“Super stay in Port of Spain”

Courtyard by Marriott Port of Spain
Ranked #1 of 21 Hotels in Port of Spain
Reviewed February 5, 2013

What a great experience!!! Staff was excellent. Food in restaurant was tasty and fairly inexpensive. Pool was nice, but small. And the walking distance to MovieTowne was less than 10 minutes. For me the best item was the car service provided by EuroCar right on site. Do not rent a car. Allow the service to pick you up and return you to the airport and use the service for all of your travelling around POS and Trinidad. Would highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Fourth floor facing the stadium is a super view. you will not be disappointed.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank rick f

Reviewed February 1, 2013

Nice spacious, quiet hotel rooms, lovely staff and great breakfast - fresh blueberry pancakes with fruit and maple syrup were my favourite! The pool is nice but not very big and the hotel restaurant is quite good. The location is ok as it is near "movietown" which has a cinema and a shopping complex where there are quite a few international restaurants (including brazilian rodizio, sushi, an irish bar, chinese, caribbean..). You can't really walk into the town centre from here though so you need a car or taxi to get any further than movietown. Nice and quiet though if that's what you're after!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Siempredviaje
Reviewed January 19, 2013

I got an opportunity to stay at the Marriott in Dec 2012 and found it to be quiet decent place. It is quiet close to the Stadium. There is a movie theater near by where u can find Indian as well as International movies at a decent price. There is a street with all food joints. The hotel has a swimming pool. Has a small restaurant, u have to place a order at the pantry and they will give u a token and bring ur food to the table. There is good parking lot. Although the back view is not impressive, but the front view has the stadium and the hills. There is a night life at the "Avenue" which is only 5 min drive. Overall u will like it. .

Room Tip: You may book the room close to the elevator or u will have to walk a long way to get to the rooms at...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Sunny04_11
Reviewed January 16, 2013

I accompanied my husband on a business trip in Oct 2012. My husband asked the staff to look after me as I would be lonely on my own and they did.
Whenever I saw a member of staff they gave me one of their lovely smiles, asked what I was doing, what my plans were, if there was anything they could do to make my trip enjoyable.
They helped me choose a couple of trips round the island and recommended a good guide. I can really recommend this hotel.... one of the best for customer service

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed January 4, 2013

Staff was OK, but gave really, really bad advice and was not very knowledgeable. I have been a Marriott Platinum member for a decade so I know what they should know...and they don't know.
The hotel is about two miles from downtown and I don't believe the location is good. There is a nice mall for Trinidad next door, but the only restaurants are your standard American crap of TGI Friday copies plus one Brazilian all you can eat. If you want local food, nothing within walking distance and the hotel employees could recommend nothing but overpriced restaurants from their list where no locals go, including them so, they can't say what is and what is not good. You have to have a car if you are spending anytime at this hotel.
For breakfast, save money and order a kids meal. That is a great value and more than enough food for any adult, except the fat. I received a kids meal large bowl of cereal and a side of fruit for just a few US dollars. Also, free coffee in the morning hidden around the corner if you are to the machine by 8:00 am. I don't get the free coffee ending at 8 a.m.
Rooms were clean, comfortable and good quality Marriott.
As far as other options, there are not many, so I would recommend staying here, but let's face it, the hotel is not a full service Marriott.

Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank FrequentTravler8
GMCYPOS, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Port of Spain, responded to this reviewResponded January 8, 2013

Thank you for your loyalty to the Marriott. I appreciate your feedback since this helps us on our pursuit of excellent guest experieinces. Please know that I have addressed with our Front Desk team.

We hope to see you and your family sometime soon. Safe travels.

Reviewed January 3, 2013

We were greeted with smiles as we entered and were happy with the service received until we happened to glimpse one member of staff rolling her eyes at our antics on our girls night of fun. The location is great being walking distance from Movie Towne and the obreakfast was fabulous. However the size of the pool was disappointing as well as the incessent loud knocking heard from our room at 8:30 am. All in all, fairly good value for your money.

1  Thank AliciaAdorada
Reviewed December 25, 2012 via mobile

You absolutely have to try the generous breakfast menu. And we met santa claus in the lobby. Rooms clean, personnel very nice. even though there were towels and coffee cups only for two persons (we stayed in family suite and there was 4 of us)

• Stayed: December 2012
Cara Suites
#1 of 1 in Claxton Bay
35 mi away
D' Coconut Cove Holiday Beach Resort

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Port of Spain? Share your experiences!