“Good place to stay in Trinidad!!”
Review of Forty Winks Inn

Forty Winks Inn
Ranked #3 of 21 Hotels in Port of Spain
Taiwan
“Good place to stay in Trinidad!!”
Reviewed November 14, 2010

Its a good place to stay in Trinidad!! Great staff and clean room,nice!!!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Caracas
Reviewed November 2, 2010

In october 11th 2010, after being with my husband at the lobby of this hotel, I went back to my room when suddenly a personnel of this hotel knocked on my door, wrongfully accusing me of stealing TTD1000 without any other proof than her words!!!!!!
Moreover, she was completely sure of that and pretended to look into my room in order to find this money, just because she said I was the thief!!!. She even said that if I gave back the money she was not calling the police.
Of course I decided to call them, and once they did their research we could be done with this unfair and disrespectful accusation. What was worst of all is that this woman never allowed me to call to my embassy and look for the diplomatic assistance I required in that matter.
It is a shame that such a beautiful country has against its touristic activities people working in its own facilities, insulting tourists and wrecking a lovely leisure time!!!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Nihilcaracas
FortyWinksinn, Owner at Forty Winks Inn, responded to this review, November 11, 2010
The management and staff do regret this unfortunate incident. It is every hotelier’s nightmare. Sadly, we cannot corroborate the chain of events the way the clients have related them.
The front desk official was careless in leaving her handbag with her just collected wages unattended in the lobby area, where these guests were on their own. The hotel was practically empty.
These clients from South America, who were by their own admission on a limited budget, extended their stay from 2 days to 4. We can only assume because they were very satisfied with the herculean effort we had made to bring structure, purpose and enjoyment to their vacation. Interestingly, the clients further extended their stay by 2 more days AFTER the incident.
Without irrefutable evidence, from CCTV for instance, the management had no choice but to make amends to these clients. We were of the firm impression that they accepted our gesture in good faith. However, having now seen their comments, we must admit that we found it passing strange that they would choose to extend their stay with us, even after their claim of being falsely accused.
Columbia, Missouri
Reviewed October 23, 2010

I had an awesome experience. Everyone was very kind and helpful. Mrs. Mary was very lovely and prepared an awesome breakfast. The receptionists (all of them) were truly interested in the guests and help them. They helped me a lot to enjoy the city and relax after the conference every day I arrived to the hotel everyday. Definitely, I'll go back there when I come back to visit the island.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
NJ
Reviewed October 23, 2010

My fiance and I stayed at Forty Winks for two nights in Oct 2010. The staff was extremely helpful and friendly. The rooms were small and modest, yet comfortable. The best part about Forty Winks is the location. It's on a quiet street, just a few blocks from Queen's Park Savannah, nearby great restaurants and bars, and a just a short walk from downtown.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Port of Spain, Trinidad
Reviewed October 6, 2010

We stayed at forty winks for a few nights a couple of weeks ago. We were given a tiny cell like room on the ground floor that had a tiny window on the top of the wall which you couldn’t see out.
I’d booked a double room through the internet a few months earlier but we were given a room with 2 single beds. The room smelt of damp and sink cleaner. The shower was like standing under a tap.
We asked to change rooms and they told us that we shouldn't spend too much time in our room as we should be out exploring POS.

But it was clean, the beds were comfortable, the wifi worked, the a/c worked, it felt safe, it was in a good area for getting food, the breakfasts were nice and the staff were very friendly and helpful.

It was us$109 per night which is reasonable but too much for a room like the one we were given which should have been about us$50 - us$70.
They seem to have rooms upstairs which weren’t available. But I guess if you get one of those it might have been a nicer experience. You would at least have the luxury of have a window and possibly a double bed.
All in all the place was ok. I would stay here again if I couldn’t get into anywhere else in Port-of-Spain. Although I preferred other places we stayed of similar price in the city.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
3 Thank GraemeGreen
FortyWinksinn, Owner at Forty Winks Inn, responded to this review, November 10, 2010
We are happy to say that we did receive an apology from these guests for their negative description of our 18 ft x10 ft tropically coloured room, with windows, unavoidably above eye level.
We also noted their very positive statements. Unfortunately, their room with 2 single beds was the only room available, and we reckon, played a big part in this young couple not being more content with their sleeping arrangements .
We are pursuing introducing apparatus which will seamlessly merge the 2 smaller beds together into a more convenient and bonding king size.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Port of Spain
Kapok Hotel
Kapok Hotel
#5 of 21 in Port of Spain
D' Coconut Cove Holiday Beach Resort

Been to Forty Winks Inn? Share your experiences!