Hyatt Regency Trinidad
Kapok Hotel(Port of Spain)
$149
$133
Hotels.com
$185
$145
  • Pool
Forty Winks Inn(Port of Spain)
$109
Palm's Hotel Trinidad(Port of Spain)
$86
$139
$138
Travelocity
The Chancellor Hotel(Port of Spain)
$139
$135
$117
$100
$86
  • Breakfast included
Sundeck Suites(Port of Spain)
$88
  • Restaurant
2,339 results
All reviewsinfinity poolwaterfront restaurantsea viewglass showersushirain showercustomer servicebreakfast buffet isbusiness tripbusiness hotellobby bartrinidadportspainshipsgymgulf
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 25, 2012

The rooms were fabulous it was clean I just loved the waterfall shower. I love the security they have with the elevator. The buffet for breakfast was really great and the staff very friendly. If I had to say one little negative thing it would be that I developed a headache and didn't have any headache medication and I went to the little store there and they didn't carry any pain killers at all which I found strange. The rooftop infinity pool was very nice and we were very lucky to receive and invite from the manager for cocktails one evening pool side. Aside from the pain killer issue (I make sure I have them with me) I would definitely go back.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed May 21, 2012

Truly a fantastic hotel. Great location, walking distance from Brian Lara Promenade, close to Ariapita Ave. Queens Park Oval. Big comfortable bed, beautiful shower where you can still watch tv and an amazing swimming pool. Restaurants way overpriced by Port of Spain standards is the only negative. Don't use hotel taxis as local taxis are much cheaper.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on a higher floor to take advantage of the great views.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed May 20, 2012

granted, we only stayed for one night and we went out on that night, from the time our car door opened until we walked out of the door we were treated by nothing but the very best service. we got a complimentary drink when we got there. everything was explained to us. when we were taken to our room we were told everything about the hotel from pool hours to emergency exits. were offered a tour of the room. the best part is that we are locals and were treated like foreign tourists

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 20, 2012

Standard "Regency" level with good service, it's the best hotel you can find in Port of Spain (Trinidad). Overlooking the sea (but it's a commercial harbor, forget any idea of Caribbean beach. Rooms are average, view is nice, restaurant (The Waterfront) serves ordinary international cuisine at high prices and slow service.

Go there if you really must go to Trinidad.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Mau-travel
Reviewed May 12, 2012

I have just had the best hotel experience of my life! When it comes to service, nothing can compare to the Hyatt Regency Port of Spain Trinidad. I booked the hotel thru Priceline and got a good rate. I knew that according to Priceline, this was the best rated hotel in Trinidad. From the moment I pulled up to the front, my doors were opened, I was welcomed warmly by the handsome bellmen and a glass of champagne was placed in my and my companions hand. We felt so welcomed and like royalty. We had the delightful pleasure of checking in with Akil. He is so warm and welcoming. He went above and beyond to accomodate our requests and began our stay on the right foot. Yusef took care of our luggage. He was so adorable! I have never had such a thorough bellman in my life! He got ice for my bucket, hung up my jackets in the closet, explained every feature of my room all down to the fire detector. We were in awe! My companion is a former hotel manager and never experience a bellman like this! We had one issue. We called down to the conscierge for information and was given the wrong info. This resulted in wasted money. We went to the front desk when we got back and spoke to Sterling. He immediated went into action to find a way to accomodate us with the wasted money and time. His manager Nicholas came to the rescue and went WAY ABOVE AND BEYOND! He said the motto of the Hyatt is to always go above and beyond for their clients and we should expect the same treatment at any Hyatt we visit. The Hyatt has won my loyalty because of this. Thoughout my stay we only came into contact with amazing service people from OMA, my room attendent, Kevin who is in the pool area who also went out of his way to accomodate what I wanted and Nadine, my waitress at the Waterfront restaurant, was so knowledgable and friendly that she made my morning everyday. I haven't even begun to explain how sexy the room was! Shower in the middle of the bedroom with the rain showerhead, balcony with views of the ocean and the city and the most amazing king size bed which engulfed us. I have never written such a review for anything but I just checked out today and felt like I had to let you and them know how wonderful this hotel experience was. Thank you and I will be back! My only suggestions for improvements: option of internet as complimentary in the lobby, the pool area needs a better food menu (at the pool, most americans like finger food, such as wings, french fries, nachos etc) and have the pepper sauce that you offer in the restaurant for sale!

Room Tip: Balcony with ocean view!
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple