Thanna's Place
Kapok Hotel(Port of Spain)
$145
$127
$184
Courtyard
$117
Tony's Guest House(Port of Spain)(Great Value!)
$60
$54
$193
$164
  • Pool
Hyatt Regency Trinidad(Port of Spain)
$193
$169
Hyatt.com
Melbourne Inn(Port of Spain)
$55
Forty Winks Inn(Port of Spain)
$105
Culture Crossroads Inn(Port of Spain)
$95
$109
$100
Hotels.com
All reviewshome away from homeevery morningbed and breakfastcorner storealarm clockcricket groundyogurtbotanical gardenssavannah parkthaisbaymontkerncarnivalabbytrinidadzooguesthouse
Reviewed November 6, 2013

Wanted to try out the BB experience - it was nice enough. Had a nice short stay with my wife and daughter while in Port of Spain for a meeting. Booking was quite easy except that it was via a money order and not credit card, but the host responded on time via email and phone. The rooms were comfortable and clean. There was a fridge in my room, but I suspect not in all the rooms. Hot and cold shower, cable television, warm host, and nice breakfast. The place is located in a residential environment and seems safe. Parking was on the road in front of Thannas which had me concerned a bit, but I suffered no losses and had no damages. Don't think there will be a lot of parking space if there are several guests with vehicles.

Location is ok as it is close to the downtown area, though I wouldn't say walking distance.

Overall I enjoyed my stay, and I must say Anna is quite a nice host that seems to take time to pay attention to the small details.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank krazy_doctor
Reviewed October 14, 2013

I wanted the B and B experience- you know, personal and comfortable and I got it at Thanna's- nice welcoming hugs were included :).

Anna and her family provided a clean and safe environment from which to enjoy Trinidad. I stayed with my brothers and we enjoyed the close proximity to downtown as we had business there.

Anna makes a delicious breakfast and the hot and cold station in the communal kitchen are a nice convenience. Our beds were very comfortable and the AC was vital for the record heat during our stay. Anna even put up black-out curtains for me when I mentioned the light in the morning. I also feared mold in the property due to humidity so before I arrived Anna had a service come in to check for mold (there was none) but she still paid for preventative treatment as due diligence. I had no difficulty with my allergy to mold.

We had a wonderful stay and would return in heartbeat. This venue is perfect for those who want a family style stay. Thank you so much Anna and family!!

Room Tip: All rooms are good and some share a bathroom.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed September 14, 2013

When we settled into Thanna's this week for our stay our 23 year old son said "I can see why Thanna's gets such a high rating on Trip Advisor". It's no accident. The rooms and facilities are spotless and the owners go way out of their way to assist their guests. Anna even offered us a refund because they have a special on now that they didn't have when we booked. How many people do you meet in the hospitality industry with that kind of integrity? If you're looking for a WORRY-FREE STAY where you can trust that the accommodations will be excellent, run by people who are also highly trustworthy, you'll really enjoy Thanna's.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Peter B
Reviewed September 12, 2013

I needed an affordable romantic getaway in Trinidad ... I chose Thanna's online. I did not regret it. Great service, really clean place, sumptuous meals ... and the Camps? So cool ... I will dffinitely go there again!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Arleen W
Reviewed August 30, 2013

Sadly I only stayed one night here, and frankly it was a privilege to do so. The place has everything you want - it's lovely, it's clean, the beds are comfortable, the wifi is good. But more than that is the kindness of the owner, Anna. To begin with she stayed up late to make me a cup of tea and settle me in after I arrived from New York. Then she cooked me a special breakfast because she knew I was a foodie, and it was terrific (see photo). Lastly she's helping me get something I left at another hotel in Tobago. I couldn't conceive of staying anywhere else when I return (which I'm certain I will), and I'm sure you won't regret staying here either.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo