I stayed at this hotel for six nights and I really couldn't find a single thing wrong with it and that is a first for me. The hotel is right on the city's waterfront and is just a few minutes walk into the town and without traffic about 20 minutes from the airport.
Bell and front staff were all friendly and helpful. Lines were short every time I went there so check in and check out were easy.
The hotel is fairly new so the rooms are in excellent condition. The rooms were designed with business in mind - you have enough plugs, working space and lighting to work either at the desk or easy chair. It is a modern style room so the shower stall is in the middle of the room which might be a bit strange if you are sharing with a colleague rather than a family member although because of frosted glass you really can't see the person showering. Rooms are very quiet - you hear very little from outside and you certainly don't hear the thumping from rooms above.
Breakfast came with my room and the buffet had a good variety of foods - hot and cold. The service was outstanding - I was always greeted with warm and genuinely friendly hostesses who escorted me to my seat. Service of coffee and juice was quick and I rarely had to ask for a refill since they were around to top up. Room service was also very good.
There is a deli right outside of the restaurant with a nice range of hot and cold food items - a bit pricey but good.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hyatt Regency Trinidad is a high rise hotel at the Port of Spain International Waterfront Development along the waterfront of Trinidad and Tobago's capital city. This 423-room hotel offers contemporary style and a comfortable luxury for Trinidad visitors. Featured in the design is a 16,000-square-foot Grand Ballroom, a 10,000 square-foot multipurpose facility and twelve smaller meeting rooms including two boardrooms. In addition, guests can enjoy a 9,000 square-foot spa with en suite facilities and a serene rooftop infinity pool and terrace with beautiful views of the Gulf of Paria and provides a relaxing escape for business travelers. Dining options range from a fine-dining restaurant, 24 hour café, sushi bar, lobby lounge and bar, in-room dining and poolside bar. Currently the hotel is undergoing a refurbishment. There is limited access to some areas but all amenities are available. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Travelocity, Expedia, Booking.com, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Hotels.com, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Hotwire, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hyatt Regency Trinidad reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Regency Trinidad Hotel Port Of Spain
- Hyatt Regency Hotel Trinidad
- Hyatt Port Of Spain
- Port Of Spain Hyatt
- Hyatt Regency Trinidad Port Of Spain