My experience with this hotel was not at all what i expected. Listed below are some of my points of dissatisfaction.
1. On arrival, I told the clerk I came to check in her greeting was "and you are?" in a tone I did not like. No, welcome to our hotel and can i please have your name Miss?
2. On entering the room I noticed that there wasn’t any soap in the bath or Sink area. I also found it strange that the room did not have a proper dressing area,i was thinking that if this is one of their best rooms i surely was afraid to see the cheaper ones. I still did not make much of it thinking maybe all the rooms were the same and i would go out and get soap. However after the first night I saw the room just opposite me open and asked if I could take a look, I then noticed that that room was complete with proper dressing area, Built-in closets with doors and even a bench in one of the nook/corners which could be used to rest your belongings on, my room lacked all of the above.
3. In order to receive breakfast you had to fill out a form which was categorized and you were only allowed to choose one item per category, so you could not have bread and Hash Browns, you could not even substitute one item from one category for the other, for example I did not want any cereal or porridge but wanted bread and Hash brown. It was the first time I had to fill out a form it order to receive food which I had already paid for.
4.I also found out that there were different rooms and different rates which were cheaper than what I was paying, when I called and asked about the rates I was told 92.00 US (which I later found out to be their highest rate for double occupancy) which included all taxes and Breakfast.
I would not reccommend this hotel to anyone.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our friendly staff and comfortable accommodations will welcome you with the magic that Trinidad is famous for. Just minutes from the capital city, an absolute oasis of peace and tranquility await your arrival. Set in the midst of tropical flora and fauna The Palace abounds with scenic decks and modern-styled rooms to its mid-sized conference rooms and multiple reading nooks, it’s just the refreshing escape you were looking for. Alicia’s Palace can accommodate you today. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Alicia`s Palace Hotel Port Of Spain
- Alicias Palace Port Of Spain
- Alicia's Palace Trinidad/Port Of Spain