“Just drinks n a quick nibble”

Zanzibar Restaurant
Ranked #19 of 165 Restaurants in Port of Spain
Cuisines: Italian, Seafood
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Los Angeles, California
“Just drinks n a quick nibble”
Reviewed October 14, 2013 via mobile

My friend n I got a nice table but the place was so crowded we had to wait almost 20mins for our first drink. Food was on time though & tasted great as usual... No fuss here

Trinidad
“Poor service...last visit I think”
Reviewed October 7, 2013

Table of 12 to celebrate a birthday on a very quiet Sunday. One server for the table and three of the first menu options were not available, so re-ordered.
The kid's meal never came so my hungry 4 year old daughter waited in vain. When food finally started to arrive after about 30 mins, garlic bread and fires came first...no saucers. The first entrée made its way over about 10 mins later (by which time the fries and garlic bread were cold). The last entrée arrived at the table 20 mins after the first one. The bottled water we ordered after we got soda instead of regular water, arrived after the entrees.
This is while looking at three servers bringing food for the table of 5 people. Zanzi , you used to be my fav but I think this is the last time you are seeing me!!

• Visited October 2013
Trinidad
“Wide variety to choose from”
Reviewed September 30, 2013

From appetizers to dessert.......scrumptious!!!! The pricing is competitive and the service is not bad. For lunch or dining, this is a must try if you have never been.

Visited September 2013
London, United Kingdom
“Great drinks but very pricey service charge!!”
Reviewed September 23, 2013 via mobile

The atmosphere was great! You had the choice of sitting inside or out. Drinks were great. Food choice was limited so we didn't have much and we wouldn't mind paying the big service charge if the service was great!! I suppose you can't have everything!!!

• Visited September 2013
Trinidad
“Excellent but then again”
Reviewed August 16, 2013

Zanzibar was a wonderful experience. Food tasted real good and service was good. We had a wonderful evening until my daughter wanted to use the washroom.
The washrooms were occupied so my daughter and I waited. After a while, one washroom was free. To my amazement, it was occupied by an employee. What was so amazing about that, the employee NEVER washed her hands.
Not acceptable. What if she handled my food.

• Visited July 2013