“Feels like home!”

Courtyard by Marriott Port of Spain
Ranked #1 of 21 Hotels in Port of Spain
Reviewed April 21, 2014

This Easter weekend was not the first time my family and I stayed at this hotel and it will not be the last. The staff: from the reception to the restaurant crew to the maids and security the service is impeccable...friendly, pleasant, helpful. The rooms were clean and very comfortable and their breakfast menu is to die for. It's like home away from home.

Room Tip: For senior citizens a room on the ground floor near the lobby like 109, 111 is very convenient.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
GMCYPOS, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Port of Spain, responded to this reviewResponded April 23, 2014

Tessa SRM,
We are so happy to have afforded you a home away from home experience.

It is great to hear that our facilities and location catered to the needs of you and your family. We hope that you had time to enjoy our outdoor terrace area, which is especially popular with the children.

Our breakfast menu was recently changed, so we appreciate your positive comments and they will definitely be shared with our Head Chef.

Reviewed April 20, 2014

After a 1 night stay with my family, this hotel has become of my favorite city hotels anywhere I have ever been. It is a great value, with a really nice lobby, free fast wifi, large clean rooms, clean pool, and the nicest, most helpful staff I have come across.

After a not so great experience at the airport, we took a taxi to the Courtyard at 9am without a reservation in hopes of getting a room for my family. The minute I walked in, I just felt relieved and happy with the place. The front desk staff was extremely helpful, taking one look at my family and then making sure that we got the best room that would accommodate us without my asking.

Although the hotel was full, and it was well before the check in time, they were able to get us into our room within 90 minutes of our arrival. However, the lobby area is so nice, that no one wanted to go to the room. The tables in the breakfast area each have their own individual TVs with a variety of channels, and the rest of the lobby is well appointed with more TVs, lots of tables and sitting areas, computers for use, a nice bar/restaurant area and free wifi throughout. The breakfast was really great and not too expensive.

The courtyard is also well located - There is a nice mall/movie theatre right next door with a variety of shops and restaurants, and there is a park with a carousel just adjacent to the hotel.

The real highlight of this hotel though, is the people working there. The ladies in the restaurant were so nice and smiley and the front desk girls were super helpful. I had lost a bag and it had been flying around between Tobago and Trinidad with no opportunity for me to get it. I only asked the front desk for the phone number for the customs/baggage people but they took over my cause making phone calls back and forth for me so that I could enjoy my time with my family and not spend it all on the phone. Unbelievably, I finally got a call from customs that my bag was at the airport and available for pickup. After 5 days of chasing my bag down with no luck, I definitely credit the diligent, caring staff at the courtyard for arranging for my bag and me to finally reunite.

If I am ever in Trinidad again, either as a solo traveler or with my family, I would definitely choose stay at the Courtyard as my first choice in Port of Spain.

TaliBee,

We are so honoured to be considered your favorite hotel.

We understand the impact that travelling can have on you and was pleased to not only delight you in the service we provided but also in locating your lost bag.

We look forward to welcoming you back sometime soon.

Reviewed April 20, 2014

Check-in and check-out were quick and efficient, staff was very friendly and accommodating. I stayed on the 4th floor (there are only 4 floors), my room was clean, and bed was very comfortable. Hotel looks modern with nice decor and bright colors. Room comes with a small fridge, and coffee maker. My room faced the road and there was no noise from the traffic that bothered me. Wifi is complimentary, with good signal strength in my room (which was at the east end on the top floor), courtyard and pool area. Pool is small, but ok enough I suppose. The only annoying thing for me was that late in the night the parking lot was filled making me have to park on the road. Not sure if it had anything to do with patrons from movietowne nearby parking in the hotel parking lot. Ice machines are not located on every floor. A nice gym is available on site. There is a laundry room on the 4th floor so not sure if rooms closely might be affected by the noise.

The hotel is located within walking distance of movietowne mall which has many eating options and a movie theater.

I would definitely recommend this hotel, and would return myself. I would recommend a room facing the road as this allows for a better view (my humble opinion).

Room Tip: Rooms facing the road/stadium have a better view.

Krazy_Doctor,

We appreciate your detailed comments on your stay with us and are particularly happy that our complimentary internet met your needs both in terms of signal and speed.

Thank you also for your feedback on our parking and please be assured that it will be looked into for upcoming long holiday weekends.

We hope to have you back with us soon to your second Caribbean home.

Reviewed April 20, 2014

I visited Port of Spain last week for business and my travel partner picked the hotel. I was not expecting much because I have stayed at a few Courtyards and they were just okay. The Courtyard in POS was very nice, pleasant decor, staff was great (almost overly nice), room was clean, bed was comfortable and the full breakfast was excellent. I would recommend anyone staying in POS to stay and the Courtyard. One piece of advise, request the room on the other side of the stadium, the road side which is normally loud.

