“Great views!”

Hyatt Regency Trinidad
Ranked #2 of 21 Hotels in Port of Spain
Reviewed April 6, 2014

You couldn't ask for a better view of the harbor. The restaurant and bar open out onto the promenade by the harbor. The food was good but unexceptional, given that the prices were higher than I expected.

Room Tip: Make a reservation.

Reviewed April 6, 2014

We stayed twice in the space of two weeks and each time we had an identical room. Twin queen beds and bath. Plenty of space overlooking the sea/port. Comfortable bed. Only drawback is that there is no kettle only a filter coffee machine which as anyone knows is no good for making tea! The first room had a very dirty hairdryer caked in grunge for want of a better expression. Otherwise clean and good. Mini bar empty!

Staff were always friendly and smiling. Had excellent service from all especially from concierge Dexston. Problems with menu in the restaurant and undercooked meat were all resolved by the restaurant manager. Not sure what happened to the previous reviewer.

Food was OK. Breakfast had a reasonable variety but a la cart orders took a long time to arrive. Always had to order honey which was a bit strange. Lunch good especially on terrace and at the pool. Sushi good in the evening.

Will come again and recommend to others. Walking distance to Tobago ferry and water taxi terminal.

Room Tip: I would go for a room either overlooking pool or higher up for the views.
1  Thank Tomeck
Reviewed March 31, 2014

Great location, let me state that I am a frequent visitor to Trinidad and always wanted to stay in the Hyatt. However the staff were lousy. The check in staff just refuse to upgrade the room said no, although it was not busy judging by the empty lobby and restaurant . It turns out the room bath door was broken. The food in the waterfront restaurant was not good should have dine out side the hotel. We were told there was a 15 wait for a table at 9pm and was directed to the bar for drinks ,a deliberate attempt for us to buy drinks we did not require as within 2 minutes after ordering the drinks the table was ready.
The waterfront breakfast staff were even worst as one of the server kept looking at us with a hostile look every time she passed by. No smiles or pleasantry from the am staff.
Please improve your staff as I will be coming back with family and friends.

1  Thank annasarranpersad
Reviewed March 30, 2014 via mobile

Let me first say that this is my first review of ANYTHING!! Lol, but my stay at the Hyatt Trinidad was so wonderful for my family and I, I felt that I needed to. The hotel is beautiful and the staff was so attentive to the needs of my family. My daughter is only a year and a half and she has just learned to say 'hi' and "bye" and she said this every morning to every person that she saw in the hotel, including the staff, EVERYONE from the hostesses to the chefs and waitresses took the time from what they were doing not only to greet her, but also entertain her!!! The bartender at the rooftop pool was excellent and the drinks were on point always. Loved breakfast every morning at the Waterfront, best omelets!! Great 7 day stay and I will definitely be back!!!!

Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Rene G
Reviewed March 30, 2014

I do not normally stay in expensive chain hotels, but I'm glad I stayed at the Hyatt in Port of Spain this time. It's everything you can expect from such a hotel, and a little more, especially the quality and friendliness of the staff. Plenty smiles, and they don't look artificial. "Almost Oriental", said a colleague, referring to the service, and he was right.

Reviewed March 28, 2014 via mobile

Coming from Hyatt, this is one of the best properties I have ever frequented. The staff is impeccable- thank you Akil and Aneil especially and Kelly-Ann, you made our stay so lovely. We will definitely stay at this property again and only when we visit Trinidad. This establishment and employees makes me very Proud of the Hyatt brand and name.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 27, 2014

This hotel is the best Hyatt regency hotel ever! What made it even more special was the 2 best agents at the front desk that wee dealt with Akil C. and Aneil. The best employees you have. First class service with a smile. I would definitely come back. We work for JetBlue and this type of service is beyond exceptional.

Last but not least..... Kudos to all your lobby staff from the ones that served us champagne as soon as we arrived... To the valet guys and the the lovely lady that greeted us in the bobby and offered to walk us to the front desk we didn't quite get her name.... Well we did get her name but we were too excited and having fun here in Port Of Spain that we forgot our minds behind.

But please give recognition to those shining stars... At the front desk.

From: Jonathon and Alexandra
New Jersey US.

Room Tip: I haven't experienced many of them but the one we had was a balcony over loving the river! Was a...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
D' Coconut Cove Holiday Beach Resort
Acajou Hotel
Acajou Hotel
#1 of 2 in Grande Riviere

Been to Hyatt Regency Trinidad? Share your experiences!