“Nice atmosphere”
Review of Forty Winks Inn

Forty Winks Inn
Ranked #4 of 21 Hotels in Port of Spain
Reviewed November 27, 2013

My brother and I were in Trinidad for a wedding and wanted to stay in a clean "local" place.
Forty Winks fit the bill perfectly. The owner, Pam, is on property much of the time and is friendly and outgoing. Raane, (not sure about the spelling there) was also fun and always had a smile on her face. Even the night guy, Craig, although a bit low key, was easy to get to smile and very good. The shower worked well and water was nice and hot. Breakfast was basic, but good. Typical included breakfast at a B and B type place. Being American, we like our coffee hot, and as long as you asked, it was nice and hot. Basically ask and you shall receive at Forty Winks! Pam was especially helpful with info and finding things out for us regarding the Island and where we were going or had an interest in going. She also called a taxi service and our wake up call was no problem for us on our very early morning departure and it went without a hitch. It was nice and quiet at night, so we got a great nights sleep every night. Its not the Ritz, but its affordable and delivers what it says it will. Just what we wanted. I would look forward to staying there when we return to Trinidad.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
FortyWinksinn, Manager at Forty Winks Inn, responded to this reviewResponded December 6, 2013

Entertaining the twins was a unique experience, we were never sure which ones we were talking to.
We enjoyed all the stories and look forward to having you back with us one day again

Reviewed November 16, 2013

I stayed there for two weeks and was very happy with the service, location, friendliness and helpfulness of the staff. Everyone was very helpful in assisting me with anything I needed.
The B and B is comfortable, safe and clean. I will definitely stay there again. I also really appreciated the free internet service which always worked unlike some of the expensive hotels.
Thank you all for making my two weeks there comfortable.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank like2travel22
FortyWinksinn, Manager at Forty Winks Inn, responded to this reviewResponded November 24, 2013

Had a great time with you, photographer from the UK. Hope to see you again.

Reviewed October 2, 2013

Great little hotel. So friendly, good location, nice rooms. Definitely recommend to anyone.
Not far from Trotters pub, Buzo Italian restaurant, TGI Fridays, Queens Park. All Out pub within waliking distance,

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank 159Brian

Just a couple days but it was great having you.

Reviewed October 2, 2013

Tucked away in a side-street, not a huge B&B, but all the more friendly. I only spent one night here, but the main thing surely is to get a good night's sleep, and that I got.
The room is nice and clean, air-con working well, bathroom also fine.

The owners are very nice and cheerful people to chat with, laugh with, and get advice from.

Couldn't try breakfast or coffee, as I was leaving extremely early for my 7am flight.

One thing to keep in mind, if you're driving a rental car: don't park too close to street corners, because police will remove your car. I was lucky and got there just in time. Surely, there were white lines marking the limit, but almost invisibly.

All in all, a good place to stay at.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Sorry you couldn't spend a longer time Leif, but thanks for the great review.

Reviewed September 21, 2013

I was in transit and decided to spend one night in Port of Spain at this inn. Lovely, comfortable, great staff and Pam, the owner was sooo helpful. I was able to leave my luggage there for a day,while I did some sightseeing prior to a night flight out. Pam arranged a driver for me and negotiated a very good price, considering how much time he spent taking me around.

Good breakfast, charming place. Easy walk to the Savannah Queens Park and the botanical garden (recommended).

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Rorinho
FortyWinksinn, Manager at Forty Winks Inn, responded to this reviewResponded September 23, 2013

The excellent review from our client Sandra is hereby acknowledged.
Thank you Sandra!
Pleasing our customers remains our number one goal!

Reviewed August 12, 2013

I had a wonderful stay at Forty Winks Inn. The staff was courteous, helpful, and friendly. They can help you decide on excursions, book a taxi, or simply advise on where to go for a nice walk. I was thoroughly pleased with the room, the service, and the overall ambiance of Forty Winks; I'd recommend it to friends and hope to stay there again myself.

Before I went to Trinidad I heard vague rumors of crime and social disaffection there. I disregarded these rumors and went anyway. I'm really very glad that I did, since I had an excellent time and met some lovely people. In truth, I never felt threatened anywhere, and I'm sure I stood out. I recommend Trinidad unhesitatingly, and I absolutely recommend Forty Winks!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Jon W
FortyWinksinn, Owner at Forty Winks Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 29, 2013

Thanks for taking the time to do this review Jon. Was a pleasure having you.
If you see this please make contact. Your e-mail is bouncing back and the tel # also is a no-go.
Cheers !! and hope to see you another time.

Reviewed August 11, 2013

Whoever travelling bee is he is an idiot. The people who work here, Pam being the owner are the most trust worthy and friendly people I have ever met. I have been travelling the West Coast of the states to the Caribbean and now have gone onto South America and Canada so as you can imagine I have stayed at many places over the last few months. This is by far the most memorable one, and not for the actually place it self, I am sure there are more swanky places to stay, but to the family atmosphere, and safeness of the area (which we could just walk around in the wee hours of the morning).

Pam was forthcoming with the booking rate. And the exchange rate for those bookings and I was charged exactly as specified. She also did a few loads of laundry for us without any charge. And look around its one of the best rates you are going to get for staying in that area, and all the clubs and nice bars are a stones throw away - you don't have to cab anywhere!

If you want service where you feel like you are part of the family this is the place to go. The other nagging issue I have is people posting on this forum that Trinidad is a dangerous place. This is ridiculous. If you are stupid and wear gold chains out as well suits and flashy clothing, as well as taking a lot of money you will be robbed in any city, and to be honest you deserve to be for being so ignorant. There is also the issue of coming home pissed drunk so take it easy! West indies is a place to chill, and TandT was the best place I have been there.

Me and my college came here for the West Indian cricket series, both Aussies, and literally went out every single night. Some nights we left the hotel at 2am and the Forty Winks inn were kind enough to organise a taxi for us in the wee hours of the morning. We went to one of the most amazing beach parties ever which lasted til 8am, and returned home by hitching a ride in a cab on the street.

So in summary, these people are nothing but family to me, and Pam has shared her amazing story of adversity to me to where she has gotten to today - it is truly inspiring. I also want to tell al the people who keep saying that you are going to get kidnapped and robbed in this country that is just silly talk, maybe back 3 years ago when curfews etc were running fine, but 8 days of night life and day life here made me feel safer than any country I have been in, and I have been to a lot in the last 3 months.

One love to the crew at forty winks inn and everyone if you wanna experience Trinidad and Tabago, this is the place to stay!

Room Tip: Any of them, do not expect 5 star rooms, Clean toilets, shower, double beds and not much walking spa...