“Perfect for family vacations!”

Courtyard by Marriott Port of Spain
Ranked #1 of 21 Hotels in Port of Spain
Reviewed May 14, 2014

We stayed at the courtyard for Mother's Day weekend and had a wonderful time. The staff was very friendly and courteous and our room was very plush and spacious. I was very pleased with the chef who was willing to prepare scrambled eggs for my daughter for dinner because it's her favorite dish. Can't wait for Father's Day weekend!

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank Shrimatee S
GMCYPOS, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Port of Spain, responded to this reviewResponded May 15, 2014

Shrimatee S,

We are happy to have met your expectations for Mother’s Day.

I will definitely pass on your comments to our Chef, she will be happy to know that she met the needs of your daughter.

We look forward to welcoming you back for Father’s day weekend.

Reviewed May 14, 2014

This is my 3rd stay here and it is always special. On this occasion I celebrated my anniversary and our host welcomed us with a complimentary fruit basket in our room - thank you Jean-Luc! The staff is warm and friendly, the rooms are clean and well maintained. The food at the restaurant was always delicious no matter the selection.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Sarahra

Sahara,

We truly appreciate your loyalty to our hotel and congratulations on your anniversary.

Thank you recognizing Jean Luke for his genuine hospitality, please know that he will be recognized for the hospitality he demonstrated during your stay with us.

We look forward to welcoming you back to your home away from home.

Excellent place to stay,

the staff was very friendly.
I got everything I asked for, which was very nice.
and they have a 24/7 gym to help you stay in shape.

Movie theater, and others stores just 1 minute walking distance.

2  Thank Jocelyn S

Jocelyn S,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. We are happy to have met your needs and expectations.

Our location continues to be a favorite with our guests since it provides them the flexibility to have some personal time with quite a few options depending on how they may wish to spend it (retail shops, cineplex, restaurants, drug store etc.)

We do hope to have you back with us sometime soon.

Reviewed May 8, 2014

During my recent stay I had a problem with breakfast, the computer system was down and my order got lost in the process. They offered to pack it to go as I was late to a meeting. The order they packed was not my order, so I refused to take it. The next morning on check out, Pauline from the restaurant, approached my by name, apologized again for the confusion and offered to pack me something list to take to the airport. These are the reasons I stay at Marriott! Thank you for the attention to detail and another great stay!

1  Thank NancyD4
GMCYPOS, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Port of Spain, responded to this reviewResponded May 11, 2014

Nancy,

I sincerely apologise for your experience at breakfast on Thursday 7th May when our point of sale system failed.

I am indeed pleased that Pauline was able to restore your trust in our service and demonstrate our concern about your experience. Your feedback on Pauline will definitely be shared with her and the rest of the team.

Nancy, we do hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to our hotel and to serve you breakfast of your liking in our Centro restaurant.

Reviewed May 5, 2014

My first stay at Courtyard Marriott, was great. It was a surprise birthday celebration from my family. I can't forget the warm and friendly greetings we received as we approach the front desk staff,Nelinne, Camile, Dhalia and Joleesa. We had the most comfortable and restful night, the room was spacious and clean, the interior is lovely. The Food and Beverage staff, Beena,Pauline,Melissa and Netty,were very helpful, they made it their priority to make sure everything was okay with our breakfast. Kudos to Melva from the kitchen who made our breakfast, it was amazing. The staff service at Marriott is truly incredible.
My husband and I highly recommend this hotel and would definitely return for another stay along with some friends.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank 725Gillian_H_
GMCYPOS, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Port of Spain, responded to this reviewResponded May 8, 2014

Gillian_H,

We are so happy to have your surprise birthday celebration memorable.

Thank you for recognizing the efforts of our Front Desk, Food and Beverage and Kitchen team members. We are proud to have them as part of our team and they will each be recognized for the service they provided.

We are pleased that not only will you return but that you are willing to recommend us to others . We do look forward to welcoming you, your husband and friends in the near future.

Reviewed May 4, 2014

Never thought about rev m 3I stay at this hotel for work purposes (I would also stay for pleasure if necessary). It's a conveniently located (depending on where your business/pleasure is) property with REALLY GREAT staff. Rooms are okay. Menu is not the wideness but one can make do with the options.

The attitude of the staff (front desk, Centro, security, maintenance, IT - yep IT) that I have encountered to date is what makes this Courtyard by Marriott a lovely place to stay!

1  Thank Glendora L L

Glendora LL,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us, we are happy to have made your stay a productive and rewarding one.

Everyday our staff work together as a team to deliver on our service promise and we are happy to have exceeded your expectations. I have noted your comments on our menu and I am very interested in finding out what in particular you would have liked, you can email me at cy.poscy.guestcare@courtyard.com.

Glendora LL, we hope to have you back with us soon.

Reviewed May 2, 2014

The rooms were clean and comfortable, but my favorite part of the hotel was by far the Trinidadian breakfast. That was delicious. The restaurant overall is good; I ordered the pasta another evening and was pleased again. There is also a snack bar downstairs with snacks and beverages (alcoholic and non-alcoholic) just in case you want to grab something light. The staff is extremely friendly and have a cab stand with cabs ready at the drop of a hat.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Alexia W

Alexia W,

Our kitchen team is especially pleased to have met your needs on food quality during your stay with us, your feedback will be shared with them. Our local breakfast items are a favorite with all our guests.

Thank you for recognizing the friendliness of our team, they not only embody the Trini hospitality but also the Marriott culture.

We hope to have you back with us again sometime soon.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Port of Spain
D' Coconut Cove Holiday Beach Resort
Cara Suites
Cara Suites
#1 of 1 in Claxton Bay

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Port of Spain? Share your experiences!