace" in the lounge area, between the water walls.
The rooms are very contemporary with a different layout that included frosted glass panels in the glass enclosed shower and watercloset. And the beds are too comfortable. I say that because we just hated to get out of it to go anywhere. We had a room with the city view and because of the expansive window, we had great views, especially at night.
The Waterfront Restaurant is very nice and we loved the glass enclosed kitchen. You can see the chefs preparing your meals. And Cinammon's deli has pastries, cakes and other pastries to die for. They have one of the better cups of coffee in Port of Spain, but Starbucks it isn't.
The location of the hotel is in a waterfront location that is part of a large complex under construction. The Hyatt seems to be setting the trend in the architecture of the buildings under construction. This area will be the toast of Port of Spain.
We could walk to the downtown shopping and eating establishments. But remember the restaurants cater to a business crowd and usually close early. You do have to take taxis to restaurants that are on the outskirts of the city towards the Savannah and the St. James and Woodbrook areas.
Now, as is the case in every area of the world, there are some areas near the hotel that should be treated with caution because they are not that well lit , under construction and because the area is somewhat deserted.
One other thing, Wrightson Road, which is the main road by the hotel, is to say the least, a speedway. Be extra careful in crossing this 4-6 lane highway, it has some blind curves with speeders in both directions.
The Triniday Hyatt is an excellent place to stay and we shall return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hyatt Regency Trinidad is a high rise hotel at the Port of Spain International Waterfront Development along the waterfront of Trinidad and Tobago's capital city. This 423-room hotel offers contemporary style and a comfortable luxury for Trinidad visitors. Featured in the design is a 16,000-square-foot Grand Ballroom, a 10,000 square-foot multipurpose facility and twelve smaller meeting rooms including two boardrooms. In addition, guests can enjoy a 9,000 square-foot spa with en suite facilities and a serene rooftop infinity pool and terrace with beautiful views of the Gulf of Paria and provides a relaxing escape for business travelers. Dining options range from a fine-dining restaurant, 24 hour café, sushi bar, lobby lounge and bar, in-room dining and poolside bar. Currently the hotel is undergoing a refurbishment. There is limited access to some areas but all amenities are available. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, getaroom.com, Hotwire and TripOnline SA so you can book your Hyatt Regency Trinidad reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Regency Trinidad Hotel Port Of Spain
- Hyatt Regency Hotel Trinidad
- Hyatt Port Of Spain
- Port Of Spain Hyatt
- Hyatt Regency Trinidad Port Of Spain