“Good Experience”

Courtyard by Marriott Port of Spain
Ranked #1 of 21 Hotels in Port of Spain
Reviewed March 20, 2013

Very good experince at this location! The staff was very friendly, the room was clean and updated, the bar and resturaunt was comfortable, the food was good, the lobby area was well lit and inviting, and the area felt safe to walk around. Large mall next door had several resturaunts to select from. None stood out but were accetable for business travel.

Room Tip: Room was in the front of the building on upper floor. With the windows closed there was very little...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
4  Thank Business46

Reviewed March 17, 2013

Good place to stay while on business. Lots of good restaurants and bars close by as well as a multiplex. Also not far from the corporate areas of Port-of-Spain. It 's also a short drive from sea related activities at Chaguaramas and Macqeripe Bay. The hotel itself is well maintained and the service is very good.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank Calvin R
Reviewed March 13, 2013

This was my first stay at the Marriott, Trinidad - and service was beyond what I expected!

The smiles, conversation, patience, care and understanding shown by Vernessa, Sherissa, Camille, Jojo and Steve (Millette - his surname was given to me when it was explained there were two Steve's there!) at the front counter really made me feel valued and appreciated.
They readily answered all of my questions and were always willing to assist a clumsy girl like me with anything that I needed! I just had to come here and write about the fantastic service they delivered to me while there!

The only drawback of the experience is the limited menu and the fact that the kitchen / restaurant closes at 11pm (although the snack area is open 24 hours. But when the tummy rumbles at night, food is needed!).

So, if you are going to be in Trinidad for a while, and looking for a place that offers excellent service, clean spacious rooms with close proximity to a mall with cinemas, restaurants and stores - then definitely come to the Courtyard by Marriott Trinidad!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank AlwaysCocaCola_80
Reviewed March 8, 2013

This was my 3rd stay it the Marriott and I never had a single complaint. Check in was always quick and easy. The hotel, which is problem, well-suited for business travellers are also well appreciated by non-business visitors. The cost is very reasonable for the type of room which had two queen-sized beds which was very suitable since I stayed there with my 3yr old son and my cousin and her son. The room was very spacious.
We had dinner at the hotel, though the menu was sorta limited. The meals were good. Service was excellent by the staff at the restaurant.
Breakfast, though not buffet, was excellent and very satisfying.
I must commend Marriott on the excellent renovation to the lobby area. Very beautiful.
I will return again Marriott for a weekend getaway.

Room Tip: Request a room further west as this may help reduce the amt. of noise heard from the late night spot...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank nmvf
GMCYPOS, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Port of Spain, responded to this reviewResponded March 15, 2013

We are very happy that we were able to provide you and your family an opportunity to take some time away from your routine. Our refreshing lobby concept caters to the differing needs of every traveller and continues to be very popular with our guests.

Thank you for your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Regards,
Nicol Khelawan

Reviewed March 1, 2013

We stayed for just one night 17th March 2012, to celebrate my bf birthday check in was quick and easy. We even got complementary deserts for our celebration.The room was very spacious and clean. Exceptionally polite staff and delicious food. We highly recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Gillian D

Congratulations on your birthday! We are happy that we were able to make your birthday a special one.

We look forward to having you with us again in the near future.

Regards,
Nicol Khelawan

Reviewed February 24, 2013

We spent 2 days in Trinidad before heading to Tobago and I used my points for a stay at the Courtyard.

I was surprised that this Courtyard was like every other one I have stayed at in North America - but I guess that is the purpose of branding. There is comfort in knowing exactly what you are going to get.

The staff were exceptionally pleasant and helpful. The room clean and functional. And I was able to have my much-loved Yogurt Parfait for breakfast.

The location worked for us and we appreciated being beside the Movietown complex which included other stores and restaurants. Very convenient!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank SherreeLynn
Reviewed February 12, 2013

Superb top quality courtyard. Very nice hotel. Wonderful staff. Very close to city center and a short distance form Movie Town. They ahve a few restaurants and bars that are nice if you don't want to take the drive down to town center. It is also very close to the airport. However, it is far from the beaches so you will definetly will need a car to go and to sightsee. I know there is public transportation but not familiar with it.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
D' Coconut Cove Holiday Beach Resort
Cara Suites
Cara Suites
#1 of 1 in Claxton Bay

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Port of Spain? Share your experiences!