“You are better off paying a little extra for some real accomodations.”

Thanna's Place, Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #4 of 43 Port of Spain B&B and Inns
NY
“You are better off paying a little extra for some real accomodations.”
Reviewed July 24, 2012

No way is this place worth $110 per night. The rooms are like cubicles, and the bath rooms are smaller. No tub, no real ambiance, balcony overlooking anothe house, junkie surroundings. Not worth the money being asked.....accomodations not up to par...

Room Tip: Do not go there...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
4 Thank amas972
campoac, Owner at Thanna's Place, Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, August 3, 2012
We always appreciate our guests' comments for they help us to improve and cater more to their needs. However to clarify, our rates range between US$65 and US$85 per night double occupancy. We have different sizes of rooms and we try as far as possible to accommodate the individual requests/needs of our guests.
We are a B&B situated in the oldest suburb of the capital city with interesting narrow streets and many dated buildings. Therefore guests choosing us should expect such an ambiance or setting. So keep the comments flowing as we continue to provide clean and comfortable accommodation and personalized service in your 'Trini' home away from home.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Margarita Island, Venezuela
Reviewed July 19, 2012

I travel to different Caribbean Islands quite a bit. Having been around a lot, I can tell you that a stay at Thanna's is wonderful. I have stayed at Thanna's a couple of times and will be going back without hesitation!

Their driver, Omar, will wait for your flight, even if it's late. Everything is as advertised and the location is great. A very secure place and the neighborhood was friendly. Everyone at Thanna's is so accommodating and helpful, like family. Take a short walk to the park at night time to get some really good food.

Keep up the good work guys and expect company soon

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank T_V_O123
campoac, Owner at Thanna's Place, Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, August 30, 2012
It is such a pleasure to build great friendships with our guests. We really do thank you both for choosing Thanna's as your 'Trini Home'. And yes, it is a blessing to have him work with us. We are glad you are satisfied all around. Hopefully, we will see you'll soon!
Port of Spain, Trinidad
Reviewed July 15, 2012

We had a mission team of 6 people stay at thanna's place on the 7-14 / 7 / 2012, it was very good the place is clean and safe the rooms was very nice they made us felt like family anna and her daughter thais is good people they help in any way they could even donated things to our mission trip for the kid's. I pray that god will bless them and i will recommend this place to any one for business or pleasure .I am so mad we was so busy I for got to take photos i am so mad . THANKS ANNA AND THAIS

Room Tip: safe and clean
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Pearl M
Always exciting having a full house! A sincere thank you, to you and your group. We are glad you were able to accomplish your mission. We know it was a hectic time for you'll. I do hope you'll get to visit Trinidad again but with more free time so you can see the island! And if you're ever in town let us know!
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed May 15, 2012

my family and i was in Trinidad and stayed at the guest house, the comfort of the environment and the lay back atmosphere is to die for. it was very relaxing, the staff were there only when you needed them. I had access to a fully equip kitchen to cook my favourite food, the home is quite and private and definitely a place to be whenever you want to get away. i will surely go back.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Ajeen
campoac, Owner at Thanna's Place, Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, May 29, 2012
It is always a pleasure having families stay with us! We are happy you had time to relax, and take a break from the routines of life. You are all welcomed back any time!
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed May 8, 2012

I wan't expecting much when I first arrived at Thanna's B&B at midnight but Anna greeted us with such enthusiasm! I would really recommend this place for those who travel on a budget, misses home(sometimes), wants convenience. There's a little kitchen for you to prepare food if you are tired of food outside (hardly!). In short, I will definitely stay in the same place if back in Trinidad again ~ Cynthia from Singapore

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank CynthiaTan-Lim
campoac, Owner at Thanna's Place, Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, June 2, 2012
Such a pleasure to meet persons from such distant places. To exchange thoughts and cultures, to be able to share interesting facts of Trinidad. We are delighted that your stay was an enjoyable one. Please give us a call or drop us an email if you are ever back in 'Sweet Trini'!
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed May 2, 2012

I was on business in Port of Spain from May through August 2011 and was looking for a long-term place to stay. When inquiring at many different guesthouses throughout the area, it was easy to choose Thanna's. The owner, Anna, was responsive from the very beginning and promptly answered all of my questions and was quick to address any of my concerns. The reviews of Thanna's were good, and the rates that Thanna's was charging were excellent (compared to the nearly 2,000USD monthly rates of her competitors).

My only concern before I arrived was about the safety. I had heard that Belmont, the area of Port of Spain where Thanna's was located, was not particularly safe. However, Anna was quick to reassure me that Thanna's was in a safe part, and I was comforted to learn that Thanna's was gated, with two locked gates in addition to the lock on my individual room. Also, Anna and her family lived right next door, so if there were ever any problems, they would be close by.

As soon as I arrived, all of my worries disappeared. Anna was extremely friendly and welcoming. Her hospitality was especially touching considering her daughter had given birth on the very day that I arrived! Yet, she went out of her way to make me feel comfortable and to let me get oriented around the neighbourhood.

My room was small, but immaculate, and had everything I needed - a bed, linens, satellite television, and air conditionining. Since I was staying for a longer period, Anna even moved a desk inside so that I would have some working space. The washroom that I used was always clean, and I was given fresh linens whenever I needed. I was given a lockable cupboard in the communal kitchen to store pantry items, and I was invited to make use of the refrigerator for any of my groceries. The kitchen was equipped with everything that one might need, so it was easy to prepare meals for myself. I know that short term guests are treated to breakfast made by Anna in the morning.

Other common areas such as the dining area, sitting areas and garden were always clean and quiet, and I enjoyed making use of them. My only complaint - and it is a slight one - was that the internet was occasionally a little slow; however, during my stay (a year ago) I know Anna was making a business centre in the lower level of the guesthouse, so I expect that would have improved by now.

The location was perfect for me. It was a 10 minute walk for me to get to work. Thanna's is also a short 5 minute walk to the Queen's Park Savannah, a large park where people go jogging, where cricket is played and where many food stalls, concerts, and festivals are held. Surrounding the Savannah are a few good restaurants, a gym, and an arts and music hall where nice concerts can be seen. Thanna's is also relatively close to Woodbrook (a great spot for nightlife in Trinidad), which is about a 20 minute walk away.

Anna is also great at arranging any taxis or transportation that you might need. She is also very knowledgeable about Trinidad, and can make a number of suggestions for sightseeing. Thanks to her, I was able to join an exciting hiking and trekking group during my time in Port of Spain.

Best of all about Thanna's is that you really feel it is your home away from home. Anna and her family are always there to help and make you feel welcome. It was so nice to come home every day from work and see Anna and have a chat with her after a long day. She truly made my stay in Port of Spain an unforgettable one, and I would recommend Thanna's to anyone going to Trinidad - whether for a short trip or long stay. Thanks Anna!

Room Tip: Thanna's has a few different types of rooms - some with twin beds, some with double beds, some w...
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
4 Thank KEJS11
Prospect Park, NJ
Reviewed May 2, 2012

This is my first time in Trinidad. Staying at Thanna's Place was a very good decision I made. The place is very quiet and very clean. Anna and her daughter are so sweet to me. Places of interest are very close by and within walking distance. I highly recommend Thanna's Place for your home away from home stay.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
D' Coconut Cove Holiday Beach Resort
Forty Winks Inn
Forty Winks Inn
#3 of 21 in Port of Spain

Been to Thanna's Place, Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!