Hyatt Regency Trinidad
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
Copper Kettle Hotel(Port of Spain)
View Hotel
Forty Winks Inn(Port of Spain)
  • Pool
The Carlton Savannah(Port of Spain)
View Hotel
Kapok Hotel(Port of Spain)
View Hotel
The Chancellor Hotel(Port of Spain)
2,338 results
All reviewsinfinity poolwaterfront restaurantsea viewglass showersushirain showercustomer servicebreakfast buffet isbusiness tripbusiness hotellobby bartrinidadportspainshipsgymgulf
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 25, 2013

My first stay at the Hyatt in Trinidad was two years ago. I had a broken foot and was wearing a cast. Immediately as the vehicle drove up to the entrance and the door men realized I was wearing a cast one of them quickly brought me a wheel chair. The check in was done in the lounge area (I didn't have to wait at the check in counter), I was greeted with a cool drink and was immediately taken up to my room. But that was not all, I was assigned someone who checked on me constantly, took me down to breakfast every morning where there was a special table waiting for me with someone assigned to serve me. I was there for a four-day meeting and I was treated like royalty. To top it off, when I returned home the person who was assigned to me called to ensure that I reached home safely.

The breakfast buffet is very good and so are the restaurants and bar. The staff is very courteous, friendly and helpful. Since my first visit two years ago this is where I stay whenever I am in Trinidad. I was last there in April of the is year and was not disappointed.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed May 24, 2013

I stayed here for 2 weeks in May 2013. By FAR the best service I've had at any hotel that I've been to anywhere in the world. Rooms are spacious and comfortable. The staff is very helpful and efficient and the best I've been around. In fact I felt like family staying there. I believe about 15 of the staff were calling me by name after the first week. Also, the pool is great. On the 4th floor overlooking the bay but spacious and comfortable. Food at the hotel was also very good. Only complaint was that the music/singing out on the back patio was too loud and it made it difficult to talk to co workers.

Room Tip: If you pay a little more you can get a room with a balcony overlooking the pool. Better view than looking out over the city or looking out at the tankers in the bay.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed May 24, 2013

Just got back from TT and we stayed at the Hyatt. Our decision was based on the online reviews and must say we were not disappointed! Absolutely fantastic service from the get go! Beautiful hotel and was worth every cent! We enjoyed the restaurant and please check out Michael and Keisha...they were the best servers.....served us with loads of humor and smiles which must say it was very entertaining and refreshing. We used most of the services offered, the valet guys were prompt and very friendly. We are already planning our next trip! Ocean view rooms are a must!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 23, 2013

We had a very brief time to enjoy Trinidad. We stayed at the Hyatt, which is a very nice hotel with good service and a good pool area. We only ate there once since the food was not local, and was quite pricey for mostly ordinary continental food.

The high point of our trip was a tour by the hotel's official tour company, Banwari. We arranged a private tour with Andrew, who was amazingly well informed on all local matters from which is the best doubles stand to politics to flora and fauna. He is well-known and liked in the various communities that we passed through, so we were able to experience things that we would not otherwise have had access to. The tour lasted all day, and was very reasonably priced. They do a lot of different tours, and we were able to choose the things we wanted to do. We started at a couple of doubles stands, then we went through the mountains, hiked to a waterfall, then had bake and shark on the beach. I would highly recommend booking a tour even if you know the island well - it was not expensive, we didn't have to drive, and it was easy and worry-free.

We enjoyed great street food all weekend in the form of lots of doubles, as well as going to the Savannah for a variety of different types of food from various carts.

Although it was short, this trip is one of our favourites and we hope to be back soon for a longer trip and definitely another excellent tour.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 21, 2013

Everything is good here. Marvelous location. Rooms are large (the best with odd numbers - ocean view) and comfortable. The gym, although with not so modern equipment, is well maintained. The restaurant offers first quality breakfast and lunch buffets. Room service is good. The best of all is the staff, friendly and efficient. If I return to Trinidad, I will definitely stay at this hotel again.

Room Tip: Rooms with odd numbers (ocean view) are the best.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business