My family (4persons) made our first vist to Trinidad on July 4th 2013. We arrived at the Courtyard Marriott around 12.00noon after a 5.5 hour flight from Toronto and were greeted politely and reminded of the check in time. However the front desk staff was able to accomodate us with a room by 1.30pm.
On the first night of our stay the guests in the room beside us had a very loud argument which lasted from 11.30pm until 2.15am. The next morning I spoke to the Manager Dinelle Rivers and vented my concerns about staying there for another 8 nights not knowing what to expect. Well the manager certainly listened carefully and showed facial expressions of her concern to my issue and offered her regrets and apology and promised to do something about my concern. Within fifteen mins of speaking to the manager I received a phone call offering us a room on the 4th floor which we accepted. The second night we slept well and every night of our stay. Don't let one ugly guest turn you away from an excellent hotel. The Courtyard Marriott staff made a quick recovery to what could have been an unhappy visit to a quality hotel with great location.
The hotel was very clean, lots of TV screens to check on your sports teams, business and world news. Breakfast was very good enjoyed the bacon, pan cakes and eggs. My wife tried the local breakfast of salt fish and bake also herring. We felt safe at this hotel. The staff was professional, smiling, and showed that they cared about making us feel welcomed and comfortable. Early 2014 we will be going back to Trinidad and WE WILL STAY AT THE COURTYARD BY MARRIOTT AGAIN.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Visit Port of Spain, Trinidad and Tobago in style when staying in the Courtyard Port of Spain. Our contemporary hotel is situated in close proximity to some of the area's best shopping, dining and attractions, such as Hasley Crawford National Stadium and Maracas Beach. Guests of our hotel love our spacious and inviting guest rooms, complimentary high speed Internet access, peaceful pool and state-of-the-art fitness center. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Marriott, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Priceline, Hotwire, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Courtyard Port of Spain reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Courtyard By Marriott Port Of Spain Hotel Port Of Spain
- Port Of Spain Courtyard
- Courtyard Port Of Spain Trinidad