All reviews home cooked breakfast recommending restaurants local person bring your own shampoo reliable taxi walked everywhere kept clean and tidy place to stay two nights quiet street each morning cozy hotel bars and restaurants chain hotel rental car walking distance excellent breakfast
Selected filters
Reviewed January 15, 2019

So its not the Hilton, but why go to Trinidad to be in the Hilton or to give your money back to billionaires. This 5 room hotel was perfect. The hostess Pam was very very helpful. She put together an itinerary for us for the days we were there. She said she could arrange transportation if we needed it. We were close to many places downtown. Made to order breakfast and coffee in the morning. Extremely clean (and I am a clean snob). Do yourself a favor and stay here. If I ever go back she will get our business again for sure. Nice rooftop patio and small eating porch.

Date of stay: January 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
FortyWinksinn, Owner at Forty Winks Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Hey!! You made a good point there girl :-) !!!

Soooo happy to know you enjoyed your stay that perfect much !!!!

Loved having you both and thanks for the fab recommendation.

Please forgive me for the oh so late response to your review!!

Reviewed January 10, 2019

Staying at Forty Winks was the best decision we made for our vacation. The owner and operator is a wealth of information for tourist. The room was clean the breakfast was delicious. Money well spent!!

Date of stay: January 2019
Trip type: Traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

So happy to know that you felt you made the right choice.
Made our day!
Hope all is well with you in the current circumstances.
If you need a break we're still here for you, at a better price too !!
Please accept our apologies for the tardy response to your review.
Stay safe and well !!

Reviewed January 3, 2019

As a woman traveling alone, I was a bit concerned about my visit to Trinidad. Forty Winks put all of those concerns to bed! In addition to being a lovely place to stay, the staff has all the right connections in town to make sure you get to experience Trinidad in the way you want.They recommended a local food tour for me and connected me with a driver for all the other things I wanted to do -- I did them all and more!

Date of stay: December 2018
Trip type: Traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

It's important to us that you got the vacation you wanted and deserved.
To us, this is the whole point of hospitality.
Unfortunately, the negativity continues to drown out the great things about Trinidad.
Thank you for expressing that you were concerned and also that you had a perfect stay.
We enjoyed being of service to you and apologize for taking so long to respond to your delightful review.
All the very best!

Reviewed November 17, 2018

When traveling, the last thing I want to do is stay at a familiar chain hotel. My stay at Forty Winks was very enjoyable despite watching my US soccer team lose and miss out on the World Cup. More of a guesthouse than a hotel. Included a tasty breakfast in the morning. Nice location in the middle of town but on a quiet street and I felt safe walking around the area. Located not too far from the Savannah, the large city park. Also not too bad of a walk to Ariapita Street where you can find many bars and restaurants although it would be wise to ride a taxi or Uber back at night.

Date of stay: December 2017
Trip type: Traveled solo

Took a while to respond to you but we really appreciate the way you described us.
We continuously strive to give our clients a different experience and are so pleased to know that you enjoyed your time with us.
Look forward to seeing you again Soccerloon !! :-)

Reviewed September 12, 2018 via mobile

Its really nice and cozy to stay here, the staff is awesome . My favourite spots are terrace and dining. I recommend this place if you are looking for some warm and average price range hotel. Best part you can cook for yourself..

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Traveled with friends

Thank you for taking the time to post this perrrfect score review!
Hope you recovered from everything and will come this way again some day.
Please forgive my tardy response. :-(