Coblentz Inn Boutique Hotel
Kapok Hotel(Port of Spain)
$145
$131
$209
Courtyard
$212
  • Pool
Forty Winks Inn(Port of Spain)
$109
Hyatt Regency Trinidad(Port of Spain)
$179
Hyatt.com
Radisson Hotel Trinidad(Port of Spain)
$159
$143
Radisson
Sundeck Suites(Port of Spain)
$79
Travelocity
  • Restaurant
Palm's Hotel Trinidad(Port of Spain)
TripAdvisor
The Chancellor Hotel(Port of Spain)
  • Breakfast included
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed March 5, 2014

We stayed at Coblentz for a week in their "next door" apartment. It was terrible if im honest in terms of value for money and at no point was I lead to expect the condition it was in.

That being said I didnt want to crucify the Inn for this even though I dont believe it was right.

The inn itself is cute and offered some good food at a reasonable price at their quaint little restaurant. Place is well kept and colourful and the staff was excellent.

To wrap up, the inn is nice. But coblentz you should know better than to sell an apartment at the price you did in the rough shod condition it was in. Disappointed.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 19, 2014

One of the primary reasons I chose this hotel is that they advertised they had a pool. Imagine my surprise to find out that the pool was not on the same property as the hotel. The pool was down the street, almost a block away, at another hotel called Coblentz Cottage.
My accommodation was to include breakfast. Breakfast was served starting at 6:00 and you’d better get there early or you’ll be out of luck. Although they put out a variety of dishes in the beginning, if previous patrons emptied a dish, it was not replaced or replenished. Two separate mornings, when I asked for some of what had been in what was now an empty dish, I was simply told that there was none left.
The showerhead leaked and hit the wall rather than me. And both the beside lamps didn’t work.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
2  Thank Dan M
Reviewed December 4, 2013

I stayed at Coblentz inn on business for 3 weeks. Throughout my time there, the staff was attentive and friendly. Special thanks to the cleaning staff. The few times that I ate lunch at the hotel, the food was excellent. The breakfast is best if you are early. There is a nice terrace/patio upstairs that is cool in the evenings. I recommend this place because it has character. The management, front desk staff, restaurant staff, and security are all helpful and professional. It is not a resort but a boutique hotel so for business travel, or tourists with plans in Trinidad, this place is one of your better options.

Room Tip: they have themed rooms, ask about them.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed February 21, 2013

I stayed in this very artsy boutique for one night and i wish i was able to stay longer!...the boutique Idea is very creative, and although i was in a center room with no windows i still enjoyed it!.. I also asked one of the employees to give me a tour around the Boutique before i checked out and she was very happy to show me around .

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank DaliaToronto_Canada
Reviewed December 11, 2012

Saw all the good reviews here + the recommendation on NYT and went for it.

Staff attitude was terrible. No one to help with us with the luggage when we had to move rooms twice because the shower handle came out in my hand in the allotted room and water was gushing in.

They just stood around and watched -- same as on the first day when we came in -- woman at the reception offered to help with the luggage and picked the lightest bag. Felt like saying: hey why don't you take my handbag instead?

But owner handed back a cash envelope we had left behind in the melee. So yes honest.

No warm smiles -- no nothing. Forget umbrella, just barely buzz you in without a wait, even when they see you get out of a cab in pouring rain.

Rooms are small but cheerfully painted. Breakfast -- passable.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple