See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed January 2, 2019

The location was perfect for us - near the airport and friends. We had a double room for our family of 4 - the room was cleaned well each day and it had a refrigerator. It was a bit tight, especially the bathroom, but we managed fine. The grounds are the best part of this hotel - there are 2 lovely courtyards with tables and chairs and a porch with soft chairs. Since our rom was tight, we spent a lot of time out in the hotel common areas. Breakfast was fine: bread for toast, meats, hard boiled eggs, cereal and fresh fruit. It was filling enough and coffee and tea are available all day. Overall this hotel is old and a bit worn (toilet seat was loose, missing nut on the lampshade) but it was just what we needed and the price was right. We were given anything we asked for: towels, later check-out time, chairs at the outdoor tables; most staff were very friendly and willing to help immediately. There is free Wifi that worked well and cable tv. We were very satisfied with our stay and would stay again.

Room tip: Rooms near the back are quieter because they are away from the road
Date of stay: December 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed August 12, 2018 via mobile

This property continues to advertise on Booking.com as a book now pay later hotel however each time you make a booking they process your credit card information on file for one night and then state it's only a pre-authorization not a charge. Well as someone who has worked for a bank previously and currently for a hotel I know any activity on a credit card which needs to be reversed is a transaction regardless to if it's an instant debit or pre-authorization. The front desk clerk clearly didn't know what she was talking about and only seeked to undermine my intelligence. There was not a single ounce of empathy while on the call from this clerk and when asked to speak to a manager she indicated there was none available.

It's unfortunate that this is the level of service being offered by this establishment which looks like a decent property to stay at but based on this kind of interaction from staff and their poor ethics I had to cancel my reservation and cannot in good faith suggest this property to anyone considering a trip to Trinidad.

I will be contacting booking.com again with regards to a reprimand of this property as they set a negative precedence with regards to advertising as a book now pay later property knowing full well they process your credit card after making the booking.

I do not take these actions likely and will seek whatever action needs to be taken to ensure this practice does not persist.

Not a very good day in the hospitality world for Palm's Hotel Trinidad.

Simply TERRIBLE!

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Traveled solo
2  Thank 246jamell
Brad B, General Manager at Palm's Hotel Trinidad, responded to this reviewResponded October 8, 2018

Jamel,

I am terribly sorry for the service provided by our team here at The Palms Hotel Trinidad. I would like to better understand what happened to figure out if it was indeed an error from our team, or whether it was an error from our bank, or a Booking.com issue.
It is our policy that we DO NOT charge the guest until arrival at the hotel. A pre-authorisation check is done to confirm the booking once a credit card is provided. This check simply holds the funds on the credit card for maximum one week, but is then released thereafter. This is a typical transaction in the industry.
If however, a charge was done and not a pre-authorisation, I again apologise for this as it is not our policy.
Please feel free to contact me so we can help make your next stay with us a pleasant one.

Brad B.

Reviewed June 20, 2017 via mobile

What I loved the most about our stay was that our room was very clean the eating area outside clean as well, friendly staff, very spacious and cosy room. The breakfast was a bit bland not much of a variety to choose from, we stayed there more for convenience due to the close proximity to the airport.

Date of stay: June 2017
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 17, 2017 via mobile

Great place.. Very Comfortable.. Clean.. The breakfast could be alot better. Proper parking available and great customer service. Conveniently close to the airport. Abit pricey for the stay but convenient.

Date of stay: June 2017
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 15, 2017

Staff very helpful, friendly, room was very clean, quiet.lots of pillows. Towels in abundance as I am Canadian and took 3showers a day. Great location,close to airport and mall.I would definately recommend this hotel to my friends and family in canada!!!

Date of stay: May 2017