“Beautiful Hotel & Amazing Service”

Hyatt Regency Trinidad
Ranked #2 of 21 Hotels in Port of Spain
Reviewed September 3, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for business in August. The hotel itself is very modern and new. The staff provide 5 star service and make you feel welcomed and special. The sushi bar has great sushi and the regular restaurant has a very nice breakfast buffet on the weekends. They also feature a lunch salad bar which was excellent. The sit down dinner has excellent food as well and they prepare fresh made bread served hot to your table. This hotel is close to the main plaza (within 1 block.) so you can walk around during the day safely.

Room Tip: The corner rooms have balconies. The city view is actually very nice.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

Excellent business hotel that allows you to have good relaxation when needed. Has a very good spa which you will definitely want to return to, an infinity pool on the 4th floor that has good lounge chairs for relaxation with a bar and grill. There is also a good gym on 3rd floor. Meeting facilities are top notch and very modern. In evenings there is always a buzz in the hotel lobby and outside seating is very relaxing.

Reviewed September 2, 2013

Simple, if it's Trinidad it's the Hyatt. The staff's attention to detail was superb. Stayed for a week and was pleasantly surprised. For me it's the simple things. The staff calling you by name. My son's sneakers was untied an attendant raced over and volunteered to tie it for him as we all had our hands tied up with luggage. The valet attendants were on time and really friendly. My wife broke her flatiron and we thought this would be disastrous as it would make us late for dinner. We called the desk and within a few minutes we were loaned one. I can go on and on. I stayed at the Four Seasons in Wyoming a few months prior to this stay. Heytheir service really ain't got anything on the Hyatt. It's just far more expensive.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed September 2, 2013

Stayed here for the second time this year. When checking in I was asked if I wanted an ocean view and was given a 3pm late check out for no extra charge and a glass of wine whilst I checked in. Great start. For our evening meal we sat outside by the BBQ and were served more food than we could eat! I went to bed looking at the lights across the ocean and woke to a lovely ocean view. Breakfast was excellent and checkout quick and accurate. We had a friendly taxi driver to and from the airport (unfortunately only stayed one night). I don't think I was the only one who found the key card in the lift difficult though. Thumbs up too for Carribean Airways, good service, dated entertainment system though, take books, kindle or ipad!

Room Tip: Ocean View
Reviewed August 30, 2013 via mobile

Stayed for a weekend on business. Spacious hotel located on quayside. I remained in hotel for much of the time and enjoyed its facilities. It is comfortable and clean and luxurious as business hotels go. The staff were really welcoming and were as ever in hotels the difference between a good stay and a great stay. My taxi driver told me the Hyatt is now considered the best hotel in Port of Spain and on my experience I would say he is right.

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed August 28, 2013

Well let me start by saying I am one for customer service....and that is exactly what I got at the Hyatt....From the moment we checked in we were escorted to the Spa, might I say I am already thinking about going back. The service is by far the BEST Trinidad has to offer. I surprised my husband with a couples massage/facial/pedicure and we were booked in a suite just for couples....It was relaxing and a great start to our weekend celebration. By the time we got to our room there were rose petals and Hyatt chocolates waiting on the bed with balloons and all.......I'm impressed yet again.....even a card personalized by guest services welcoming us.....damn they are good!!! But the best was yet to come......a knock on the door and voila.. cake with "Happy Anniversary", chocolate truffles, and sparkling wine.....ok I'm dumbfounded.... and no I do not know anyone working there!!! hahaha
To the Hyatt staff/ management.....I am glad that I chose you to spend my weekend celebrating my anniversary...you are simply the best when it comes to the value of a guest, kudos to the manager and his team....job well done...I only have one regret, and that is not staying longer!!!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 26, 2013

My boyfriend, a native Trinidadian, brought me here to show me his homeland. This hotel is gorgeous. The pool is breathtaking and the outdoor eating experience is fantastic. It has a great location and the breakfast is fantastic. The service is outstanding as well. It's a great place to stay for couples. I highly recommend it. It's important to note that they do charge for Internet access and breakfast is not complimentary --but it is worth each penny. Judging from the other hotels I saw in Trinidad, this place is the best!

Room Tip: A room on the top floor gives a breathtaking view.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
D' Coconut Cove Holiday Beach Resort
Acajou Hotel
Acajou Hotel
#1 of 2 in Grande Riviere

Been to Hyatt Regency Trinidad? Share your experiences!