Thanna's Place
Kapok Hotel(Port of Spain)
$145
$127
Hotels.com
$184
Courtyard
Tony's Guest House(Port of Spain)(Great Value!)
$60
$54
The Inn at 87(Port of Spain)
$90
$193
$164
  • Pool
Hyatt Regency Trinidad(Port of Spain)
$193
$169
Hyatt.com
Culture Crossroads Inn(Port of Spain)
$95
Hotels.com
$117
$104
Travelocity
Forty Winks Inn(Port of Spain)
$105
$93
Orbitz.com
Melbourne Inn(Port of Spain)
$55
$45
All reviewshome away from homeevery morningbed and breakfastcorner storealarm clockcricket groundyogurtbotanical gardenssavannah parkthaisbaymontkerncarnivalabbytrinidadzooguesthouse
Reviewed November 10, 2011

After reading positive reviews on Tripadvisor we booked four nights at Thanna's Place. Thais and her Mom, Anna, run this lovely bed and breakfast. Though Anna was travelling and unable to provide a full breakfast, our in-room fridge had an assortment of yogurt and fruit juices. They also provided fresh watermelon and bananas and a loaf of bread and butter that we were able to toast in the fully equipped communal kitchen/dining room. Instant coffee, cocoa and tea was also available.

The rooms are cheerfully decorated and we had one with a private bath. The location is near Queens Park, perfect for a nice walk. The neighborhood has shops, bars, bakeries and small restaurants steps away. We also discovered a guy selling "doubles", a national chickpea pita type dish that is eaten mostly for breakfast, two short blocks away...yummy!

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank beachluv2005
Reviewed October 7, 2011

The facilities at Thanna's are not luxurious nor fancy, but if that is what you're looking for you can stay at the Hyatt and pay a lot more. We tried Thanna's because of the good reviews we saw on Trip Advisor and we were not disappointed. It met or exceed our hopes and expectations. Most outstanding was the cleanliness of the place and the warmth and helpfulness of the host family. We will stay there again.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with friends
3  Thank Peter B
Reviewed August 30, 2011

We enjoyed our stay because it felt like our home. Our breakfast was ready on a morning and I never had to cook because the savannah was a five minute walk with lots of food stalls that had local and foreign food at reasonable prices. My 14 year old was very happy the internet cafe' was about a minute walk across the street where she felt safe. I did not have to worry about my laundry because I got it done right there at Thanna's , which I highly recommend when traveling with children. Carlene the house keeper was very nice and trust worthy! Omar our driver was very professional (same as if having limo service & limo price). He was "ALWAYS" on time and knew "EXACTLY" where he was going and there was "ALWAYS" a sense of security with him around. At Thanna's you get your money's worth... Without false advertisement.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank RobertoTrees
Reviewed July 10, 2011

Anna is undoubtedly the loveliest hostel owner I've ever encountered. I was there for a mere 1 night but she cared for me as though I was her family. The location is perfect, safe yet walking distance to town. Clean hostel, looked after with TLC. Why would anyone stay elsewhere?

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank citizen_1903
Reviewed June 9, 2011

From the moment I arrived at Thanna's Place I felt totally at home. Anna--well, there aren't enough superlatives to describe her. She's perfect, and she makes guest feel perfectly comfortable. Guests don’t have needs because Anna takes care of them before guests realize they have them! As one guest was getting into his taxi to leave, Anna came running out with a phone charger he’d left in the room.

Thanna’s Place is immaculate, thanks to Carlene’s housekeeping. My room exceeded expectation despite Anna’s having ascertained my needs prior to my arrival.The large cupboards held all my belongings with room to spare. I slept soundly every night for six weeks in that quiet room with its firm double bed. The spacious bath with shower was tiled, its windows screened. Anna kindly included a mini fridge and desk for me to work.

What makes Thanna's Place so special--besides Anna--is that guests live in a home, complete with washer/dryer and a large kitchen. Boiling and cold water, coffee, tea, cocoa and oatmeal are available 24/7. Guests in the breakfast area enjoy views of Trinidad's beautiful Northern Range above the rooftops. The Savannah is a five minute walk away. There guests can catch cheap taxis to downtown Port-of-Spain, or around five in the evening, join Trinis walking and jogging around the Savannah.

Every guest I met during my six-week stay had discovered Thanna’s Place on Trip Advisor, as did I. These guests were discriminating travelers who wanted clean, comfortable accommodation at a reasonable price, and a local experience. I met a cricket journalist from India, a young couple for whom Trinidad and Tobago was their umpteenth country visited, a young German businessman, a university student—all delightful people.

On my annual visits to Trinidad, I won’t be Googling accommodations any more, since Thanna’s Place is the only place for me.

Room Tip: Tell Anna when you're coming, what you need.
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business