“Great package!”

Ranked #1 of 21 Hotels in Port of Spain
Barbados
“Great package!”
Reviewed June 3, 2013

I stayed for 4 nights mid May and this was my first time at this property. Great location, great staff (well trained and pleasant), excellent F&B product which pushes all the buttons. Sure, the wine selection could be a lot better, but the menu and overall concept was great. You never really needed to go out. I can only recommend this property. Well done guys! The deduction in cleanliness is due to me finding somebody else lunch in the mini fridge upon check in...
It was reported but never acknowledged.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (222)
New York
Reviewed June 2, 2013

I stayed here with my family for about one week. This hotel is new and clean. It is conveniently located near Movie Towne with shops and restaurants in walking distance. They have on-site parking. It is also convenient to getting to main roads and the airport.

The staff here was very friendly and wanted to make sure that we enjoyed our stay. They always greeted us with a smile and were happy to help in any way possible.

There is a restaurant on the premises. The breakfast is good and has several options, but is a little pricey. I would not eat breakfast here every day due to to the price. We also ate dinner here one evening because we were too tired to go out to eat after our busy day. The service was great and the food was good. It was a nice surprise that they served dinner since many Courtyards do not serve dinner.

The hotel has a small pool in the back and an area to lounge outside. It was very beautiful and calm. One Saturday it was closed for a wedding, which we didn't mind.

There was a gym and laundry facilities, but we did not utilize them. Wifi is available and they also had some computers in the lobby. There is a charge to make even local calls from the rooms. One of the rooms my family stayed in had a balcony overlooking the pool area. It was great to sit there after a long day.

They sell beautiful jewelry in the lobby near the elevators. Check it out!

This was a great, clean, convenient hotel to stay at in Trinidad. I would definitely stay here again with family or friends. I think it was 100% worth the price.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Mango_Trees
GMCYPOS, General Manager at Courtyard Port of Spain, responded to this review, June 6, 2013
Mango_Trees,

We are pleased to receive your detailed feedback on your stay with us and will use it to help improve our product and service. In particular, your comment about the pool closure is being looked into.

We hope that we will have the opportunity to serve you again in the near future.

Regards,
Medellin, Colombia
Reviewed May 31, 2013

The hotel was overall really good.
Good location, great food choices in the restaurant, great beds, and really friendly staff.
I wqs there for a week and the restaurant was a really pleasing experience since I used to get to the hotel too tired to go out every night, so I ate like 3 time there and loved it.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank LinaSolorzano
Bridgetown, Barbados
Reviewed May 29, 2013

It is true when they say "first impression counts.'' Cherylyn and Tojo did an excellent job in checking us in. These two did an excellent job. Talk about service, I will not forget their smiles and friendliness. Excellent job to both of them. Mom and Dad had an issue with their room the first night with a noisy generator outside the Resort. We spoke to Camille about this issue and she moved them to a perfect room. Camille did an awesome job in moving my parents to a room that was suitable for them and an apology letter. Sarah, Shannice and Edo gave excellent service in the restaurant. I can see these three as Restaurant Managers. Theophilus, Stephan were also great as well. I want to save the best for last. Cleavon and Nicholas are the best taxi drivers in the world. Especially Nicholas. He is soooo funny. He made us laughed on our way to the Airport. We really enjoyed Nicholas. Cleavon also made us laughed. I know these guys do not work for Marriott but I'm asking that the Taxi's Management reward both Cleavon and Nicholas for excellent service. I'm expecting these two guys to be rewarded for Taxi Drivers for the year. All the Resorts I've visit so far, Courtyard Marriott POS IS THE BEST RESORT in the world. Service from the staff is AWESOME! I was a Front Office Clerk for about 5 years. I treated guests the same way Cherylyn, Tojo, Theophilus and Camille did. When I was checking out, tears almost flow from out of my eyes. It was sad to say I was leaving. I wanted to stay an extra week. It was touching. I want to give a big 'Thank You' to Sonia(taxi clerk) for arranging taxi services for my family to the malls and the Hampton Games. To the Management of The Courtyard Marriott POS, I would like that names(staff) that was mentioned to be rewarded for the excellent service they gave to me and and my family. Whether it be a raise of pay or promotions from the management of the Resort/Tourism Board TT. Theophilus, Camille, Cherylyn, Tojo, Sarah, Sonia, Cleavon, Nicholas, Stephan, Edo and Shannice, thanks for your warm and excellent service. Looking forward for a response from the Management of Courtyard Marriot POS. my name: Jude Clarke(Barbados)

Room Tip: All the rooms are great.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Jude C
Mr. Clarke,

Thank you for taking the time to recognise our associates, I will be sure to share your feedback with the team and especially recognise those you mentioned by name.

I particularly appreciate your feedback coming from someone with alot of experience in hospitality.

We look forward to having you back when next you visit Trinidad.

Regards,
Houston, Texas
Reviewed May 22, 2013

This hotel is about what a business traveler can expect from a Marriott. Solid on all the basic issues. Good restaurant. Fine staff. Comfortable clean rooms. The drawback to this location comes when one of two things happen.

Immediately across the highway from the hotel is Port of Spain's major stadium, Hasely Crawford Stadium. Behind the hotel, they have a pleasant garden pool area which they sometimes rent out for parties and receptions and such. When there is a major party going on in the garden, the noise is not measured in decibels but on the Richter scale. Events at the stadium can be nearly as loud. You can forget sleeping prior to 1:00 AM. On the plus side, the staff was happy to bring me some ear-plugs but when the noise is that loud, the earplugs don't help much. The Trinis like to "feel" their music.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank Stephen K
GMCYPOS, General Manager at Courtyard Port of Spain, responded to this review, May 27, 2013
Stephen,

We appreciate your taking time out to provide feedback on our hotel.

I have investigated your comments and have determined that our hotel has had two events on the Terrace for the year both ending by 9:00pm. We also work with the National Stadium on any events, most of these events take place during our Carnival season.

Stephen, I will appreciate discussing this further with you. You can email me at poscy.reservations@courtyard.com with your contact information.

I look forward to speaking with you.

Canberra, Australia
Reviewed May 21, 2013

Was a pleasure it is to stay in a hotel where staff have obviously been trained in customer service, it is a credit to the organisations training program. You only have to step outside the hotel to see just how effective the training has been. I have stayed in this hotel twice and would have no hesitation in staying there again.

Room Tip: I have only stayed in the front rooms facing the main street and they were fine.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Mark190562
Reviewed May 19, 2013

After 3 weeks traveling the Caribbean with an uncaring and terrible service I found a little piece of heaven in the middle of my business trip. Bed wonderful,clean, great food 24 hrs snack bar, too bad it was only one night. I am a mother of a 2 year. Old, and have been traveling 2 a lot and particularly I was very home sick as I was spending my Mother's Day away from my kid, but while eating a nice lady of the hotel was given cookies packed in nice and detailed boxes and with a genuine said we are glad to have you here happy Mother's Day!!! It was wonderful I know Marriot is expensive but is worth it to be in such a nice way that even it was only 1 night they delighted me!

Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
#14 of 21 in Port of Spain
Acajou Hotel
Acajou Hotel
#1 of 2 in Grande Riviere

Been to Courtyard Port of Spain? Share your experiences!