“It's Beautiful”

Palm's Hotel Trinidad
Ranked #8 of 21 Hotels in Port of Spain
Reviewed November 8, 2010

The rooms are not very big but it's nice. I love the beds though, they are really comfortable. I like where it is located too because it is easy to get transport, and is close the airport and the mall.

Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Braveheartedos

Reviewed November 4, 2010

This hotel is smal but it is very convenient, clean, and comfortable. I go to Trinidad about 4 times a year and usually stay with family. I ended up staying at the hotel because my family had other guests and the house was too congested. A friend told us about the Palms and took us there to check out the place.

the rooms are VERY spacious and spotlessly clean. The rooms all come with complementary internet and cable. The hotel is located off the main road and is only about 30 mins away from port of spain, about 10 mins to the airport and 5 mins to Trincity mall. The bathrooms didn't have a bathtub but nicely tiled stand-up showers.

The staff were ok -- they just seemed kind of awkward. There was only one staff and a security guard. When u walk into the office they just kind of look at you with a cold stare -- there wasn't much greeting or anything but once you talked to them they were kind and very helpful.

One thing to consider is that the room did not have a security safe. Also, if you are going out they asked that you leave the key at the front, I was uncomfortable with this at first but nothing was ever missing or out of place when wer returned to the room.

The hotel provides continental breakfast in the mornings ( muffins, donuts, cookies, tea, coffee, toast, and cereal).

For me the only downsides were that the hotel doesn't have a pool or room service/other food service available after hours. We walked up to the junction to get local burgers, fried chicken, and french fries. For someone who isn't used to the area/ who is not a local this may not be safe or a good idea. if you are hungry late at night, try to order KFC from arouca junction, otherwise you wil lremain hungry until morning.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 29, 2010

I stayed at the Palms Hotel in Arouca, Trinidad at the end of August 2010. My friends and I travelled to Trinidad to attend a friend's wedding. This hotel's location is excellent! It's just a short taxi ride to the local mall, movie theatre, other stores, and the airport.

We got a deluxe room and it was very spacious, clean, and beautiful! There was a huge bathroom and we also had cable TV and a mini fridge. The hotel serves a basic breakfast consisting of coffee, tea, juice, toast, and muffins. Their breakfast selection could be better but overall, this hotel provides great service and value for your money.

The guy at the front desk was extremely helpful and even loaned us chargers for our iPods and cell phones (he had a stash of things in the "lost & found" that previous guests had left behind).

I would definitely stay at the Palms again!!!

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 10, 2010

Made a booking 3 weeks in advance. Arrived to find the booking misplaced and had to pay for and accept an upgraded room. This would be fine, except that it was very noisy, especially in the early hours of the morning.
The room itself was clean and well supplied. The advertised WiFi does not work and you have to instead log into an unsecured netwok with a weak and unreliable signal.
The walls are very thin so you can hear your neighbours clearly.
It is convenient for airport transfers and the Trinicity Mall is close by with its large selection of shops and restaurants.
Checked out after a couple of nights.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed March 1, 2010

My fiancé and I stayed here for one night after coming in from a late flight, as the hotel is ideally located near to the airport. A shopping mall, numerous food places and an ATM are also nearby.

The room itself was very clean, modern and spacious. However, it can be a bit noisy as a result of the close proximity to the main road.

The bathroom is especially nice, with modern fittings and a nice ambience. The shower itself is quite large, though the floor is at a poor angle, which causes the water to settle on the floor, and not go down the drain very quickly. (This is a potential safety hazard).

A basic breakfast was provided with the room rate, consisting of cereal, toast, muffins/donuts, juice, coffee and tea.

The staff was friendly, and the area is secure, as there as numerous entry points to get to your room, ensuring your safety and security.

Locals are given an excellent rate of $495 TT, which comes up to less than $80 US, which is a fantastic rate for such a good package of a modern hotel room and breakfast.

This is a nice hotel, and is an excellent location for anyone looking for accommodation near to the airport.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank AventuraChica
Reviewed January 25, 2010

I found out about this place by randomly searching for accommodation in Trinidad. The staff at the desk allowed me to check the room before I booked.

I stayed here in different rooms on two separate occasions in the same month.

The rooms were clean, spacious, and modern. There was cable or satellite TV . In the morning they offered breakfast ( Kiss cakes, muffins, donuts, juice, cereal, tea/coffee). Compared to some of the other hotels on the island this one is affordable and very close to the airport they also have security.

the only issues we had was that we had to leave our key at the front desk every time we stepped out of the building. I wasn't too sure why but we didn't have any problems when we returned and nothing was missing from our room. In one of the rooms We had an issue with the A/C - it wouldn't turn off one of the nights and it was freezing. we had enough blankets as we slept but once you stepped out and touched the tiled floor it was an ice box.

the location is along the main bus route and is to other food places (KFC, Roti, local shops)

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 9, 2009

I came to this hotel for my birthday weekend with a very good friend of sweetheart...the staff were nice,hotel clean and 5 min for mall and airport...I had a wonderful time, being that was my first time ever in trini....I will definitely come to this hotel again...i miss it as I write..lol

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple
Cascadia Hotel & Conference Center
Forty Winks Inn
Forty Winks Inn
#4 of 21 in Port of Spain

Been to Palm's Hotel Trinidad? Share your experiences!