“Splendid Stay”

Hyatt Regency Trinidad
Ranked #2 of 21 Hotels in Port of Spain
Reviewed July 18, 2013

On entering the lobby I felt like I was transported into another world. The staff were eager to please and overall service was exceptional. My room was spacious, immaculate and very modern. Everything that I needed was already included in the room. The telephone call welcoming me to the Hyatt was a nice touch. The view from the room as well as the pool was incredible. The breakfast was enjoyable although a bit pricey. There was wifi in the rooms but you have to pay a fee to access it. All in all this was one of the best hotels I've stayed at and I will definitely be back

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank warrriorking
Write a ReviewReviews (2,304)

Reviewed July 15, 2013

This hotel is really nice. I spent 6 days there and the service is stunning. I will highly recommend this beautiful place to my friends. The food is also very good and you can see and taste the trini flavor around you. My only negative remark will be the frontdesk staff. I really think that they need to communicates among them or leave the infos for the person taking the shift right after. I really annoying repeating the same thing 10 times. But otherwise i defenatly will return anytime.

Room Tip: the ocean view is stunning
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank gdumel
Reviewed July 15, 2013

We stayed here for 5 days recently whilst watching the Cricket Tri Series.

The hotel is 100% a 5 star hotel. The pool area has stunning views and the open lobby seating area outside the hotel was a lovely place to relax in. At the time we stayed the hotel was at full occupancy but this did not phase the staff in the slightest. They were always happy to help and always polite.

The only negative I would have was once people form outside the hotel realised the cricket teams were staying there they would "hang out" in the lobby waiting for the players to pass for autographs and photos. This made me feel very uncomfortable so I could only imagine how the players felt.

Apart from that, I would recommend this hotel to everyone!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank RinksB
Reviewed July 14, 2013

This hotel truly is a five star hotel, especially for the Caribbean outside of a "resort".

1. Service: The hotel staff were exceptionally accommodating. I stayed there during an "economic development summit" that had the hotel at 100% capacity. Nonetheless, all the staff efficiently answered any queries and were genuinely welcoming.

2. Food: The hotel restaurant is excellent. The Sunday brunch was great, with a mixture of local Trini food and international cuisine.

3. Rooms: The rooms were very modern with an exceptionally comfortable bed. As I was there on business, the desk are was comfortable, spacious, and the speed of the wifi internet was excellent.

4. Cleanliness: excellent.

Overall, my experience at the Hyatt was excellent. I will definitely go back.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed July 9, 2013

Recently stayed in the Hyatt Regency Trinidad, June 2013

I am again overwhelmed by the genuine service of all of the staff. My cousin wanted me to stay in a little B&B in the south of Trinidad, I said, "I will only come if I can stay at the Hyatt Regency, Trinidad." He stayed in the B&B.

After arriving in the Hotel Car, we were spotted by the staff and checked in very quickly.

Pay the extra for the Regency Club, it's well worth it, they all pamper you so much that I had to extend my stay in the hotel.

Operations Assistant: Came to welcome me as well as Mr. Tucker the Assistant General Manager, who also gave a very nice welcome; when I left the hotel, Sabrina was waving good bye, by the hotel car. She is a wonderful person most people never meet. Thanks Sabrina, you are the BEST at what you do...!~!!

The deluxe room was very nice and had a balcony, beautiful views of POS and the sea.

We were given a turn down service, which was very nice and done by Mr. Eustus Lewis and his team. On the third night he called to find out if all was just how I liked it, then he shocked me by saying: "There must be a reason why you keep coming back
to the Hyatt in Trinidad, therefore, I am going to do my personal best to make you satisfied." Who says that, this really made me happy!!! He truly has the gift of service. Congrats sir.

Bell men:
On the days I would go shopping, they always sent my shopping
up to my room. They always have a smile and always so welcoming... Well done.

Security Guard mention:
For the first time: I would mention the security guards. They are always there, they do not get in anyones way, but one feels
very safe with them around, well done. Difficult job to be there but not there... They do it well..

Regency Club:
Mr. Gerald and Kyprita and the other lovely ladies and staff at the Regency Club, Inc. Mr. Nicholas Lewis Team Leader, are the heart beat of the hotel, in my opinion, for personal discrete service: choose the Regency Club, always..

What more can I say, This Hyatt Rocks!!! Still No 1 in my eyes, even after visiting so many Hyatt Properties. But I must quickly add, Hyatt Regency's
around the world are very impressive, esp. the Far East: India's: Hyatt Regency's, Pune, Delhi and Mumbai and Hyatt Manila, very highly respected, in my eyes!!! Then Cologne in Germany, nice.

If you are going to Trinidad, there is only one address to be considered: The Hyatt Regency, every time.

Dr. Rudolph Sinclair
Grenada

Room Tip: In my opinion the higher floors facing the sea are my favourite: Might have an extra charge but wor...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank CoolrunningsGrenada
Reviewed July 7, 2013

Stayed here 4 years ago. It still is a great hotel, not just for Port of Spain, but in general. Very nice staff, good food, amazing breakfast and very secure (sadly, a must for POS). The rooms are spacious, clean, with free wifi.

Room Tip: High floors for better views.City views are particularly nice.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
8  Thank DutchTree
Reviewed July 3, 2013

I'm not usually moved to write a review of a hotel because, let's face it, once you go to sleep they all look the same -- but there is so much to this hotel that sets it apart.

This hotel has one of the best gyms I've ever seen, and it certainly has the best, most comfortable bed I've ever slept in. And while other hotels may have good service, here it was exceptional. The hosts and servers don't just take your seat and take your order, they seem to take a genuine interest in you. Especially since I often travel alone, I really appreciated the conversations I had with the staff and the opportunity to learn a little about the individuals.

I noticed they stopped at other people's tables and chatted, so kudos to the management for giving their staff the latitude to do that and instilling an entire culture of friendliness.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of the waterfront!
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
D' Coconut Cove Holiday Beach Resort
Cara Suites
Cara Suites
#1 of 1 in Claxton Bay

Been to Hyatt Regency Trinidad? Share your experiences!