“Don't stay anywhere else”

Thanna's Place, Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #5 of 42 Port of Spain B&B and Inns
New Zealand
“Don't stay anywhere else”
Reviewed August 30, 2013

Sadly I only stayed one night here, and frankly it was a privilege to do so. The place has everything you want - it's lovely, it's clean, the beds are comfortable, the wifi is good. But more than that is the kindness of the owner, Anna. To begin with she stayed up late to make me a cup of tea and settle me in after I arrived from New York. Then she cooked me a special breakfast because she knew I was a foodie, and it was terrific (see photo). Lastly she's helping me get something I left at another hotel in Tobago. I couldn't conceive of staying anywhere else when I return (which I'm certain I will), and I'm sure you won't regret staying here either.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
3 Thank mealadvisor

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed July 14, 2013

Our trip to the Port of Spain has been a memorable one! Just got back from Trinidad and we are really missing the hospitality and our room at Thanna's Place! Mrs Anna Camps was a very helpful and loving lady who made our stay a comforting one. The room was excellent, clean and spacey, also would like to mention access to internet through wifi was really handy! Me and my husband are both vegetarians (no fish or eggs) and Anna made us the most delicious veggie breakfast with a continental twist! Our trip to the Port of Spain was mainly to go to watch a couple of Tri-Series cricket matches held this Summer, Anna had organized a taxi to the cricket stadium, also gave us information on touring Trinidad and also organized a taxi returning back to the airport, all this was extremely helpful and made our trip less stressful. Definiately a place to stay when in the Port of Spain, we hope to pay a visit again soon!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Priti55
Oakville, Canada
Reviewed July 7, 2013

Its proprietress, Mrs. Anna Camps, is a charming,pleasant, always helpful motherly person. It is located five minutes away from the savannah-reputedly the world's largest public park-a favourite for joggers and walkers doing its circuit. The savannah is also the location for the start of Trinidad's glorious annual carnival. You can hail a taxi passing outside Thanna's Place and be taken down Charlotte Street into the heart of Port-of-Spain for only $3TT. For trips to and from Piarco airport,or to any destination, Thanna's will arrange for you to be picked up by Mr. Omar Mohammed, who is both a taxi driver and a certified tour guide.He is a young,enterprising, gentle, courteous, honest, and soft-spoken guy. His phone number is 1-868-737-4422.Was it worth staying at Thanna's Place? absolutely! would I go again? I sure would! Its rates were certainly very reasonable for what its amenities and security.

Room Tip: Discuss it with Mrs, Camps. My room met my needs, private bath, air conditioning, and comfortable m...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
4 Thank Kenneth A
campoac, Owner at Thanna's Place, Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, July 12, 2013
We at Thanna's just love to know that our guests are happy with their accommodation choice. We thank you for taking your time to write this review and we do appreciate the comments. We have realised the tips and comments come in quite handy to prospective guests. All the best to you and we hope you would give us the opportunity to host you again.
South, Trinidad
Reviewed July 6, 2013

I've stayed at many guest houses and bed and breakfasts in and around Port of Spain but by far this has to be the best. Not only was it clean, private and comfortable, the hostess Anna and her daughter Thais were friendly and extremely accommodating.

I felt like i was a member of the family, i was never rushed for breakfast, whatever time i got up there was a note and instructions to call Anna who ensured that my meal was fresh and always delicious. To top it off breakfast was fantastic everyday, something new always awaited me.

I left Thanna's very rested, happier and a few pounds heavier. I highly recommend this place and do look forward if i can get a space(lol) to visit again. Truly wonderful experience.

Room Tip: i choose the room in the picture, it is just as it looks, king size-bed excellent for a couple or an...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
It is always a pleasure having our Trinbagonian family with us. We try to provide a getaway that is homely yet with a degree of privacy, 'call us when you need us'.
Your comments are much appreciated and know that you can consider Thanna's your Port of Spain home. We look forward to spoiling you again. Best of wishes to you and family.
Oakland, California
Reviewed June 19, 2013

We arranged for Thanna's to pick us up on our arrival in POS, and from then on everything about Thanna's was friendly, comfortable and accommodating. We were traveling with our 2-year-old daughter, and Anna went out of her way to make sure we had a crib, a good room location, delicious breakfast, etc. She was a smiling and gracious presence throughout our stay (and followed up with nice emailed photos. We walked everywhere - to good food, the center of town, a playground. Highly recommended.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Jennie M
campoac, Owner at Thanna's Place, Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, June 21, 2013
We appreciate your taking the time to let us know how much you valued our service. It is always a pleasure to see families enjoy their Trini home. We are thankful for your comments as we strive to make Thannas as warm, comfortable and welcoming as we possibly can. We wish you all the best and do hope to see you again.
ny
Reviewed May 8, 2013

What a pleaseant stay.....all things needed when away are right here at Thannas..........Great location, great breakfast (other bb in trini need to take a lesson from Thanna), great rooms, wifi, and safe....certainly enjoyed my stay, and encourage everyone in pos to stay by Thannas!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank shine2345
Georgetown, Guyana
Reviewed May 8, 2013

Having learnt about Tjhanna's Place via tripadvisor, I was impressed with the simplicity of this bed and breakfast facility, and most particularly with the reviews of persons who had experienced the services being offered there. My initial correspondence to Thanna's Place was met with a very warm response from Anna, the head of the family that operates this family run business. From there onwards, the experience of me and my spouse was most enjoyable. The commitment to standards, affection, ease and joy witch is displayed by Anna, Thais (Anna's daughter) and Charles (Thais's husband) will; forever remain in our hearts. The room was very comfortable and we were able to sleep throughout the night, something which I had been unable to do even in 5 star hotels in other countries. Breakfast was prepared and served alternately personally by Anna and Thais. Admirably, the kitchenette of this facility is open to guests 24 hours a day and offers complementary tea and coffee. Further, Thais went out of her way one night to drops us off at TGI pro bono when we had a difficult time to get a taxi. Thank you Anna, Thais and Charles. We have already decided that we will stay nowhere else but Thanna's Place on our next visit to Trinidad.

Room Tip: Room No. 4
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Forty Winks Inn
Forty Winks Inn
#3 of 21 in Port of Spain
D' Coconut Cove Holiday Beach Resort

Been to Thanna's Place, Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!