Room Tip: Avoid the rooms on the side of the stadium, that is the road side which is normally loud.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank organicphoto

Organic Photo,

Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to share your experience. We are happy to have facilitated a productive visit to Trinidad.

We appreciate your recognizing our staff, they work really hard to make sure our guests receive the personalized service they expect and deserve.

Your comments on our breakfast will be shared with our Head Chef, he and his team launched this menu in March and I am sure will be very happy to hear feedback.

Reviewed April 14, 2014

As a traveler that travels every week for work, I've seen my fair share of hotels. I currently hold top status with 3 different hotel chains.
I stayed at this hotel with very low expectations, but chose it as the only Marriott in the area, however I was blown away by not only the hotel (physically), but especially the staff.

The hotel:
Everything seemed to have great up keep. Great condition, facilities, etc. It looked and felt like most of the newly renovated (or newly built) Marriott courtyard properties I have seen in the US.

The staff:
The staff was amazing! This does not only apply to the front desk staff, but all of the staff. We were three young adults (in our mid 20s and early 30s) who went to Trinidad and Tobago for the weekend because we found a cheap airfare. We didn't plan much ahead of time, and had the plan to go with the flow. We chatted with the front desk staff each day about what we could do, including where we could go on a hike since we heard there was some decent/nice hikes around. The front desk staff didn't know, so they brought over the head engineer who apparently goes hiking on the weekends. He told us exactly where we could go, what to look for, and even helped print out google map directions for us. Each day whenever we got back or were leaving the hotel, we'd chat with the front desk staff to figure out what we should be doing/where we should be going, and they were very knowledgeable, and extremely nice about it, and gave us HONEST information (as opposed to perhaps the information they'd generally be told they should be giving us).

Really great experience at this hotel, and would definitely make it my first choice if/when I come back.

Room Tip: If you're on the 4th floor, make sure your room is away from the laundry room.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
GMCYPOS, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Port of Spain, responded to this reviewResponded April 16, 2014

Paul B,

We are pleased to have exceeded your expectations during your stay with us. Our Chief Engineer, Angelo sends his regards and was happy to have provided recommendations for your outdoor activities.

We are happy that the service from our Front Desk team exceeded your expectations, they continue to demonstrate a spirit to serve, a value that Marriott has become known for.

Thank you for making us your first choice for accommodation in Port of Spain

Reviewed April 14, 2014

The reservations agent was so kind, courteous and easy going. I felt very comfortable talking to her, which was one of the reasons that i decided to go ahead and book with the Marriott.

Their prices were very reasonable compared to the other hotels of a similar caliber, but what really set them apart from the competition was how accommodating their staff and concierge services were.

I told them that my wife was celebrating her birthday with her friends and they were kind enough to send a complimentary dessert up to her room, complete with a candle and the words "Happy Birthday" spelt in strawberry drizzle (very nice touch by the way.........)

The room was spacious, clean, very inviting and included all the amenities one would expect from a high class hotel, in particular the in-room safe.

They were able to easily access a hotel-arranged taxi to take them into the city for some socializing and were returned to the hotel safely when they were ready to call it a night.

The food from The Centro restaurant on the ground floor was reasonably priced and tasted great, their staff is just as kind and courteous as the hotel itself. Not to mention that for a bit of variety, one can even take a 30 second walk to Movietowne Mall to try out all the various places there.

Overall, my wife and her friends had only wonderful things to say about the whole experience and the hotel's staff and services had a lot to do with that.

I happily recommend the Marriott to anyone looking for a top-class hotel with top-class staff, services and amenities.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends

Kevin A,

Thank you for taking the time to recognize the efforts of our wonderful team, your feedback will be shared with them, their attitude and commitment to service comes from a genuine passion to ensure that each guest has a rewarding and personalized stay with us.

We are happy to have recognized your wife’s birthday and are indeed honoured by your willingness to recommend us to others.

We look forward to welcoming you back again, possibly for your birthday this time.

Reviewed April 12, 2014

My brother and his wife stayed at this hotel and used it for the bridal party to get ready before their wedding. My son was the ring bearer so he got dressed at the hotel and I was truly impressed with the hotel rooms. Nice size and everything was very modern looking.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family

Camille M,

Congratulations on your brother’s wedding, we are honoured to have been chosen for this special occasion.

We hope that you will return for a family getaway sometime soon.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Port of Spain
D' Coconut Cove Holiday Beach Resort
Cara Suites
Cara Suites
#1 of 1 in Claxton Bay

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Port of Spain? Share your experiences!